1st run - 0 covers
2nd run - 2/4/3
3rd run - 3/5/4

Previous Runs

Comments

• Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance of winning this with a 2-2-1 Thing?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it last time with a 94 1/1/2 Thing... Will see if I can dig out the tactics I used
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    His yellow will be worthless, correct?

i have a 2/3/2, and he might as well be 2/0/2 for all that I have leveled him.

He can get to level 147 though. Do I have a chance?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This will be my first time really trying this Crash as I never had the covers for him until now. From looking at the previous threads, my lvl 185, 5/3/3 should be okay now.

And here's the best pieces of advice I could find from the 1st run of this Crash icon_e_wink.gif :
    Der_Lex wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

The moral of the story - if you play with your Thing the right way, you can end up on top!

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or: no matter how small your Thing is, sometimes you might still get lucky.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Per Peter's thread, the lowest level Thing to win was 1/1/2 @ level 94.

My Thing is 5/5/2, but I'm wary of thinking that this fight will be a cakewalk -- Ben's powers are rather expensive.
  • CT1888
    Options
    Per Peter's thread, the lowest level Thing to win was 1/1/2 @ level 94.

My Thing is 5/5/2, but I'm wary of thinking that this fight will be a cakewalk -- Ben's powers are rather expensive.

That was mine icon_e_wink.gif

It took 4 tries using +100% all, +50%r/y, +2r/y. Lots or Red and black denial, Green control to stop him ever getting his power out then making more green matches, use red strategically to stun him when you are in a fork that he could get a useful colour to him, save green for big hits at the end or to try for board shake if he gets black out. Deny red. Deny red. Deny red.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not possible for my lvl 131 2/1/3 Thing.... Board is always horrible and HT hits hard.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    First try with a 5/3/2 thing.

I got a Red off on the third turn and then got in a lot of trouble because Torch had 14 green AP. Fortunately he double tapped flame jet and a a board set let me match the two tiles away. I then got a green and another red off.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two tries with 2/3/1, Level 130 Thing; the first was to see whether having half of his covers in a useless (in a solo fight!) passive was going to limit his ability to do enough damage to have a real shot at this.

The second try, I used 5x20% match damage, +2 R/Y, +2 all, and focused on red denial. Also got a lucky board which gave ME all the red and him NONE of the red.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Thing, expected little difficulty. Still lost the first attention, but got him on the second try with very little hit points left.
    Got icon_cyclops.png from the legendary token, another champion level there.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Two tries with 2/3/1, Level 130 Thing; the first was to see whether having half of his covers in a useless (in a solo fight!) passive was going to limit his ability to do enough damage to have a real shot at this.

The second try, I used 5x20% match damage, +2 R/Y, +2 all, and focused on red denial. Also got a lucky board which gave ME all the red and him NONE of the red.

Mmm. Did the Big Enchilada before opening my token.

5* Cap redflag.png

I was hoping for 5* Hulk since one of my tacos yielded enough HP to open up another roster slot, but Cap was my second choice. I'm happy.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took 6 tries, but got him with my 2/2/3 @ 147. Tile drops were doing their best to keep him in the game, but finally downed him with a lucky one of my own.

blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_e_sad.gif
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    2 trys's with 2/2/5 lvl 115
    got greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png
  • CT1888
    Options
    3 tries with my 1/2/3 100 Thing. +100% all, +2 all, +2r/y. 3 health left at the end icon_e_smile.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Champion Thing, expected little difficulty. Still lost the first attention, but got him on the second try with very little hit points left.
    Got icon_cyclops.png from the legendary token, another champion level there.
    Jeez, even a champed Thing has trouble with this match up? I wish they'd tune these fights a little better.

Anyway, my lvl 120 4/3/5 took 4 tries. Last 3 I boosted b/g and all AP and 50 match damage. Won with under 200 health, and only because I boosted match damage.

I let my son open the token. token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_eek.gif

P.S. please add Banner's icon, thx!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Two tries with 5/5/2 152, +2 all, +2 g/b, +2 r/y. First time, he got an Inferno out, and I only managed to clear half of the attack tiles, plus he got at least one Fireball off on me while I only got one Clobber off. Second time, I was proud of myself for denying both red and black (he fired a Flame Jet with 6 green AP, tee hee), but then after one of my matches, the board re-shuffled and gave him a mini-cascade that gave him enough red to do real damage against me. Thankfully, I'd already amassed enough red to Clobber him twice and Yancy him once, which was enough to down him.

Got a Black Banner! icon_eek.gif
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Two tries with 5/5/2 152, +2 all, +2 g/b, +2 r/y. First time, he got an Inferno out, and I only managed to clear half of the attack tiles, plus he got at least one Fireball off on me while I only got one Clobber off. Second time, I was proud of myself for denying both red and black (he fired a Flame Jet with 6 green AP, tee hee), but then after one of my matches, the board re-shuffled and gave him a mini-cascade that gave him enough red to do real damage against me. Thankfully, I'd already amassed enough red to Clobber him twice and Yancy him once, which was enough to down him.

great, now I'm not going to be able to beat lokivsleah in lightning rounds anymore.

thanks a lot.

jerk. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is going to be pass from me 3/2/0 lvl 90...
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Forth try with 242 lvl 168 and beat him to get 1000 really wish they would make legendary rainbow colour getting fed up of useless 6th covers when need other colours
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:

great, now I'm not going to be able to beat lokivsleah in lightning rounds anymore.

thanks a lot.

jerk. icon_e_wink.gif

TBH I haven't rostered Banner yet -- I'm waiting for an explanation on 5* scaling from D3! icon_lol.gif