Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Sam Wilson

Options
13»

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5, 130, +2 red/yellow, 1 shot. Deny black above all else. Save your yellow and red till you can take her out. Red with 9 protect tiles on board hit her for 13.5k
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This crash annoys me to no end every time it comes around.. 172 5/1/2, 12 tries and I only won this time because I survived two punches and had those strike tiles boosted enough to kill her with one Divebomb.. Nuffle rewards me with a Starlord yellowflag.png
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    127 4/5/4. 15 tries and still death. A few matches went about 3 turns. My best try got me to 27 red before a cascade gave enough red/black to destroy me.

What a **** match. Pretty much total luck. Even Mr F is easier. I think Flaptain is the only one I haven't won yet. Definitely not dumping any ISO into him; my 8 other 4* with max covers still need ISO, and several take priority over this guy.

Maybe when my health packs regen I'll try again.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/4/3 level 200. I think I've tried something like fifteen times or so. At three red covers, I need to Dive bomb her twice, with shields. Gotten to either 25 red and enough yellow several times, or 28 red with zero yellow a couple times. Never both, other than the one time it happened right after she was gifted enough red and black from the sky to end the match before I could use them. So much for this being easier.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    First attempt and instantly won (lucky me?) Just denied black & red while collecting yellow and red myself, then waited 10 yellows on the board, used yellow power and right after red power --> Captain Marvel downed.

My Flaptain is level 130, 4/2/5, no boosts used
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lost twice with my level 152 2/4/2 with no boosts, went up to max level 168 with boosts and got it on the second try. +2 R/Y, +2 All, +50% match r/y
    Of course worked to deny black and red, and stack up red/yellow. She actually cast her red once and black once, but I got up to 28 red, each hit did about 4900, and that was that.

Token gave me the only four star I didn't have yet, so that's neat- icon_drax.pngblackflag.png
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm 5/3/1 and level 160. I don't see it happening. I think at least 2 in red is required. PeterGibbons316 must be a wizard.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/3/4, LVL 200...the amount of "your only move is to gift her black" and "once you have enough red for one dive bomb, all the red disappears" board layouts is unbelievably maddening...I've gotten this one done twice before so I know it's "possible" but it's not working out this time around...
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is just a reminder of how painfully overcosted his powers are.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    5/3/4, LVL 200...the amount of "your only move is to gift her black" and "once you have enough red for one dive bomb, all the red disappears" board layouts is unbelievably maddening...I've gotten this one done twice before so I know it's "possible" but it's not working out this time around...

Exactly. Finally able to beat her after about 20 tries, 3/4/3 level 200, using +60% all damage, and just lucked into not buffing her tiles enough to trigger Energy Absorption.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/2/3 and couldn't get it done with 20 attempts. Now almost out of boosts, got frustratingly close many times (28 red! ...8 yellow. 10 yellow and 25 red! only matches left give her red or black to win..)
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nabistay wrote:
    4/2/3 and couldn't get it done with 20 attempts. Now almost out of boosts, got frustratingly close many times (28 red! ...8 yellow. 10 yellow and 25 red! only matches left give her red or black to win..)

Dont forget she's able to match away the black strike title right after it resolves 99% of the time
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with 3/5/5 168 and no boosts, got knocked back to 3* land. Second try I added +2 all, +2 red/yellow, and the board was a lot better. However, once I got enough AP to Dive Bomb, I miscalculated the amount of health it'd take from Marvel and she survived with < 200 HP. Of course, she got lots of red and a black from my Dive Bomb, so I ended up with low-1000s health by the time I got unstunned.

Pulled a black XFW, another champ level.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm trying to save a Star-Lord cover from dying, so I didn't want to dump too much ISO on this one. Figured I'd level from 70 to 127 (my default for the Crash) and give it a shot for the first time.

Level 127, 5/4/2 Falcon. Used +2 R/Y, +50% R/Y, +100% all. First attempt was a miserable failure and left me feeling a deep, dark despair. Sam is everything Carol is not: Defensive and slow vs. offensive and fast.

Second attempt, she hit me with a Photonic Blast pretty early, but I gathered enough yellow and got somewhere between 8-10 protects out there. Her black does ~2600, but I survived it thanks to the protects with just under 400 HP left. I lucked into a massive red cascade (match 8) that took me from 23 to 30 AP. By that point, she was actually low enough anyway that a single Divebomb finished the job. I think it was an extremely lucky board, but hopefully this gives some hope to you guys. It helped that my protect tiles were 105 each and negated a TON of damage. Finished it with 354 life remaining.

redflag.pngicon_thor.png which gave me a 2500 iso8.png champ level. I'll take it.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally beat her with my 5/5/1. Barely. Had to use +2 All, +2 red/yellow, and +50% R/Y match damage. Had 1200 health left, and needed a double dive bomb to get it. Naturally, red was the last AP I had to reach 30... But it was enough. Very, very tough match, and had a good board, as I only got hit with one of each of her powers.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It baffles me why the devs have made this mode - for the most part - only beatable by people who have a well covered version of the featured character, instead of allowing everyone to have a shot like with The Big Enchilada.

Remove the LT, make it a cover of the featured like it should be and let us use a team. Give us some more 4* progression like we've been clamouring for ad infinitum icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone noticing HypersonIf Punch not leaving the strike tile when empty tiles are available? I swear it happened twice in one match- even checked that she had zero AP from it too.

I mean, it can help not setting off Energy Absorbtion every turn, but odd that it didn't seem to happen.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the heck of it, I looked at the 20 players I could view on my DDQ leaderboard to see what their Sam builds looked like, as a random sampling of players who beat this Crash. Here's what it looked like:
    281 3/5/5 (13) | 278 3/5/5 (13) | 278 3/5/5 (13) | 274 3/5/5 (13)
    275 3/5/5 (13) | 271 3/5/5 (13)| 217 5/5/2 (12) | 192 3/5/1 (9)
    188 2/4/3 (9) | 188 5/3/4 (12) | 188 2/4/3 (9) | 188 3/4/2 (9)
    182 3/5/5 (13) | 181 3/5/5 (13) | 166 3/5/4 (12) | 150 3/5/5 (13)
    145 3/5/5 (13) | 140 5/3/5 (13) | 140 3/5/5 (13) | 133 2/4/3 (9)
    Granted, this is far from "scientific", but in this pseudo-random sampling, all 20 players were L133 and up and had at least 9 covers. Almost all had at least 3 red covers. Maybe of interest to people still chipping away at it.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried over 20 times with my 5/3/2 Sam @145lvl, without success :/

It's so irritating that you cannot win with 10-covers character because everything depends on one skill (red) and you have only 2 covers for those...

I've only lost iso for levelling him and boosts.
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won the crash at 2nd or 3rd try with a lvl 131 and 1/2/3 with the covers Sam Wilson. Luckily, i have 3 red covers, with 10 yellow protection titles on the board, captain marvel was 2k health only after the first red power, the second red power killed her.

Got my fifth blacktile.pngicon_kingpin.png with the lt, bringing him to 5/2/3.