Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Thing

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Still at 12 covers since the last time this ran. Ah, well, he's not that exciting.

Previous Runs

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oddly enough this was one of the first Crashes I could complete due to quite a few Thing pulls early in my 4* transition. He's currently at 3/1/4, level 172, so I'm looking forward to completing this and the Prof X re-run for two LTs this cycle icon_mrgreen.gif

(I actually really like old Ben, probably because he's always been my fave FF member.)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is LVL 250 5/2/5, and I'm really hoping I can pull his yellow cover that's in my Deadpool Daily vault. Yesterday, I cashed in 40 Legendary tokens now that Dr Strange is in there, and I got four green covers for The Thing! Either get the Yellow cover, or earn 60 Command points in the 13 days before they expire...
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    that shouldn't be too difficult. in 13 days we will have at least two (maybe even 3) PVEs in which to earn 25 CP each. plus, alliance bonuses, champion rewards...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've never even been close to beating thing in previous runs but now I'm at level 172 5/2/2 so think I could win this one :O
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well I'm at 1/5/5 just bumped him to 100. Not sure how high I should go before I try it hoping 120 is enough.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Copps wrote:
    Well I'm at 1/5/5 just bumped him to 100. Not sure how high I should go before I try it hoping 120 is enough.
    I bring most of my characters to 127 for the Crash, and it's usually high enough even without boosts depending on the character/covers. My Thing is 3/2/3 127; I fully expect him to be able to take down Johnny without boosts in a few tries since the primary denial priority is red. Might be tougher with 1 red, but you can do it.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From last time:
    DFiPL wrote:

Two tries with 2/3/1, Level 130 Thing; the first was to see whether having half of his covers in a useless (in a solo fight!) passive was going to limit his ability to do enough damage to have a real shot at this.

The second try, I used 5x20% match damage, +2 R/Y, +2 all, and focused on red denial. Also got a lucky board which gave ME all the red and him NONE of the red.

This time: 5/3/3, level 180. Went in with no boosts, waltzed out with a token. icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png was the pull.

Johnny got off one Fireball, but otherwise it wasn't a good day for him.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Copps wrote:
    I bring most of my characters to 127 for the Crash, and it's usually high enough even without boosts depending on the character/covers. My Thing is 3/2/3 127; I fully expect him to be able to take down Johnny without boosts in a few tries since the primary denial priority is red. Might be tougher with 1 red, but you can do it.

I go 130+ for non-invisible characters, 125 for invisible (though I've leveled my Professor X some now that he has 5 in Master Plan). Invisible Woman and Professor X both won the crash their first time through at 125, and Miles Morales did it at 94.

I think Elektra might have been only 125 her first time through, but Shadow Step preventing damage is *almost* as useful as invisibility, as low-level Crashes go.

But in general if I have a decently covered 4* (defined as 'enough covers to reach level 130 AND have all three powers represented), 130 is enough for me to get it done. Everybody I have at 130+ has either won the Crash at least once, or reached 130+ after their most recent failure. For example, I think Hulkbuster, who is now 172 for me, was so low-level last time that I didn't even bother to try. He hasn't successfully completed a Crash yet, and I don't see a post in his most recent thread, so that's my guess, anyway.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nine attempts so far but my 2/4/0 (level 147) Thing doesn`t stand a chance against Human Torch. If this crash would have been five days later, I would have a chance to get through (PVE gives a green cover, PVP a red cover). My first failure in Cycle 4! icon_cry.gif
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did it with a 3/3/3 at lvl 188 with +2all, +2 g/b and +50% dmg r/y. Down at the second try, first try was impossible with several cascades for ht. Second was not excellent, thanks to the paralize on the red i could get a third red power to take him down before he got enough to do his red power.

I think i did also 1 or 2 green power. Thing isn't a damage hero, it's tough, thankfully ht shares red and green titles. Next time i will at least have a green cover more with the rocket pve event, it will be way easier.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try with +50% damage all, +50% dmg r/y

172 - 5/4/2, got a blackflag.pngicon_lukecage.png
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You guys must have the luck of the devil or I'm simply cursed, as my 3/3/1 Thing keeps getting stomped flat. I even spent some ISO leveling him up to 152 because I saw so many success stories that I figured I stood a decent chance. After 10+ tries, I'm giving up. If the AI isn't getting red, it's getting black, and it's been cascading me constantly this week; at one point, it was able to get enough AP to activate all three of his powers during the same turn. I won't complain too much, though, as I pulled a Yellow 5 Star Strange from the token I received from the Xavier Crash.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/2/4 lvl150 (+2 G/B, +50% R/Y, +50% G/B) cleared in probably 15 attempts based on how much ISO I spent on boosts, I lost count by the fifth. RNG seems to be dead set on trying to oppose me for this fight. Most of the time there were either multiple red matches available which I can't disrupt, or tile drops leading to red matches for the enemy. When that's not happening board is starved of red and filled with green for him to make multiple green matches to burn me to death. Even on the last match I was one red power away from dying, only won after I stunned him, making a match that allowed me to make a match 5, and said match 5 led to a red match 5 that dealt 1.8k damage. I didn't think my lvl150 would have so much trouble with this bugger.

I got a 5* Black Widow for the efforts though, so I guess that kind of balances it somewhat.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's championed Thing won first time, no problems, got a Gwenpool green from the token.

Wolveroach's 2/0/5 found it a little more difficult, I had to throw some ISO in, took him to 150, then boosted red, green, match damage, won second time with about 2k health left. Got a Cyclops yellow from the token, he's already level 200 5/3/5, will I have time to make him my first 4* champion...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 @ 152 took two tries, boosted +2 r/y, +2 g/b, +50% g/b. First attempt I never collected enough green or red to do anything, and I died slowly by Flame Jet. Second time went much better. Clobbered Johnny once, he got off an inferno, I managed to match away about half of his punch tiles, then I Yancied him which cascaded into a red match that let me Clobber him once more for the coup de grace.

Banking the LT until I have enough ISO to max a 4*.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even though my Thing is now fully covered (which sounds wrong), I was curious how this would go, since I had so much trouble with it previously:

- Cycle 2: 0/2/4 120 (no red), won after many tries, thanks a green-heavy board and some lucky match-5 crits at the end.
    - Cycle 3: at 1/3/4 133, admitted defeat after 20 tries. If you can't beat Torch fast enough, he inevitably cascades into enough red or green or black to win.

This time around, my 3/5/5 133 Thing lost on his first try, badly. Torch kept cascading into black, I didn't have any green to counter his Inferno tiles doing 2K a turn, and died quickly. Next few tries, couldn't stock up any green or red, and again died to a Fireball followed by an Inferno.

Finally, after finishing T5 in H Oscorp and getting a few Thing covers, respecced him to 133 4/4/5, extending his stun to 2 turns instead of 1. That instantly helped, as I was able to control the board better and coasted to a win.

(LT hoarded for now)
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hard match even for my champed Thing. Yellow useless, not enough green AP, early black activation from HT with some unmatchable attack tiles. Luckily HT mostly matched his own countdowns away and Thing was able to stun him twice. Out with less than 3k/18k health.

LT's from todays crashes gave me red covers for Red Hulk and Peggy, that's ok.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    150 5/2/5, won first try with red and green boosted along with red/yellow match damage.

blackflag.pngicon_blackbolt.png
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tougher than I thought this time; I couldn't even break Torch past halfway at level 127 unboosted. Took my 3/2/3 to 168, boosted +100% all, +50% r/y, +50% g/b.

He kept having his colors fall out of the sky, and none of Torch's powers are exactly weak. The winning attempt saw cascade heaven for me. Torch still managed to fire his black on his last move, but I still had over 6k health with my green and red waiting.

Between this and PX, got a 4* icon_wolverine.png champ level and a icon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.png ... not my preference as I'd rather get more covers for my nearly covered 4*s, but I'll take it.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/4/2 level 110 Thing had no problems. 2 all color, 2 R/Y, and 4 all color damage boosts used. 3rd try