MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2017 Edition *Updated (1/24/17)

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    Noobulator wrote:
    Yeah, Red Hulk is boosted again. Why not just have him permanently boosted?
    Well, he's buffed for one PVP event only. Off-Season events usually have their own list of buffed characters.

It's still the 3rd or 4th time in a pretty short period, regardless of the circumstances.

He was boosted for Naughty or Nice and I think had a PvE essential in there also, so might feel like a lot, but he's not in the weekly boost any more than normal.

Not since 11-3, and before that not since 9/1. Same cycle as most characters.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43012
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Philly79 wrote:
    Would be great if a RED could give us an update on this r117 bug that is making ap costs go crazy...
    We just posted an update regarding that issue here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56765

Also...
    *(1/3/17) Brigby - Added link to article on new Captain Marvel
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Brigby wrote:
    Apologies. We usually post the lineup several days ahead of time, here in this Sneak Peek, but due to the holiday break we were unable to provide that information ahead of time for today's DDQ.

Any chance we could know if we should expect the schedule to continue as normal? (i.e. continuing to Star-Lord/MK(?)/Punisher next). Or will it cycle back to the ones that were skipped?

Also, it just hit me that we may have skipped to Ghost Rider since Agents of Shield comes back in a week.
  • Brigby
    I spoke with the developers, and the reason War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman were skipped is because of the following line listed in the Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments article:
    There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck).
    In this case, War Machine (James Rhodes), Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) have not been featured at least twice in a Story Event, and that's why they decided to go with Ghost Rider instead.

Hope this helps!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    I spoke with the developers, and the reason War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman were skipped is because of the following line listed in the Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments article:
    There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck).
    In this case, War Machine (James Rhodes), Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) have not been featured at least twice in a Story Event, and that's why they decided to go with Ghost Rider instead.

Hope this helps!

I appreciate that explanation. While I won't take it as Black letter law, having a char. feature 2 in a pve before having a crash is pretty reasonable move.

Can we use that guideline for personal roster planning purposes?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Hope this helps!

I bolded the really useful information. It's one thing to let us know what's going on, but letting us know WHY makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to adapt to, so thanks for that.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we expecte Moonknight to be omitted then since he's 2 rotations after Ghost Rider?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Hope this helps!
    I don't think we ever received clarification what the red section actually meant. This communication is appreciated. War Machine in particular was released in May and we have had plenty of time to build ours, but I appreciate knowing where the line is drawn.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Brigby wrote:
    , understanding it was Holidays, but for the the future, need about 10 days notice, because leveling 4 stars costs about 200k+; and takes about 6-10 days. So need the extra time/warning to put ISO in the right characters. Thanks.

Brigby wrote:

Hope this helps!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    understanding it was Holidays, but for the the future, need about 10 days notice, because leveling 4 stars costs about 200k+; and takes about 6-10 days. So need the extra time/warning to put ISO in the right characters. Thanks.

You know that you don't need a maxed character to win a Crash right? Most Crashes can be won with a 130-150 level 4*.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    i guess this then begs the question, why hasn't WM been featured in more than 1 event since MAY???

talk about criminal under-usage...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad I didn't sink any iso in my Wasp in anticipation of her crash...and pleased they are skiing WM and SW too. Works for me.

I'm wondering if we can expect the same for Moon Knight too.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Dangit, I was looking forward to using my recently champed War Machine and Moon Knight. At the same time, I was not looking forward to using my far underleveled but well covered Wasp and Spiderwoman, so I guess it evens out.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    smkspy wrote:
    Glad I didn't sink any iso in my Wasp in anticipation of her crash...and pleased they are skiing WM and SW too. Works for me.

I'm wondering if we can expect the same for Moon Knight too.
    I believe Moon Knight has been the essential in 2 PvE events.
    Heroic after his release event and The Hulk recently.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Based off my fuzzy recollection, that means we should look forward to

Ghost Rider - 1/7/2017
    Star-Lord - 1/12/2017
    Moon Knight - 1/17/2017
    Punisher - 1/22/2017
    Mr. Fantastic - 1/27/2017
    Nova - 2/1/2017
    Ant-Man - 2/6/2017
    Miles - 2/11/2017
    Rulk - 2/16/2017
    Cho - 2/21/2017
    XFDP - 2/26/2017
    Elektra - 3/3/2017
    Kingpin - 3/8/2017
    XFW - 3/13/2017

then back around to X-23.

I actually don't mind having leveled War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman to 172 "for nothing." Now when I get the inevitable 14th cover for them, I'm starting from a much better place than 70 in terms of total ISO to champion.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? The first off-season PVP event will be kicking off on Sunday night; it'd be nice to know what the two off-season events are before then. Would also be cool to know the next PVE after Deadpool vs. MPQ.

Thanks!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? The first off-season PVP event will be kicking off on Sunday night; it'd be nice to know what the two off-season events are before then. Would also be cool to know the next PVE after Deadpool vs. MPQ.

Thanks!

The next PvE is DA heroic. With Psylocke being the 3* reward for First Avenger I think the best bets are Women of Marvel or Children of the Atom.
  • Brigby
    *(1/6/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    *(1/6/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies

Combined Arms with IM40 broken - wow the timing - Demi really like to create chaos out of a mistake don't they
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Combined arms with bugged black widow and magneto should be interesting.