5* DDQ: Thanos vs bad guys

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Day 3!

Took me two tries with lv188 5/3/5 Dr Doom, no boosts. The first time Thanos cascaded into a couple of match-5s after laying down Infinite Power. The second time i got off a Diabolical Plot, before wearing him down with Summon Demons

Token = icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png to make her 2/1/2

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed first time with my champed Kingpin, no boosts. He never even got a power off.

Token landed me a icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.png, bringing him to 3/2/1

Still no Thano5. icon_e_sad.gif
  • thanos8587
    Options
    carnage for me. at least he has some use.

just another champ level like all my other tokens. maybe tomorrow. id sure like hulkbuster or even antman. cap would be a tad slow.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat this first try with champed Doom (193). It was close, as Doom doesn't do overwhelming damage, but I didn't need overwhelming luck, either. Doom has enough health that you should eventually be able to fire his abilities a few times and survive a shot or two from Thanos.

(Reward: dupe Venom)
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    beat him on the second attempt with my 180 Doom, summon demons took him down to ~10k then I finished him off with his purple and the token landed me a Mary Jane teenage kicks :-/

still no thanos T-T
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    won first try with my L153 Dr. Doom 5/2/5, nuked him with my spread out traps

Got icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Kingpin with no problems at all. I did have to wait until Thanos's Infinite Power tile went off before he could summon his Maggia goons. Three Finger Pokes of Death later, Thanos goes down. Token got me a Red Medusa, bringing her to 0/2/1.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beaten with Lv 171 Doctor Doom with +2 b/p. A lot easier than with Inhumans. Got a purple Gwenpool, now 3/0/0.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't too hard with 272 5/3/5 Carnage, got it on first try without boosts. Four Symbiote Scythes took care of Thanos, an I had about 5000 health left. Neat thing is that when Thanos's purple was out, Alien Instincts didn't kick in. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Got a black Moon Knight that I can't use. :\
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An interesting quirk of Thanos' Purple: When facing against him with Dr. Doom, while it will prevent new traps from being created, it also prevents the existing ones from being destroyed either.

Didin't get a chance to play with it due to a really bad cascade killing me, but that might be exploited to use Diabolical Plot multiple times in a row for Maximum damage.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    An interesting quirk of Thanos' Purple: When facing against him with Dr. Doom, while it will prevent new traps from being created, it also prevents the existing ones from being destroyed either.

Didin't get a chance to play with it due to a really bad cascade killing me, but that might be exploited to use Diabolical Plot multiple times in a row for Maximum damage.

I could see that coming even more in handy with Elektra's Shadow Step.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will it just leave the trap tile in place as if it was fortified?

Anyway, my champed Doom took care of Thanos in 2 attempts. The first go was really unremarkable, just denying green and purple while gathering AP, until 2 consecutive turns with crazy skyfall cascades chewed off about 8K of Doom's health. I was just staring at the screen like... '****..?'. Second attempt I was able to fire Doom's traps for about 10K of damage, and Summon Demons took care of the remaining HP.

Brought a Fisk Defense TU just in case, but didn't need it.

Reward: a duplicate green cover for my 5/5/2 Ghost Rider icon_e_sad.gif.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:

Reward: a duplicate green cover for my 5/5/2 Ghost Rider icon_e_sad.gif.

I know that feeling my Ghost Rider has been 5/4/2 for nearly 8 months, pulled a red this week and reached 900 in Naughty Nice PVP to earn that blackflag.png cover. Had to sell at least 6 or 7 duplicate green covers. And still trying to find that same luck for icon_redhulk.png 5/5/2 along with selling off a bunch of dup greens.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it first try with 5/3/5 Doom, level 120. B/P, G/B, and all damage 100% boosts used. Admittedly, a lucky board. Started with a few match fives, then laid down SD and denied green and purple. Ended with 357 Health.

Thanos green from token, so 0/2/1 now icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Made this with first attempt with champed Dr Doom around 4000 health left after battle and Thanos didn't fire any of his powers.