Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Carnage

Options
2»

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took 4 tries with my L133 2/4/3 Carnage.

I was a little worried about my red being too low, and I initially kept getting green-heavy boards. But I finally got a board where I could stockpile 28 red for 4x Scythes, 1x green to clean up some of the tiles, and that was it.

Reward: redflag.pngicon_thor.png now 5/3/3. I'll take it.

My record for Cycle 3: now up to 10-2.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last time icon_carnage.png was 1/1/2, so it was a pass. BUT THIS TIME - he is 1/2/2, so I guess it's a pass again.

You are much wiser than I. My Carnage is 1/2/2, leveled to 111. I don't have much of a prayer at another Crash until JG, FalCap, Quake, or Rulk come up, so I decided to burn the boosts.

Used +2 all/+2 B/G, and +100% match damage until they ran out and +50% B/G match until I ran out of health. On the fourth try, got a red-heavy board and denied green. He didn't get off Manipulation until he was under 8,000 health, and I had enough AP stored to fire off four Scythes and two Carnage Rules. At one cover, Scythes simply doesn't do enough damage to pull this off. Got him down to 550 health and he fired off Armed and Dangerous, and it was over.

Gonna have to wait till Scythes has a few more covers.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/2/4, 127. Took three tries with boosts, rarely felt like I was in control of the match since the majority of the boards had green and blue matches. In my winning game (+2 all, +2 g/b, +100% all match damage), I had enough green for one Carnage Rules and was just shy of enough red AP to fire Scythes three times but had less than 1000 health left and several enemy attack tiles out, with a red match 3 available; fortunately, Ock and the attack tiles did < 700 damage, so took the red match, then emptied out all my powers to down him.

Got a black GG. Yay!
  • kieranball07
    Options
    Took about 7/8 tries with a level 115 1/1/3 carnage

Boosts +2AP all, +2AP G/B, 100% match damage.

Just denied green. Collected red was more important to me than denying blue. Just keep doing this until he fires manipulation and then blast him with everything you got and hope it's enough!
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    took a few tries with my 4/0/5 level 90 (near perfect build for this matchup since there will be special tiles) but never got a "friendly" board (way too much green) and didn't pack enough punch with red...took him to 130 and made short work of doc ock...IMHB with the LT, he's already champed...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won, but I didn't expect my health to drop down to 1/3. I miscalculated the cost for 3 Scythes, so I was 2AP short for that third one. Since there were some attack tiles from a Manipulation earlier in the match, Armed and Dangerous was wasn't the best thing to follow. I still got the last red AP for the last attack, so it didn't really matter.

I got a yellow Miles, and which my 2/5/1 Miles totally needed. Ugh...
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Update, managed to win with Lvl 106 1/4/1 Carnage on the first effort that I added boosts.

Max R/Y dmg, B/G dmg and All dmg.

Tried to deny Green and Blue, which was frankly impossible due to cascades which always seemed to give him the matches he needed (the ones that make it really hard to believe the game isn't rigged icon_rolleyes.gif). He hit me once with A & D. Got a couple of crits in and at the end 2x Scythes and 1x Carnage rules was just enough to take him out. He had 14 green at that point and would have downed me next turn.

Phew.
  • DevilMayGrind
    Options
    Last time icon_carnage.png was 1/1/2, so it was a pass. BUT THIS TIME - he is 1/2/2, so I guess it's a pass again.

But wait - THERE'S MORE: actually beat him. So not a pass this time. Boosted all dmg, R/Y and G/B. 86LVL. 5th try. Once again - the board plays a major role in the outcome of the match.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Mine was I think 1/1/5. I was at level 145. Took me about 5 tries? I basically saved up all my powers and let it all go at once. Doc Oct's powers are expensive so it's very unlikley that attack tiles will be layed down if you don't use any powers. Basically this means I can concentrate on denying green and just let doc oct take the blues. After I got 3 red powers saved up and 2 green powers saved, I sent out the reds first and then the greens as that would maximize damage. Was close though. Even with the 5 powers, I had to have some lucky cascades to down him.

Used r/y boosts, g/b boots, and critical damage boost.

I think having more red covers would have helped a lot.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Carnage is lv. 115 3/1/1. Won on second try with boosts: +2 g/b, +2 all and +40% match damage.