4* DDQ: Kingpin pokes Luke

Options
2»

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Leveled my 3/2/5 to 142, got Cage on the first try with +2 all, +2 red/yellow, +2 green/black. Cage jabbed me on two separate occasions, and I was down to 253 health (and he had under 2000) when I was able to get one more black match to finger him again; thankfully a bunch of Threatens had resolved so that the poke was enough to down him.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think this is going to happen for me. Every match-3 I make is cascading into easy black matches for him, and I just don't have the health at 115 to survive more than two of those jabs.
  • HeyoJayo
    HeyoJayo Posts: 75
    Options
    mjmora87 wrote:
    HeyoJayo wrote:
    Leveled my 0/5/4 Kingpin to 135, but without the ability to poke, seems that Luke can just outgrind me. Maybe next cycle

Can you level him anymore? I think even if you could get to 145 or so and get a lucky board to deny him black, you could do it after a decent number of attempts.

That did the trick! Don't laugh, was holding back some iso to champ Rag. (2 covers in storage) went ahead and spent it on KP, got a lucky board, and won myself a blueflag.pngicon_quake.png
  • tonyeq
    tonyeq Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won on 3rd try with 2/2/2 after leveling from 111 to 127. Used +2 bp, +2 yr, +100% damage. Got black hulkbuster so I'm at 1/2/3.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try 4/3/5 level 200, with ap boosts and 100% damage boost. I only managed one poke, but fired Pawns three times. Even with his shield out, 6 hitman shots took him down from half health.

Cyclops yellowflag.png with the token. He's still only 2/4/4, but every little bit helps.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's level 275 5/3/5 had no problem, got a War Machine green from the token.

Wolveroach's 1/4/0 won't even be trying. No yellow = no chance.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat him on the second try with a 3/2/5 at LVL 205. The first fight was very unkind to my Maggia tiles, as of the 15 I was able to cast, a grand total of three of them went off thanks to lucky matches/cascades. Had the fight gone one turn longer, I had a black sniper tile ready to down Luke Cage, but yet another match 4 was enough to down Kingpin. The second fight went slightly better, but was still brutal; I won with about 900 health left.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my 15th try, I got him down to 8900 health!!!one1!

This isn't happening for me until I get another yellow cover (at least) and level to around 130 or so.

Oh well. Only two months or so until my next chance to win one of these (unless Thing and Jean Grey do better than I think they're going to do).
  • pinoles
    pinoles Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I too think my 111:1/0/3 stands no chance. No purple is almost as bad as no black. (Unless someone thinks otherwise?)
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Six tries so far with my 111 2/2/1 Kingpin, haven't gotten Luke under 10k health yet. Unless I magically pull another KP cover from somewhere and can level him a little higher, my streak of 9 straight Crash wins will end today.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Took about 7 or 8 tries for my 2/2/3 Kingpin. Luke doesn't go for Black tiles too much but the lack of damage my Kingpin does wore me down.

Took 36 Black and 30 yellow for me to finally do enough damage.
  • dei1564
    dei1564 Posts: 16
    Options
    3/0/5. First tried at 127, I leveled to 188 and try again 4 times. Token is stockpiled.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After another seven attempts I decided to quit that one. At least you have to have more than one black & yellow cover to beat Luke.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've failed to win 2/11 Crashes this cycle.

For Nick Fury, I had only 5 covers at the time. Got another cover for him the next day, and have gotten 5 covers for him since, so he's now at 10.

I had 5 Kingpin covers for this one, failed to win, so of course I got two more covers for him today for finishing t5 in the Jugg H PVE. They'll come in handy ... yesterday.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pinoles wrote:
    I too think my 111:1/0/3 stands no chance. No purple is almost as bad as no black. (Unless someone thinks otherwise?)

No yellow is far worse, which highlights the problem with this type of battle. I've got a 3-4-0 Kingpin. Without that yellow he is completely **** and will never be able to compete until I get that color.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    118 2/0/3, got very lucky on my third try, and he helped by matching away his protect tile at opportune moments.

I gave on on the boosts that increase match damage and went with the ones that give AP.