-20k iso

Final results:
    -Wasted time
    -wasted boosts
    -Depressed individual
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They make these matches so dang hard. My boards have no yellow on it and I deny deny deny black and red the whole time. What happens? Match 4 red which drops in 3 reds and boom that's enough for her red, which kills my protects that I finally got out and cascades into a black for her, which means I'm stunned for 2 rounds and game over man.

Having 1 red makes this too hard - just not enough damage can be done. I took him up to 140 but 4/5/1 just cant get it done I fear
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    They make these matches so dang hard. My boards have no yellow on it and I deny deny deny black and red the whole time. What happens? Match 4 red which drops in 3 reds and boom that's enough for her red, which kills my protects that I finally got out and cascades into a black for her, which means I'm stunned for 2 rounds and game over man.

Having 1 red makes this too hard - just not enough damage can be done. I took him up to 140 but 4/5/1 just cant get it done I fear
    You'd need a perfect board that gives you all the red and gives her nothing. It's frustrating that a 10 cover character has next to no chance in their fight, but that's how they designed the match up.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cozmo1682 wrote:

You'd need a perfect board that gives you all the red and gives her nothing. It's frustrating that a 10 cover character has next to no chance in their fight, but that's how they designed the match up.

Sheep you're my shoulder to cry on in alliance and on the board. That is teamwork my man! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    135, 5/5/2, ridiculously terrible boards.

She just works too well against him and not having many covers in red makes it unusable considering her passive.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cozmo1682 wrote:

It's among the toughest 4* ddq matches for sure.

the ideal minimum build for this fight would be 1/0/5. He doesn't really do enough damage to 1 shot marvel without all 5 red covers. And yellow is almost entirely useless for defense, since marvel can wipe out all the protect tiles with just 7 ap. And of course, you can't go with full match damage boosts because anything above 600 damage or so triggers her passive.

With only 1 red cover, you will have a very hard time. Your best bet is probably to boost match damage on red/yellow, and then try to collect 28 red and 9 or 18 yellow. (if you do get 18 yellow, you can use it to save a bit of health with an early yellow cast, but make sure you always have a reserve nine saved up for your alpha strike round.)

Another high risk/high reward strategy is to let her use her black and then make some blue matches to boost that strike tile. you want it to get up to 2 or 3 hundred. That makes off-colour matches meaningful without triggering her passive on yellow or blue matches.

But overall, I wouldn't expect anything but frustration. That way any success will be a pleasant surprise.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 5/3/4 LVL 180 Sam is definitely enough to get the job done, but I've gotten three red-starved boards where her match damage killed me before I had enough red to use dive-bomb once and the last board gave her a match-4 red into a match-5 team-up into a match-5 black into another match-4 red...I need a stun and Cyclops team-up... icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    My 5/3/4 LVL 180 Sam is definitely enough to get the job done, but I've gotten three red-starved boards where her match damage killed me before I had enough red to use dive-bomb once and the last board gave her a match-4 red into a match-5 team-up into a match-5 black into another match-4 red...I need a stun and Cyclops team-up... icon_lol.gif

Yeah, even with 4 red covers, the match is still heavily dependent upon board luck. I have a 4/5/4 @147 and it took me 16 tries today (the last five with y/r match damage and ap boosts). I had her down to 300 and (heartbreakingly) 36 in two matches with boosts. But in the end, all it took to win was playing enough matches that I eventually got a friendly board that gave me 20 red, 9 yellow, and then helpfully restocked the board with 14 yellow tiles to fuel my divebomb. Good thing too as I had 336 health left and was about to eat a photon blast. . .
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:

Yeah, even with 4 red covers, the match is still heavily dependent upon board luck. I have a 4/5/4 @147 and it took me 16 tries today (the last five with y/r match damage and ap boosts). I had her down to 300 and (heartbreakingly) 36 in two matches with boosts. But in the end, all it took to win was playing enough matches that I eventually got a friendly board that gave me 20 red, 9 yellow, and then helpfully restocked the board with 14 yellow tiles to fuel my divebomb. Good thing too as I had 336 health left and was about to eat a photon blast. . .

Maybe your reply was the luck I needed 'cause my fortunes changed with the next attempt. The board still wasn't that great as I did eat a photon blast or two and a hypersonic punch, but at least there were no cascades in her favor. When I was down to about 1K health, I finally got the final red match I needed to get at least 28 red - two dive-bombs later, hello LT.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with 5/3/5 168 Flappy, +2 all and +2 r/y. I was able to collect yellow pretty quickly, but red was hard for me to come by. What's more, she was about to hit me with her black, so I raised shields to mitigate as much of the impact as I could even though I didn't have enough red to Dive Bomb her. Of course, she matched the strike tile immediately, and within 6? turns was able to destroy all my protect tiles. I scratched out that 14 red, but at that point the board got yellow-starved; I was at 955 health when I finally got enough yellow and she had ~10K health, but at that point, that was enough.

Pulled a red Carny.
  • smatterchoo
    Options
    Anyone else noticed that Marvel is configured as 5.5.5?

I thought they said they were going to use valid matchups?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apparently they didn't update the fights that they'd already designed. All Crashes used to be against 5/5/5 level 270 enemies. I think Rulk was the first one to change that (excluding Devil Dino who was a one-off)
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Apparently they didn't update the fights that they'd already designed. All Crashes used to be against 5/5/5 level 270 enemies. I think Rulk was the first one to change that (excluding Devil Dino who was a one-off)

Remember, it's Fun and Challenging!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took about 12 tries, but my level 150 2/4/3 CapFalcon did it boosted with +50% R/Y and +2 R/Y AP. The token gave me a purple Winter Soldier.

Man that's a painful one...
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've tried this 12 times with a L120 1/3/2 Flaptain, and I've yet to fire off my red. Not once. I'm actively denying red and black and she still just stumbles into red faster than I can deliberately collect it.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    It took about 12 tries, but my level 150 2/4/3 CapFalcon did it boosted with +50% R/Y and +2 R/Y AP. The token gave me a purple Winter Soldier.

I like WS purple. Ap theft at the 4* tier!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Managed to beat it for the first time on maybe my 8th try or so. +2 R/Y, +2 All, +50% R/Y. Lucked out on my last move when my match dropped into a 6 match red which left me at 29 Red AP, enough to dive bomb her twice into oblivion.

Pulled an Elektra for my efforts. No matter how bad the character is I usually wouldn't be too upset, except that she's already maxed covered and only at level 140. What a waste of my time, health packs and boosts.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yet another failure should have leveled up more but even with 4/2/2 lvl 90 Sam, couldn't beat it. Capt Marvel is so marvellous that I think even lvl 120 wouldn't be enough unless lucky with reds
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:

I like WS purple. Ap theft at the 4* tier!

Oops. I just realized how this sounded. Beating Cap Marvel was painful. I'm quite happy with getting Winter Soldier icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:

Maybe your reply was the luck I needed 'cause my fortunes changed with the next attempt. The board still wasn't that great as I did eat a photon blast or two and a hypersonic punch, but at least there were no cascades in her favor. When I was down to about 1K health, I finally got the final red match I needed to get at least 28 red - two dive-bombs later, hello LT.

Congrats! Hope the LT pull is good (unless you are stockpiling).