Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Miles Morales

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I can't remember if I won this one or not the last time. It looks like he was 2/4/1 back then. Now he's 3/5/1. icon_neutral.gif

Previous Runs

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Miles was only level 78 last time, but still won with little effort thanks to his invisibility. I don't recall the exact cover configuration though.
    He's championed now, so this should be another easy one.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    mine is pretty much the same as last time at 1 or 2 cover of purple. I won last time with no problem (it took me a few tries), hopefully have the same kinda luck this time around as well.

Just remember, purple switches powers. It doesn't matter whether the invisibility tile is out or not. If you used the invisibility power the last time, you would need 14 purple to go invisible again.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I somehow beat this last time with a L90 2/0/1 Miles. It took a lot of dumb luck.

Now he's 3/1/3 and I'm not sure how much the extra covers will help me. I'll probably level him a little, but it still seems like it'll come down to tucking an invis tile into a lower corner that the AI can't easily match away.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was lucky to pull two purple cover for him this week. So I still have a realistic chance to beat this one with my 2/2/0 Miles. icon_e_smile.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have only 2 covers for him and no purple so this probably isn't gonna work
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just beat him with a 2/1/3 at LVL 131 on my first try. +2 B/P, +2 All, and +100% Match damage. It was an extremely unfriendly board, as I had about six or seven black matches before I made my first red match. Tiles seemed to fall quite nicely for him to make yellow and red matches, though. Fortunately, I was able to deny his purples for the most part. I went invisible once his red was about to go off, and stayed that way the rest of the game.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's level 150 2/3/5 did it first vanilla attempt. Got a Black Bolt green from the token,

Wolveroach's level 131 2/1/3 did it 4th try, in the end needed 2 b/p, 2 all, 100% match damage and deny purple at all costs. Got an X23 purple from the token.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt with a L122, 1/4/2 Miles.

Mostly match damage, and 2 "Surprise" attacks when my invisibility was matched away.

Got a icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.pngicon_cry.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Second try with a 1/2/0 level 90 Miles. +2 B/P, +2 all AP, +100% all match damage. Went invisible fast, stayed there until I got enough AP to Surprise then go back invisible, took a couple explosions and lived to tell.

Fitting sendoff: token_legendary.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png before he goes to classics.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my second try with L111 3/1/3 Miles.

This went pretty much as expected. Race to grab purple and go invisible, hope the tile gets placed somewhere it won't get matched away quickly, and then collect/deny purple and red.

Of course, every time I placed an invis tile, the AI came up with creative ways to remove it. An AI match-5 cascaded into a match-4 purple, or no valid moves turned into a board reset which made my invis tile easy for the AI to match away. Barely won with 500 health left, but I'll take it.

Reward: blueflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png Flaptain, now 2/4/3.

Cycle 3 record up to 16-7, but that will likely take a hit with the upcoming Venom and Nova crashes.
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1/0/2 lvl 90 miles

All ap / b p ap / r y dmg

Beat him on the fourth try. Kept losing my invis tile when sl had red on the board.

Token got me my 2nd venom green (2/0/1 now)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Four tries. First two unboosted, second two using +2 b/p, +2 all, +100% match damage.

The third try might have gotten it done except for "Surprise" not reverting to hide and seek until you use it. Which meant that after the horseshoe up Star-Lord's rear enabled him to cascade my invisibility tile away the first turn after I placed it, I needed more purple AP so I could Surprise and then hide again. Purple being one of his powers, you can guess about how well that went.

Fourth try, he cascaded my invisibility tile away and then reduced me to 204 health with another cascade, but I had enough purple saved up to use surprise and then hide again right away. Then went match damage attrition the rest of the way and got lucky when he matched off his purple CD tile.

Got a icon_falcon.pngredflag.png for my trouble. Me gusta.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try unboosted.
    2nd try with 1/1/3 level 115 Miles. Used +Damage purple/blue and +Damage All boosts.

Won a greenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png bringing her to 2/2/3.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    2nd try 5-1-4 lvl 120 w boosts beat it

greentile.png __ greentile.pngicon_hulkcho.png
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Four total attempts, which would've been three attempts if my finger didn't decide to play a trick on me and make the exact wrong swipe when I had SL on the ropes. 5/4/4 @ 94, +2 all, +2 r/y, +2 b/p, go invisible blah blah blah. One piece of advice I'll add is that in the beginning, if you get yellow out, you might want to match the web tiles to generate more purple for you. Once you're securely invisible and have a large pool of purple AP collected, then you can leave the web tiles out to prepare for a Surprise.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've done it with 1/0/1 lvl74 hp3995 Miles, 2nd try though
    Just boost purple and all color dmg
    Go into invisibility as soon as possible. Protect your invisible tile as long as you can..
    However, u can't do it without at least 1 purple cover
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it with my first try with my 4/4/5 level 140 Miles. No boosts were used. Starlord got off a few powers and then promptly matched away the CD every time. It was like he was acknowledging how much he sucks. icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No boosts, first try. 2/1/0 @70. Takes a little bit of luck, and quite a long time at 100-150 per match 3. But it can be done. I am certain that a 1/0/0 miles could win this fight.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected, my champed Miles had no problem with this. A few Venom Blasts, went invisible, and then... SUPPLIES! (I Always Yell that in my head when Miles comes a-swinging. I blame UHF.).
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I only had 2 red last time, so I didn't even attempt it. This time, my 2/1/3 level 70 Miles wasn't cutting it after the first couple attempts, so I brought him to his level 131 cap.

Second attempt got it done, no boosts.

I had finally decided to bring GSBW to 183 after getting her cover from CW progression to keep her moving even though my Nick Fury is 3/5/4 (I had tossed two or three of her covers by this point), so I already had a blue Nick in my queue.

Miles's token? You guessed it! RNG trolled me with a blueflag.pngicon_nickfury.png