jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
3/3/5. Meanwhile, my Phoenix is 5/3/1.

MPQ, Y U NO GIMME JG!

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I`ve a score to settle with Moonstone since my 5/2/4 (level 140) Jean couldn`t win the last crash. JG is now a level 272-champion so I guess that I`ll get through this time.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Jean is 3/2/2 147. Just got a couple covers for her, so I haven't used her at all. What's the strategy for this fight? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time, my Jean was 111 3/2/1 and didn't have a shot. In what's become tradition for me, that Crash loss was immediately followed with an influx of covers for her, so now she's 5/3/2. Hopefully between that and any tweaks to the fight she'll have better luck this time.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Jean is 3/2/2 147. Just got a couple covers for her, so I haven't used her at all. What's the strategy for this fight? Any help would be appreciated.

Peter's guide should be your first stop for nearly every Crash! And my thread show be the second stop. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm curious to see how this one plays out this time around. It's one of the Crash fights that's supposed to be a bit easier now. I wasn't able to beat it last time, but hopefully I'll be able to do it this time with my 2/4/3 Jean. (especially after putting another 40K ISO into her)
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm curious to see how this one plays out this time around. It's one of the Crash fights that's supposed to be a bit easier now. I wasn't able to beat it last time, but hopefully I'll be able to do it this time with my 2/4/3 Jean. (especially after putting another 40K ISO into her)
    By "40K ISO" do you mean what I think you mean?!?

attack.pngattack.pngattack.png
    eh?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/1/3 Jean at lvl 131 not looking good. Should I even try, or keep the boosts?
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/3/4 lvl 209 Jean here. +2 green, +2 purp, +2 all. Pretty even fight until a lucky critical matche by Moonstone near the end of the battle (and only 5 match too grrr) allowed for some cheap hits for the win. Pulled my second 5* Purple Widow. I likes!
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    First try with my level 192 3/1/5 JG and boosted G/Bk, P/Bl and +2 all colors. Got close but lost with Moonstone at 3900 health. Next try hopefully ends better
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I`ve a score to settle with Moonstone since my 5/2/4 (level 140) Jean couldn`t win the last crash. JG is now a level 272-champion so I guess that I`ll get through this time.
    The score is settled! It was a tough match, Moonstone got me down to 1.3k but then I was able to cast 2x "Full of Surprises" and 2x "Mind Over Matter" which knocked her down finally.

RNGesus rewarded me with token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngblackflag.png which is my first cover for him. Awesome!
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same level Jean for me as the last time - 172 and only 1 green cover. Last time I think it took me between 7-10 tries - got it done the first time this time. It was close...was able trick her with the getting specials out, her control shifting them and boom flipping them for destruction. Got off 2 purples and GAME OVER MAN

Got a blackbolt greenflag.png for my troubles
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    3/3/5

MPQ, Y U NO GIMME JG!

MPQ heard my plea, and has given me 1 Teen Jean cover.

It was green.

Well played, MPQ.

It has been a while since I had to resort to boosts. Lost on my two vanilla attempts. Won with fully loaded damage boosts.

Holding on to the token. Tired of selling 4* covers.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/4/1 Level 152 (max). Already lost twice, seems like a waster of time and boosts to keep trying.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    First try no boosts with my 270 Jean. The match was pretty slow because as a lot of us know, Jean is slow one-on-one, but I just had to deny red and whittle away Moonie's health with MOMs and FOS's.

Got a purple Spider-Woman -- have all her covers now!
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Using a 5/2/1 lvl 158 am struggling even when i was burning hp to do 100% all damage boost and boosting b/p and g/b dmg. The closest I have some so far has been getting her down to 357. I think I am going to keep trying and will report back. So far I have gone after it at least 10 times, probably more.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    2/4/1 Level 152 (max). Already lost twice, seems like a waster of time and boosts to keep trying.

I also have a 2/4/1, level 152. I gave it two tries with no boosts, I'm going to try and some boosts, but I think it's doable. So far I've only lost because she managed to fire off both red and purple for damage to me.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my 4th try as I type this with 168 2/3/3. First few were with boosts. Haven't gotten her lower than 4k or so health.

The board has been remarkably dry to this point, and she keeps getting enough black to either force me to use my green so I don't take a shot to the teeth, or enough red to make it irrelevant even if I deny either.

I'd hoped that maybe this time she could win, but...not getting a good feeling here. I'm going to be making future attempts without boosts, since the first 3 *with* didn't get me appreciably close. There haven't been any crit opportunities for Moonstone to speak of, so 3 in that power has been worthless so far.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took my 3/3/2 Jean up to level 168 to try this one for the first time. +2 B/P, +50% B/P, +100% all dmg. Took Moonie down on the first try almost with match damage alone. It was a really red-starved board, so she did not manage a single photon blast. In fact, I never took any damage from Moonie's powers at all... not even Gravity Warp. She only used it one time, and she swapped one of my tiles with it.

When Moonie made the match to get enough purple for Gravity Warp, I used FoS. She warped, then stole my two attack tiles. I used MoM, cleared them, and by that point I was ahead. Just a few matches later, I could use FoS and MoM back to back, and one more match-3 finished her.

I didn't get any match-5 stuns, either. I made an L-shaped match-5, but that was it.

Got a 4* icon_ironman.pngblackflag.png ... that completed him for me. He was already level 250, so I sold my 2* Thor, champed Hulkbuster (4th 4*! Sweet!), and got my 7th 4pun cover out of the deal. Great match for me on all levels!
  • DFiPL
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    On my 4th try as I type this with 168 2/3/3. First few were with boosts. Haven't gotten her lower than 4k or so health.

The board has been remarkably dry to this point, and she keeps getting enough black to either force me to use my green so I don't take a shot to the teeth, or enough red to make it irrelevant even if I deny either.

I'd hoped that maybe this time she could win, but...not getting a good feeling here. I'm going to be making future attempts without boosts, since the first 3 *with* didn't get me appreciably close. There haven't been any crit opportunities for Moonstone to speak of, so 3 in that power has been worthless so far.

Ten tries, all failures so far. Out of health packs, so it'll be this evening before I can try again. The AP denial game hasn't mattered a whit. She isn't getting critical opportunities, and I've not been able to set them up for her, so my passive isn't getting much play - and on the rare occasion it DOES, she's still cascading her way to plenty of AP in her powers before I get to make my moves, so when she comes out of stun, she's ready to lay the lumber.

And my attempts to deny her AP are just resulting in more red dropping out of the sky for her to match off. I can deny purple all day, but the board is just forcefeeding her red and I can't do much with it. Maybe today's tacos will give me her vault cover, but I doubt it.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Maybe today's tacos will give me her vault cover, but I doubt it.

Nope. No joy. I'll give it a whirl again later tonight, possibly, but for now I'm out of health packs and have stuff to do. Good luck, all.