Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: X-23

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
From the last thread a month ago:
jojeda654 wrote:
5/2/5. Yup, I've got more covers for her than I do for Teen Jean (10) and Iceman (9).

Surprisingly, Iceman is now at 13 covers. Don't quite remember how that happened, but I'm not complaining. JG is up to 11 now. X23 is still 5/2/5.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In the last battle my 2/1/1 (level 90) X-23 didn`t stand a chance. Since then I`ve pulled a red cover which took her to level 111 (2/2/1). But I still doubt that this cover increase my chances of winning.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected, easy win for my L141, 5/3/4 X-23 (no boosts!)

It looks like Elektra is 4/4/4 or so (per the dev's "it was one of the more challenging fights"). Only 4 shadow steps, only 770 damage for red, and no extra steal on purple with trap tiles. I don't remember if she was 5/5/5 before.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    In the last battle my 2/1/1 (level 90) X-23 didn`t stand a chance. Since then I`ve pulled a red cover which took her to level 111 (2/2/1). But I still doubt that this cover increase my chances of winning.
    Well, in the end it was one of my easiest "CotT". I made it with my first attempt using +100% all, +1 all and critboost. I got an extremely friendly board with a red match5 and a few cascades in the beginning which have dealt 4k damage to Elektra. Elektra's "Shadow Steps" were nearly neutralized by X-23's "Savage Healing". I finished her finally with 3x "Berserker Fury" (meanwhile I've accumulated 30 green AP).

I want to thank PeterGibbon for his awesome guide which has helped me a lot to win this battle!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Done on the 4th try with a 4/1/1 lvl. 111 X-23, no boosts. Didn't boost because I was mainly trying to see if it was possible after first 2 attempts at lvl. 70 were not too big losses. Try to avoid Elektra double casting purple, and try to keep healing as much as possible was my tactic, and try to match black once she gets Shadow Step out to get rid of that asap.

Now I have less than a day to figure out if I want to empty my vault for an Iceman green and another X-23 red, been saving up my Tacos for a long time now. Might just do it, but any advice is welcome (btw my Iceman is now at 1/3/2).
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/1/4 lvl 213 here. Just to make sure, I added a +2 g/bl, +2 p/b, and +2 all. The board also was nice enough to give me 3 critical matches in the first move! 4 turns and Elektra was down. Got my 3rd green Black Bolt in 2 weeks!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problems this time either. Got Captain Falcon from the token.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My level 135 1/1/4 X-23 actually won on my second attempt with little trouble thanks to a little cascade or two. Pulled a flipping Cho from the LT, but at least he's somewhat usable now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nearly did it first try unboosted with my 1/3/1, level 115 X-23. She beat it the last time around at the same build, so I thought I'd see if her healing would get her through without my having to use boosts. Almost worked. Elektra got a late red/black cascade that allowed her to cast her red and black the turn before I would have put her down.

Brought x5 match damage boosts to the rematch and cruised. Didn't need AP boosts at all.

Token yielded icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png . Which is maxed. Which is one of only 7 4* powers for which that is true.

Words cannot express my enthusiasm.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed X-23 didn't have any problems. Again.
    Elektra just sucks.

LT banked for the Sorcerer Supreme.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed X-23, no problem. Got a yellow Black Bolt, so once again I have all the 5*s.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed X-23 had no problems, especially with her being specced 5/5/3 and I got a 5* BW cover for my lack of troubles, so just BB needed now to again give me a full roster.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good news - I had no problems beating Elektra here. 4/2/5 X-23 at max possible level. She got off her Shadow Step once, but I concentrated on denying her red the entire match. She eventually matched the trap I set for her, and that was it.

Bad news - Rather than getting any of the possible five star characters, I pull an Awesome Hulk Black! He's now 5/1/5 for me. I sure hope that buff made him good...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried over two dozen times due to the 48 hr PVE sub requiring 0 health packs today. My Lv 94, 2/1/1 X-23 was just not up to the task. Never even got her below 10k hit points in any single attempt. I was probably a little unlucky, but it was always a long shot. Maybe next time around...
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Leveled my 3/2/0 X-23 to 127.

First match: Elektra creams me.

Second match: I brought boosts. Elektra got out Dance of Death early and I couldn't get rid of it.

Third match: A nailbiter. I controlled the board pretty well. Elektra brought out Dance of Death, but I matched it away. I unleashed three greens after collecting enough red. Then it was a race to the bottom. I was going to die on the next turn, but got a match four which cascaded, and Elektra went down. Yes! So excited!
    DFiPL wrote:
    Token yielded icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png . Which is maxed. Which is one of only 7 4* powers for which that is true.

Words cannot express my enthusiasm.

Then I opened my LT. 6th Ant Man Purple. My Ant Man is 5/3/3 -- so close! This LT? So useless. I have only 5 maxed 4* powers. And this is the fourth useless token recently.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time my 3/1/0 with boosts handled her on the first try. This time, X-23 was 4/1/1, so I brought her to my baseline of level 127 that I've been using for my crash 4*s.

Sixth attempt without boosts finally got it done. Each other time, she'd luck into 14 purple and steal her own strikes back that she gave me, or she'd luck into a mega-cascade that would let her cast all her powers, or she'd get enough black for shadow step over and over and overpower me eventually.

Finally got enough green/red to get her health under mine, and with Elektra at 29 HP and X-23 at 5,000, Elektra tosses a Shadow Step. By the time I finally had her tiles broken, X-23 had 1k remaining, but that's good enough!

purpleflag.pngicon_professorx.png from the token. He's 5/3/5 and no plans to level him yet since only Nick and Thor are champs, so I just sold it. No big loss; I got my 12th Hulkbuster cover from a 20 CP token right after, so I just shrugged this one off.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone else notice this got WAY easier? Last time my X-23 barely pulled it off, if Elektra got off even a single Black, or a Red that I couldn't immediately match, I basically automatically lost.

This time? She cast black three times, and there was a red going for three turns, and I still won (at almost full hp.)

They weren't kidding when they said they were making some of them easier, wow.