5* DDQ: Thanos vs Inhuman ladies

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Because no Black Bolt.

Attempting this with lv191 Kamala, also have a lv168 4/5/4 Quake in the wings

EDIT: took two tries with Kamala, no boosts. First match, Thanos kept cascading into purple and green. Second match, i managed to Embiggened Bash him thrice

Token = my 18th Elektra cover. I also got Elektra on the first day. Seriously?

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Newly champed Quake did the job for me, though only about 400 health left at the end.
    Gather green and blue, deny purple, destroy purple, Smash with green and get the best matches. He got purple out once, but took it out immediately with a match 4.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 attempts with Ms Marvel. Used critical boosts to help on her purple.

Token netted me HB black. Champ level.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As with BlackBoltRocks above, it took two tries with Kamala Khan. I got the cover from the event before the second time, just to give her that little extra boost. It helped (along with +2 Green, +2 Purple, and +50% Green Damage) as I ended the match with about 400 health left. I was sitting at 11 green and 7 purple for several turns until I finally got the last match I needed to Embiggened Bash him.

If you haven't done so already, re-spec KK to 3/5/5, since you have no team members to activate her healing ability.

Token gave me 1000 ISO, as it was Red Spider Gwen #6. Can't win them all, I guess. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Failed first two tries with KK 172. Third go passed with Quake 229 2/5/4 b+p/g+be boosted and 50% g+be damage.

Got a green 5* Thanos so now have a 1/1/1 Thanos.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, my Quake and Medusa at 4 and 2 covers, respectively, were a no-go. Byt my KK is champed at 181. Got it in one try, no boosts used, but it was very close (KK had about 500 health left). Good thing I remembered to respec her yellow down to 3 since in a 1 on 1 match it's useless.
  • Nomad400
    Nomad400 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won on the first try with a 170 KK. Respeced as recommended by sambrookjm, and boosted +50% critical damage and +20% match damage. Got a couple crits using her purple, a couple other crits and Bashed him twice. He never got either of his powers off.

Got my first Teen Jean from the token!
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    died 6 times, before entering 7th time, I requested TUs for Quake and Medusa from alliance, obtain icon_quake.pnggreenflag.png & medusa_icon.pngpurpleflag.png and using blacktile.png / greentile.png boost

Bash him, used icon_quake.pnggreenflag.png, a purple matches for KK's purpleflag.png, used medusa_icon.pngpurpleflag.png to heal KK's health to 734, select blue tiles to convert to green, and final bash to victory

got icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    Done on 3rd attempt with KK.

Got a redflag.pngicon_blade.png
    0/3 with Thanos.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on 2nd attempt with a champed 3/5/5 KK.

As others have mentioned, respec if you can since her heal doesn't work on this fight. My first attempt, damage seemed a little slow to keep up with Thanos, so I used some +damage% boosts the second time and that got me over the hump.

I imagine this would be even easier with a well-covered Quake with 10k+ health, but mine's only 133, so KK worked just fine.

Reward: yellowflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png Flaptain #13 (woo!), now 4/4/5, and my 28th max-covered 4*.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    medusa_icon.png was out of the question since I only have one cover for her.

icon_quake.png isn't high level enough at 131 & it's soft capped at that level, so it resulted me to my championed icon_kamalakhan.png in which I struggled to get enough purpletile.png & greentile.png matches even though I equipped +2 on them & match damage. Barely scraped it through on my only try. Admittedly most challenging one out of the 3 (Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men) yet.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Definitely the hardest one so far. Medusa and quake weren't viable for me as well, so Kamala was the only option, and only one attacking skill (which to make it worse is AOE) made it a pure test of endurance and luck. Managed it 6th try or so only with boosts.

Got a Mr Fantastic yellow for the effort which I could use. I guess it could be worse since I'm increasingly accumulating unmaxed characters with maxed out covers.
  • TheIncredibleClick
    TheIncredibleClick Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    0 for 7 with a level 172 Kamala Khan, respecced to 3/5/5, with full boosts. Thanos gets cascade after cascade in all three of his colors every time. **** this battle.
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    KK at 183, crit boost 100%match, and 2+ all, took 3 tries, got a Fury Blue for a champ level.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3rd try with 193 3/5/5 KK. Added some AP boosts, ended battle with 63 health. Got an Iceman Green, bringing him to 3/12/2 (not a typo).
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    0 for 7 with a level 172 Kamala Khan, respecced to 3/5/5, with full boosts. Thanos gets cascade after cascade in all three of his colors every time. **** this battle.

This. Every game Thanos gets a constant stream of purple matches from off the screen. So much ****.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected, this matchup was more of a challenge than the previous two runs, although not as much as I feared. I used my 205 KK: on my first attempted, I boosted the barely useful +125% critical boost, +2 all, +2 p/b, but couldn't get enough green to Embiggen Thanos more than twice. In my second (and successful) attempt, I equipped an ultimately useless Quake TU, and +2 all and +2 g/b. I never did use the TU, since I got at least 3 Embiggens out to take Thanos down.

For which I received... a black Thanos!
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Either I'm bad at Kamala 1v1 or I'm having some bad luck, but either way I'm 6 tries in with my lvl 193 and I'm only getting Thanos down to 5k at best.

If Thanos gets his purple down, I can't use purple, and he matches me for a bunch of damage. It takes like, 4 greens to kill him, and I'm just not quite getting 48 green before he either gets his purple or green off.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took two tries. 182 Kamala with max All Damage, G/B damage, and Crit boosts. It was close (666 health remaining). It was the crit boosts that did him in as I got six match 5s.

Reign token gave me icon_miles.pngredflag.png
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Third Try KK Level 181 100% GR/BL, BL/PU 50%

Got a Black Thanos icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheIncredibleClick
    TheIncredibleClick Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    16 tries later, I finally beat it. Good call on the Critical Boost, that finally made the difference for me. For my winning battle I had that, +2 All, and 60% Match Damage. I was able to make 3 corner 5 matches, while Thanos made two critical matches and three cascade pink matches. The only reason I won is because he matched away his green countdown tile immediately after placing it. I ended the fight with 223 hit points remaining. Brutal. So victory *is* possible, but Thanos is amazingly fortunate with his tile drops and placement, considering he and KK both need pink and green.

Got a blue War Machine for my trouble.