Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Ghost Rider

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed at 276. I liked this matchup with a buffed GR in the last Galactus Hungers run.

In case anyone was wondering why the other characters were skipped, here's the answer we got on the Discord chat.
When we first redid the crash cycle, we had an unwritten rule (which I guess is written now that I'm mentioning it) that a character wouldn't be put into the crash rotation until they had been featured twice in PVE, to give players enough time to earn covers for them. Medusa, War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman haven't been featured since their release events, so they're not in rotation yet, and it went to Ghost Rider.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't stand a chance with my 2/0/2 Ghost Rider the last time. Now he's 5/1/4 (I already had to sell two green covers) so I think this crash should be doable for me.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did it first go with no boosts with my LVL 150 4/2/4. Collected 12 blackflag.png early than with 43 health left unleashed penance stare and still needed one more match for the win.
    token_legendary.png = medusa_icon.pngyellowflag.png bringing her to 2/2/2
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I didn't stand a chance with my 2/0/2 Ghost Rider the last time. Now he's 5/1/4 (I already had to sell two green covers) so I think this crash should be doable for me.
    Like I mentioned before there was no problem for my level 172 GR beating Galactus. I did it on my first attempt using +1 Gr/B AP, + 1 AP for all, +10% Gr/B. I've been lucky to have a board full of green so I took the most of Galactus' health away with Burning Rubber and its Attack tiles. In the end I finished him off with a Penance Stare.

LT is stockpiled till season's end.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/2 GR, level 160. Used +2 green/black, +2 all, +125% crit boosts, won at first try. Not a really remarkable match, managed to prolong it long enough for GR's red to do some significant damage; and as it would by the time his black would finish off Galaktus, GR had taken about all countdowns he could with his HP.

Stockpiled the token until I get 4 more CP, so I can use 2 tokens and 75 CP for 5 Latest Legendaries.
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Levelled my 2/1/5 GR from 70 to 131 for this fight. Nailed Galactus on first try with +2b/g, +2r/y, +50% b/g dmg.

Gathered black and tried to match away his count downs while gathering red & green. Took me 2 greens, 2 reds, and finally hitting him with a black (2x 5K ish dmg) to finish him off. I had about 1800 HP left, hardest thing was balancing taking just enough damage for GR black.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/4 and 130 last time.

5/3/5 and 271 this time. Didn't need boosts either time, but finished this fight with 7k or so health left vs 1k last time.

icon_iceman.pngpurpleflag.png to raise him to 1/5/4.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: struggled with a 133 3/4/1 GR but finally beat it. This time: champed GR cruised to an easy one-shot win.

Reward: greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png (already max covered, so 1000 ISO)
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/3/2 GR, leveled up to 150. Won on the first try without boosts. Fired red x2, green x1, let him take my health down to almost nothing & unleashed penance stare for the win. Pretty straightforward.

Pulled Cyclops yellowflag.png .
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4/3/4 level 110 GR got it done on the 2nd try. 2 B/G, 2 all color, and 100% all damage boosts used. First board was starved of black so I didn't stand a chance. Second game I saved enough black for two penance stares but it only took one.

Thanos black from LT
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat him with the 3/2/5 Ghost Rider, but it was way closer than it should have been. The turn after I got enough black for a Penance Stare, Galactus got a very good cascade to knock my character down to about 1100 health. That just made the Penance State that much worse...but at that point, it was overkill.

Got my first purple Moon Knight cover, bringing him up to 3/1/2
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did it the first time, +2 all colors, +2 red + yellow, and +2 green and black. Needed two penance stares.

Got blueflag.pngicon_katebishop.png, first one of that.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Needed two tries to beat him with my 1/4/1 Lv135 GR

token_event.png = icon_drax.pngredflag.png, taking him to 0/2/1, so jay, I guess?!
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Done with my 2/3/3@lvl111 ghost rider, no boosts. Was a very lucky as most of the CD tiles were easily matched as soon as they appeared (there were only 2 that went off in the entire match). Just for fun didn't use the Black power (ended the match with 30AP), and ended with about 4k Health (down from 6500).
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/1/4 lvl 140, no boosts, made in 1st try. That was easy. Got 5th green cover.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try unboosted with 3/5/5 274. The board was mostly devoid of black for the entire match, but there was enough red for me to the fire that twice, which is what took down the big G.

Got an unusuable purple Winter Soldier.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won 4th try with my 1/3/1 level 115. It was definitely challenging because my low health pool did not allow me to charge penance stare very much. On the winning run I used +2 all and +2 b/g AP boosts. Really, it came down to luck and careful matching to clear as many of his CD tiles as possible. Got a red off early and then some match five cascades got me a ton of black. Used green and red when I could, waited until I was down to maybe 2k health and then used penance stare twice to win.

Reward was a icon_wintersoldier.pngblueflag.png , taking him to 2/3/2.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1st try with champed unboosted GR at 5/3/5. Pulled a blackflag.pnghotdog.png which I can use.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Didn't have a chance with lvl 94 GR with just one blacktile.png
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 5/1/1 Ghost Rider pulled this off, I expected it to be tougher, but I guess that's the result of just battling too many final round Galactus in the past.

Slowly piled up the damage effects, fired a black for about 3k, and did it on first try with no boosts. Galactus just takes too long to ramp up, I'm sure some lower level/cover ones could do this too.