Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Professor X

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    11rileyj wrote:
    Any chance they re-run this after they patch it? If not, I may need to explore a refund for my VIP through the Play store.
    Sure they'll re-run it, in 40x5 days, when PX comes around again in the cycle.

We don't even have official acknowledgement yet that a lot of skills are broken, let alone a date when they will be fixed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Despite everyone mentioning that Invisibility is broken, this is the first time I've beat a Crash of the Titans on the first try!

My Professor X is Lvl 125 5/4/1 without AP or damage boosts.

The match started off with a 5-match which extremely helps! I focused on matching purple and red, there was not much black on the board, fortunately. I acquired 14 Purple and used his Invisibility. Of course she used her purple AND cascade matched my Invisibility tile. After her strike tiles, there was one purple tile remaining in the corner so I used the 2nd Invisibility. Every turn I tried to match 3 that would also match a second 3 so every turns the strike tiles are double pumping! She never used her red or black and she was dead within a few turns.

It's very doable with a decent covered Professor X and a good board (like any other 4* Crash of the Titans) but for those that only have a 0/1/0, this match is unlikely winnable until they fix Invisibility tiles.

Good luck everyone!
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RIP my 1/1/4 lvl 100 3600hp Prof, I hardly knew ye.

I can hardly fire my purple before I die to her red, which does 1200. And her black? 900.

I almost won on first try, got lucky with a bunch of match 5s and denied all AP by accident.
    Then she fired one black and I died in one turn.
    Since then, she's had enough red and black to fire both on turn two, every time, 9 games in a row.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WTH!! this is "WAS" one of my favorite CotT fights, now this is just pure stupid. The whole point of this fight is to strategically fight her while you are invisible. Without that this is just a lop sided fight. That sucks because now I won't be getting the LT for this round. I'm really trying not to break the forum rules here but **** I want to vent about this!!!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 165 5/4/4 PX. I wasn't expecting much trouble, and was confused at Elektra's Shadow Step damaging PX for 1000 a pop while invisible. Was down to 150 HP once Shadow Step expired, but by that time Elektra had also used Double Double Cross, and PX had strengthened those tiles so he was hitting for 3k a turn after that, and pulled out the win.

Reward: yet another dupe XFW. It's hard for me to believe LTs pulls are completely random when I consistently pull 2-3 of these every week, like clockwork. I've probably pulled 10 of these in the last month.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took 4 or 5 tries with my 166 5/4/4 px. When I finally won, the board was still flooded with red and black, so whenever she reached her AP thresholds I left out tiles to match the traps. She fired ballet twice, but never dealt damage since either she or I matched the trap away. Shadow Step came out with a black match on the board. She took out three of her traps immediately. Finally a double match-5 cascade brought her down.

Got my 13th Thing cover with the token.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Downed her with a 3/4/5 level 111 on the second try. +2 B/P AP, +50% B/P damage. You have to deny red and black hard, and Charlie is so squishy, you can't let her get a single one off until you can down her within a move or two. You also have to let her get Double Double Cross off at least once (preferably while invisible) to give you the strikes to fortify, or you're in for a slog that's bound to end poorly.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even my champed px wiped once on this fight. Just stupid that they let a bug like this ruin a crash.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love it, for ever I had 1/0/0 professor x so this clash was pointless. My I have 1/3/3 Professor x and he's still useless.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 280 champion PX took 3 attempts, the successful attempt survived with only 150 health remaining
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Got it done on the first attempt, level 127 5/3/5 Professor. No boosts. Only had 90 HP remaining at the end.

You absolutely have to hard deny red and black; my board was fairly forgiving in that regard. She got Ballet of Death off and hit me through invis with it once, but there were only 4 red tiles on the board with 3 near each other, so it was fairly easy to guess and match it away. Then she managed to cast Shadow Step on me, but I cleared most of those traps with a couple of black matches. It "only" hit me twice. Had 2 match-5s in the battle, and there was purple GALORE. She used Double Double Cross at least 3, maybe 4 times, and I used invisibility three times.

greenflag.pngicon_warmachine.png with the LT. He's 1/2/4 now... hooray?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FInally managed it on attempt 10 or so. with my L125 5/5/3

+2 all, +2 b/p, + 50% team up (ran out of b/p boosts)

attempts 5-8 were all characterised by me denying black and red successfully, allowing her to get off purple, casting my invisibility, then her cascading into 15 red & black while destroying my invisibility next turn. ugh.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Took me 12 or 13 attempts used all my b/p boosts both +1 and damage and alot of my all colours +1 and damage. Even than got lucky on my completed try. She matched away ballet and 3 of her shodow strikes and I finished under 100HP.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    160 5/3/5 took about 6 tries. She kept cascading into black.

Should change the name to MBQ - Marvel Bug Quest.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Should I expect the invisibility to be fixed before event is over or swept under the rug like so many other bugs and glitches?
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Unbelievable. I can't believe how incompetent they are to include a bug, and then have a Clash that highlights the bug. Not the first time I've seen this kind of idiocy either.

I upgraded my Prof X thinking I could get a token fairly easily (one of the few Clashes I can compete in) and now I have almost no chance, barring massive luck with Black & Red denial.

My phone is in mortal danger at this stage.
  • HeyoJayo
    Options
    3/4/1 172 PX..

Tried twice w/o boosts, and couldn't get any purpleflag.png

Boosted +2 purple/blue, +2 all ap. Turn 1, match purpleflag.png. Turn 2, go invis. From there, deny blackflag.png and set her up for purpleflag.png.

As soon as she fires double cross, finish her off with match damage.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CFacto wrote:
    Unbelievable. I can't believe how incompetent they are to include a bug, and then have a Clash that highlights the bug. Not the first time I've seen this kind of idiocy either.

I upgraded my Prof X thinking I could get a token fairly easily (one of the few Clashes I can compete in) and now I have almost no chance, barring massive luck with Black & Red denial.

My phone is in mortal danger at this stage.

That's what ticks me off, I level my PX specifically for this and now I wish I hadn't...what a waste of iso that could have used on a better 4 star.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/4/2 @ 94, took three tries, first couple without realizing that invisibility was broken. +2 purple, +2 all, +100% match damage, deny red and black and sort of let Elektra throw some knives to you was all it took.

And yet, the yellow Flaptain that was rewarded did not please me.
  • KROPPE
    KROPPE Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    One attempt:

Lucky board with 2 cascaded match-5s. I only had to deny 2000 health worth of black/red.