Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

Options
2»

Comments

• superho
    superho Posts: 17
    Options
    Beat with a 4/2/4 @120 - boosted rainbow damage, crit and +2 G/B.

Pretty easy in the end, but people arent exaggerating when they describe his black as the worst move in the game.

Got a yellow wasp for my troubles
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 level 94. 2 tries. really glad they **** beast on covers. black at that low a level is nearly useless. it adds blue to the board and skips your turn, which probably gives beast a blue match. but it does heal for a little more than beast's match damage, so have to be careful about if/when to use it. key was blue/green and deny yellow just enough for him to not get a heal in.
  • batmanone
    Options
    Somewhat to my surprise my 115 3/1/1 managed to pull off the victory after about 4 tries. Used +50% b/g and +100% match damage, and +2 all ap in the winning fight. Pretty favorable board, Beast only managed to get off each of his powers once, while I built up blue and green. Only needed to use hulk's green twice, once to get rid of Beast's blue countdown.

Snagged a yellowflag.png Black Bolt cover out of it.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I managed it with my 5/2/4 level 115 Cho on the first try with +2 Green, Blue, and All AP. I just conserved green and blue until I had 27 blue and could fire off my green twice in a row. I did use the hot-dog stand twice and ended up winning with under 500 HP left...

Got my first Drax purple with the LT.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time was heartbreaking. Had a 1/1/1 CHulk @94. I once got beast down to 200ish health, but lost to an unlucky cascade. Never got close again in many tries.

This cycle my mighty CHulk is up to 2/2/2 and I have even spent some iso to raise him to level 111.

Won on my second try! Boosted +100% all, +50% b/g, +50% b/p. Got a moderately lucky board, but mostly just had enough extra match damage and health to survive a few extra rounds and bring him within range of my very weak green 'nuke.'
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on the first try with 5/1/4 @ 111 with +2 all, +2 b/p, +100% all damage. I played a rather stupid DDQ game: instead of actively denying, I brute-forced my way to a win, though not without several close moments. For example, I had to eat hot dogs three times (at one point I had a silly amount of health like 4 hp or something) after Beast got two Animals Inside and three or four Mutagenic Breakthroughs off, but a couple of green blasts and conveniently placed blue special tiles got rid of Beast's gadgets. I never used my own blue because I was bent on stockpiling it for green.

Got a blue Cyclops. Awesome indeed!
  • TroyAndAbedInMPQ
    Options
    Mine is 3/2/0 lvl 127, and I can't get close to beating him. Spent way too much hp.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try with a 4/1/4 @ 127. +50%b/g, +50%bl/p, +2b/g AP. Took a while, I think I even fired black 3 times. Ultimately built up 30blue and hit him with green several times.

icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png for my troubles, another champ level for him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No real difficulty for my level 180 5/5/3 TAH, sadly nothing useful from the LT.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat him on my 4th or 5th try with my level 131 1/2/3 Chulk using boosts. Got wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png for my troubles, another four-star I don't have.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back in cycle 2, this was one of my first Crash wins, with a L111 3/0/1 Cho. Now at L111 3/1/2, I was able to beat this again on my second try.

Strat was basically the same as last time: +G/B, +P/B, +100% damage. Both my attempts went FOREVER. I was able to deny green pretty well, and whenever he cast a blue CD tile, I'd take it out with my green. As a result, I was able to fire off Hot Dog Stand a surprising amount, and on my second attempt, I simply outlasted Beast.

Reward: yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png XFW. Already cover-maxed, now I have to decide if I want to champ him or not. #FirstWorldMPQProblems
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 3/2/2 Cho just beat it on the 4th attempt with about 2000 health to spare. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I don't believe it. I don't freakin' believe it.

Dogs and cats living together.

Mass hysteria.

However, there was absolutely no doing on my part that facilitated a win, despite trying to use strategies mentioned in this thread on the earlier failed attempts. I simply had an incredibly lucky board with a few good cascades and crits in my favour, while Beast was incredibly frequently stuck with just a useless red/purple/black match on his turn at a frequency approaching statistical impossibility.

Thankfully, the LT awarded me my first Bruce Banner cover (blue)

LONG STORY SHORT: buff Cho pls.! I really really want to like him; It's just so hard to do in his current form.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time I did it at 110 (3/1/2) with a bunch of boosts and a bunch of attempts. This time I dropped another level (to 111, same covers) on him after trying a couple times, and successfully downed him on the first try. It didn't even really feel like a particularly lucky attempt (although I'm sure it was): opponent used both blue and yellow multiple times, I never got off my black and only used my green once. Just timely cascades and board management were enough to pull it out comfortably, with maxed out match damage boosts.

I know Cho is awful and playing against a **** low-tier 3* is embarrassing, but just looking at it from a gameplay perspective, this is actually one of my favorite Clashes. All abilities of both characters are close together in relevance (even Hot Dog Stand!) to how the match plays out, and the difficulty is at a place where I'm not likely to win but I never feel like I don't have a shot, even if I get unlucky. If it weren't for the fact that the metagame doesn't really allow for matches like this in the normal game, I'd be pretty happy to play games like this all the time.

EDIT: The legendary gave me a 5* Hulk blue, too, also my first! What are the odds? (@Mark Spector)
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Raised my 3/2/2 Chulk to 94 and he blew chunks. I got Beast down to about half, but that was all I could do.

Raised Chulk to 120 and boosted 100% damage, 50% G/B and 50% R/Y.

It was a tug of war. Very little green. He got off one Animal Inside, I got off 1 Mastermind. We both got a few lucky cascades. Desperately needed Hot Dog Stand both matches and couldn't cast it.

It became a race to the bottom as we both ran out of health. Him first. I had 826 left.

Got a Thing Green for my troubles.

And oh yeah -- here's my current Taco vault:

Chulk_zpsa4hxamrf.jpg

Yeah...not happening.
  • dei1564
    dei1564 Posts: 16
    Options
    5/0/2 level 106, use +2 green, boost 50% green and 100% all.

LT give me icon_hulkcho.pnggreenflag.pngicon_evil.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt was a L90, 3/4/2 Chulk. Was hoping to try for the the "lowest level" achieved. That was a complete wreck, so levelled up to 141 and tried again. Another 4 attempts or so before finally managing a victory.
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised my 3/4/5 lvl.140 did it with no hassle and no boosts first try. Even got to eat hotdogs a couple times!

Got another cover for my champed 4Thor too which was nice.