Known Issue: Support's on the Battlefield (12/8/16)

Options
2»

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

With the release of the new v1.9 update today the team discovered a bug that they are addressing now. The issue is that when a Support is on the Battlefield, tapping on it should invoke the card, however it does not work. The fix will be in the next update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Sooooo... we are just playing this event broken? I can hardly contain my excitement or surprise.
  • rathedon
    rathedon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

With the release of the new v1.9 update today the team discovered a bug that they are addressing now. The issue is that when a Support is on the Battlefield, tapping on it should invoke the card, however it does not work. The fix will be in the next update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Sooooo... we are just playing this event broken? I can hardly contain my excitement or surprise.

Yea, now thats rough.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This bug is borderline game breaking. Please don't wait until the next update to fix. With all the new supports in kaladesh, we NEED to be able to see what support is what. Plus the clues not working completely breaks a lot of strong decks, severely impacting our collective ability to enjoy the game. Plus, I also agree the energized gems make it very difficult to determine which color they are, on top of accumulating on the board and greatly slowing the game down.
    There has to be at least one or two people in charge of playtesting/QA. Did they take the month off? Seriously, how is a bug that obvious not caught and corrected before release? No wonder we players have minimal respect for the devs. If any at all. Issues like this should never happen. Period. Get your stuff together devs. Don't wait two weeks to fix a game breaking bug and further add to the air of incompetence and indifference that surrounds this game. Please.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    would you consider drawing volunteers from the pool of players here to do testing for each patch?

I imagine it's not hard to assign a seperate account for volunteers to do testing for you, and that there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Just don't make the mistake of giving extra benefits for being a volunteer because that will just lead to more complaints.

Aye, you really should have some beta testers for you that will actually find the bugs... If you are worried about leaks, just get them to sign NDAs and if they break them then their main accounts get deleted.
  • Viszeron
    Viszeron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    I'm actually quite surprised this made it past QA. All you have to do is start a match, and immediately notice that you can't click on Supports. Unless, of course, the QA phase was skipped, then it's not surprising at all.

QA... Right. This is a rush-it-into-Prod without testing failure, as always.
  • Viszeron
    Viszeron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lil1's second ability is not working either. Destroying the activated gems is not executing the ability :/
  • randomRolle
    Options
    Viszeron wrote:
    Lil1's second ability is not working either. Destroying the activated gems is not executing the ability :/

And this has been the case forever, and reported numerous times. Yet neither fix or even acknowledgement.

Tbh, this game could be great. Its the devs skill thats keeping it back. And some dubious pricing (most likely set by the publisher.)
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've just checked, in story mode grave mist still works as before.

HH
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "grave mist still works as before."

Wait, does that mean broken? or not broken?
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Is there a timeline for any of the fixes for the issues being brought to your attention devs?
    Im having a very hard time maintaining interest in this game because the bugs and balance are making it unplayable icon_e_sad.gif

Communicate better with us please.
  • Cwest79
    Cwest79 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am just curious as to how you all,
    YOUR ONLY JOB, Manage to Break what wasn't Broken?
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dear Brigby, Lakestone, D3's receptionist, or really just anybody capable of communicating with us:

What's the timeline on this update, then? Many players (myself included) consider this a critical bug. It probably requires a client patch, but it really should have come out by now. There are some supports in the Kaladesh set that require careful play in the form of board or hand management. We need to know when these supports are in play.

Please.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Dear Brigby, Lakestone, D3's receptionist, or really just anybody capable of communicating with us:

What's the timeline on this update, then? Many players (myself included) consider this a critical bug. It probably requires a client patch, but it really should have come out by now. There are some supports in the Kaladesh set that require careful play in the form of board or hand management. We need to know when these supports are in play.

Please.

The fix will require a patch update for the fix and the next update is scheduled for early next week. If we can get it out sooner, we will let you know.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    The fix will require a patch update for the fix and the next update is scheduled for early next week. If we can get it out sooner, we will let you know.
    Thank you for the response. Obviously delays/blockers are always a possibility, but having a general idea will absolutely put a number of on-edge players at ease.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    octal9 wrote:

Please.

Good to know. More people should see this