Options
2»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    drag0n41 wrote:
    I used champed icon_drax.png , +2 r/y, 50% b/g, 50%b/p. Fired redflag.png once early and blackflag.png late to kill him easily. Received icon_blade.pngredflag.png from Purple Reign token

Was curious if anyone could do it with him. The Destroyer can retire, his family is avenged!

He was pretty easy with my champed Drax, presumably he would be trickier on a red-starved board where you end up taking him below the double damage threshold since he will have longer to fire his powers.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with my champed Star-Lord, no boosts. I denied green and purple while also collecting red until I had enough to do at least one Sucker Punch, then let him get green to trigger a CD for me. Then, I had enough purple to lay down 4 Sleight of Hands, and enough red to pop him twice. End of story.

Reward was another level on my champed Ghost Rider.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    First tried with a 165 5/3/5 Star-Lord. He got stomped.

Then tried with my 203 3/5/5 RGroot. One-shotted it, zero boosts, zero trouble. Denied purple, fired off one blue and one green, had a mountain of health left at the end.

reward: purpleflag.pngmedusa_icon.png (now 2/3/4)

Kinda looking forward to a few days of these. Having a few choices to go with is cool.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time win here as well with my lv 186 icon_rocket.png at 3/5/5 unboosted. Got my blue strikes out early which really helped to whittle him down.
    You can use Grocket's green when Thanos' purple CD is out, it still does damage even though it doesn't blow up tiles. This can actually be kind of helpful if you have blue strike tiles in the middle of the board that would normally get destroyed.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed it first try with a Champed Star Lord. I didn't think it would work, but I tried to overwrite his purple countdown tile with one of my own. The ability activated, and I was able to choose tiles on the board...but then it told me that Thanos's Infinite Power is preventing me from changing the board. That also prevented Star Lord's yellow tile from coming out to make Star Lord's abilities cheaper, which hadn't even occurred to me.

I ended up with another level on my champed 4-star Cyclops; He's getting a good workout in the Galactus Hungers event!
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 185 R&G, no boosts, 1st try.

Almost thought I was a gonner, but sprang back to life with a yellow match and a billion team ups at the last minutes and then made tons of blue matches.

What did I win for my suffering.... my 700th Peggy yellow (AKA 1000 iso)
    icon_e_sad.gif
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Level 147 Drax 3/2/2 with +2 all and 100% more match damage. First try, it was impossible without boosts due to Thanos' match damage.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My level 177 Groot breezed through on the first try- used blue once and Thanos died from match damage four turns later. I even whiffed a green. Never got low enough for my healing to trigger.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost with Star-Lord and Drax, didn't even bother trying my unchamped and way underleveled Grocket

edit: Tried also Grocket without success