5* DDQ: Thanos vs Avengers (right?)

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Final day!

I have a lv274 Thorrina and lv271 Hulkbuster, so shouldnt be a problem

EDIT: yup Thorrina did it first try, no boosts. There was a total dearth of red and blue on the board, but i finally managed to down Thanos with Smite after two Power Surges

Token = icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png. Seriously? After giving me his black on the second day? Well i guess i could respec my 4/4/5 Reed...

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Hulkbuster with the mega punch of doom for the win. Enjoy meeting your Mistress, Thanos.
    blackflag.png :thanos: from the token. Yay! I was starting to feel left out
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would been too easy with my champed HB or Thor so used Steve instead which also dealt nicely once got stun-lock rolling
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ran my L140 Steve Rogers 4/5/2, board fill with reds/blues and yellows, easy victory!

got a icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png
  • TheIncredibleClick
    TheIncredibleClick Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Managed this on my third try with a 179 Steve Rogers at 3/5/5, no boosts. Stun locking is key, though the endless pink cascades made getting there difficult. I ended the battle with 223 hit points remaining.

Got a blue Cyclops for my trouble.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1st try with unboosted champ IMHB. Got an unusable Thoress (I have her 3/3/5).

Reminder Tip for those without champ 4* - you can use team-ups from the other characters allowed in the event.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to take my 4/2/5 level 170 Thoress for a spin. I have a champed Steve, but with 5 covers in blue (for max stun+charged tile gen) and 4 in red (for decent damage) I thought Thoress could pull it off. Did it in one attempt without boosts, although I did struggle a bit due to bad board RNG. Still, Thanos only got off one purple, without doing much harm.

Got a blue Hulkbuster cover for my efforts, making him 5/3/2.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought yesterday with champ Kingpin was easy. Thanos had no chance vs champ Hulkbuster, i did more self damage than Thanos did to me
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was a welcome fight; it was great to reminisce about how good of a character Lazy Cap was. He's so versatile even though he's basically just 2 skills. And the AP return of his shield bouncing back fits his theme perfectly.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Used a champed Th4r, got an awful board with virtually zero red or blue, Thanos hit me with multiple purple and green attacks, and I still was never in much danger. Once I (finally) got enough blue to stun him, that was pretty much it.

(Reward: blue Kate I can't use. 1000 ISO.)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used my champed IMHB, but the AI did a good job of denying me black. OTOH I did get 28 red AP.

Got a red Elektra. icon_evil.gif
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled it off with a Lv 180 4/2/4 Hulkbuster. My champed Steve would have probably been easier, but I wanted 1v1 practice with IMHB before his crash came around.

Got a purple Thanos, so it's been a great 5 days for me in this special event...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    Pulled it off with a Lv 180 4/2/4 Hulkbuster. My champed Steve would have probably been easier, but I wanted 1v1 practice with IMHB before his crash came around.

Got a purple Thanos, so it's been a great 5 days for me in this special event...

lol practice with IMHB? Just collect as much red and unload at once (and if you have the black, use that to enhance your punch and add to your red).