Deadpool's Daily Quest: Vault Contents Updated

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Great news. Appreciate the change. Since I'm in the middle of farming my 2*s, I can use both ISO and 2*s equally. Look forward to blowing my stash when I need the featured 4* cover.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Certainly another way to increase ISO by percentage would be just drop the vault to 100 total pulls and remove a bulk of the 2*/health packs...that way your chances of pulling ISO (and thus the daily amount of ISO pulled over any amount of time) would be much greater.

Oh, and the vaults would be worth hoarding and you'd have a higher 4*/LT percentage - also things needed in the game.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2016
    Alright, so I took it upon myself to do a little analysis on the vaults, both before and after the changes, just to gain an idea on how big of an effect this has. I went ahead and converted the items into ISO that had known values. This allowed for easy calculations as far as total ISO in the vault and expected values when pulling 10 tokens.
    joGtiiZ.png

This is useful for those of you that save up 300 tokens and empty the entire vault. For those of us that just open 10 tokens per vault though, I was more interested in the full distributions. To do this I made a computer simulation that pulled 10 tokens from the vault, and ran it 10000 times. I then normalized the results into histograms.
    ZW3xdOr.png
    iKwTPlg.png

*edit: missed some 3* in the table, but the simulation was correct, so it did not affect the distributions.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Think you missed some 3*s in the old vault?
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I understand that people in 4* and 5* transition need the ISO iso8.png the most....

But I would rather than that prefer higher chance on 3* covers cardpack.png . If you don't need them, sell it for ISO (win win), but c'mon, the volume of 3* in the game is just ridiculous (last time I checked it was 40) and multiply it by 13 covers and you get 520 covers if one would really like to collect.

And before you tell me about Big enchilada.. pre-req for Big enchilada is that you actually have that featured cover... but chances you get that featured 3* from the vault, to be able to compete, are below 2%...

Since the game has rapidly shifted to 5* game, I would more than welcome, if the reward mechanisms balanced a bit more the chances between 2* covers and 3* covers, not to allow the bottlenecks....

(and those who haven't noticed, even if you have no 3* maxed, when you go over 1000 mark in shield sim, you frequently stand against champed 3* or >lvl 250 5*, so getting the 3* progression awards requires few expensive shield hops, tons of boosts and pinch of luck)
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Polares wrote:
    Why, WHY remove the Health packs!?!?!?! There are a bunch of 2s nobody wants! Healtch packs are useful to everybody! 129 2s and you had to remove the Health packs ...

Always the same, I give you something good, but I also remove something from you icon_e_sad.gif

How else would D3 push more players to become VIP? icon_twisted.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    The Herald wrote:
    While hoarding tokens to fish up Health Packs is a novel exploit, something I've done in the run up to boss battle events, it isn't the designed intent of the Taco Vault.

I doubt any hoarding strategy is.

If the devs make adjustments that don't support hoarding it's not really something to complain about.

When people insisted they were "screwed" because they dumped a horde of LTs before the drop rate went up is another example of this. You were never supposed to hoard them in the first place, so there won't be any compensation for you failing to exploit a courtesy (your tokens don't expire so you can hold off putting pressure on your roster).

What I'll take from this is "Yay more iso8", even though I'm one of the 2* fans.

(Just hoping 2* drops go up in place of 1*s elsewhere now...)

It is an exploit but there have been many games where they have designed a feature and it doesn't work as they want it to but was hugely popular and thus was kept like that and was silently accepted as the norm. This hoarding for health packs is the same thing. It was a hugely popular feature. To be honest, the game attracted hoarders anyway otherwise why would anyone collect all the characters. Why would they have different essential and boosted characters each week? I think hoarding or collecting is something encouraged considering how many characters we have in the game. If that was an unintended consequence, then their target market is wrong.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If hoarding to some degree wasn't intended there wouldn't be a vault mechanic.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I don't think I saw anyone mention that before you had a 10% chance to get 1500 ISO from a single token. Now to get 1500+ iso you have a little over 3% chance. You are more likely to just get 500 iso now instead of 1500 iso.

For the single token openers who open them everyday this can hurt. Although I guess winning an ISO prize that is smaller beats a 2* prize.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the end result of all this is going to be an extra 100 ISO per day. Sorry, but I don't see any reason for any enthusiasm over this. To those in the "every little bit helps" camp, I'd rather have maintained the health pack bank as-is, rather than get extra ISO that won't even be noticed.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Well now that I have a program that can simulate 10 pulls out of a vault, I decided to use it to find the distributions of some other quantities.

Number of 4 star covers acquired off 10 tokens (3 total in vault, counting token)
      0: 90.34% 1: 9.43% 2: .22% 3: .00498% (this happened once in 20075 events)
    So essentially one in every 10 vaults, or once every 50 days you should expect to pull a 4* cover out of the vault.

Number of 3 star covers acquired off 10 tokens (34 total in vault)
      0: 29.49% 1: 38.97% 2: 22.31% 3: 7.64% 4: 1.37% 5: .20% 6: .015% 7: .00498% (this happened once in 20075 events) 8: < .00498% (this happened 0 times in 20075 events) 9: < .00498% (this happened 0 times in 20075 events) 10: < .00498% (this happened 0 times in 20075 events)
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Wow never knew that there was a subset of players that loved the Health packs. They always feel such a waste to me when I'm opening a large number of tacos.

Tip if you find that you are depending too much on Health Packs to climb in PVP: Start playing much earlier. The earlier you start playing the lesser "density" of players likely to be playing exactly at the same time to see you, so it's pretty safe to "float" without shields at least up to 600 points. So you just do most of your climb at a slow pace spread over a day and the rest in two tandems separated by one shield hop. You are unlikely to need more than 10 packs each time.

Thanks for the pro tip. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Amazingly, some people have different play styles. They also sometimes have real lives to deal with so can't always do the obvious. Who knew? Yes there are people who hold onto the taco token, ONLY for health packs. This is because some PVP's can just be more brutal on health of our characters than others, and they don't need any of the covers from the vault and they don't want to spend hero points on health packs.
  • whitecat31
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings!

Starting with the next round of Deadpool's Daily Quest (July 12, 2016) updates will be made to the contents of the DDQ Vault in order to increase the Iso-8 on offer. Here are details and a chart from Demiurge:

"We updated the contents in the vault to provide players with more opportunities to get Iso-8 rewards. We have added an additional 27,500 Iso-8 to the vault (a total of 92,500 Iso-8). We also increased the percentage to get an Iso-8 reward to 32% (from 11%).

To account for these changes, we removed 21 5-Health packs (but added 3 10-Health Packs) and 46 random 2-Star character rewards.
    Somebody else already did the math on this, (Thank you Hadronic) and you barely increased the amount of ISO we would get on average, yet drastically ruined the average of getting a health packs at a needed level. 10 packs, is a waste for most players, because our max regeneration level is 10 packs. You made the health packs go from a 14% to a 7% chance. For a certain minority of the players base this was the TRUE prize.
    For me this is the most disappointing thing you guys have done in a while. You have made the health packs RARER than the 3 star draws, and the TRUE math return is not worth it. It is an increased value of 91 ISO per potential pack draw. Yes, I know SOME players here suggested, lowering the health pack rates in another suggestion area, and I on that same thread disagreed with that suggestion. The level of disappointment for me on this change is about an equivalent to the 11 Jean Grey five star covers that I have drawn, and could not use.
  • whitecat31
    So will you change the rarity icons on the health packs to reflect the change from two stars to three stars? icon_cry.gif
  • whitecat31
    The Herald wrote:
    While hoarding tokens to fish up Health Packs is a novel exploit, something I've done in the run up to boss battle events, it isn't the designed intent of the Taco Vault.

I doubt any hoarding strategy is.

(Just hoping 2* drops go up in place of 1*s elsewhere now...)

The word "Exploit" is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. In many cases it is considered a form of cheating.
    Tossing around the word "Exploit" on a video game forum is a great way to gather a lot of undesirable responses from the player base.

No where have the dev team/game designers indicated that hoarding is an exploit of the game.

Hoarding, is what this game makes quite a bit of money on. People want to collect every character, and you are rewarded for this, in one shape or another in the various PVEs.
    Some people hoard command points/ISO/Tokens/hero points, to use for various reasons.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If hoarding to some degree wasn't intended there wouldn't be a vault mechanic.
    More accurately tokens wouldn't roll over
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Okay, so I'm one of the few who mourns the reduction of Health Paks. Someone had the notion of the reduction in the star.pngstar.png covers in lieu of removing the Health Paks. That woulda been nice, but I guess beggars can't be choosers here. We'll live.
  • dmeleedy
    dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Speaking as a PVE player who needs to grind nodes a lot, I am devastated by the reduction of health packs by so much in the vaults. Health packs were the most valuable asset to me in the vault that I could actually get if I saved up enough tokens. Now the chances are so low it makes tacos seem much less valuable to me.

Please consider upping health pack percentage to something more reasonable.

I always fish for health packs when I have 0 and have just lost a match, so I usually need 3 packs right away and then more as the nodes are quite difficult at that point.

Also, I only use tacos when fishing for health packs.
  • SkyElf
    SkyElf Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Because typical health pack rewards show up when I don't need them and go to waste, I cherish the ability to hoard tacos until I really need extra heath packs. Please find some way of increasing the odds of getting health packs from the vault or find some way to allow health pack rewards to be saved for later rather than always applying them to your total right away.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for reducing the odds of pulling a useless prize from the taco vaults. I run out of health packs once in a blue moon.