Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Mr. Fantastic

Options

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a 3/5/5 and then 4/5/5 L110 mrf for a long time. This is still the only crash I have never won. I now have him champed and at 5/3/5 so I am hoping that's enough but even champed I feel it is a crapshoot.

My MrF is L278 now. Even boosting it took 4 ties to beat Doom. If ever a character needed a buff it's mrf. Demiurge, make it happen!
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    4/2/4, LVL 209...this is utterly ridiculous...every board is either blue/black starved, or I get forced into matching my protect tiles (only available move) to set him up for purple match-4s... icon_lol.gif

I clearly should have posted after the 3rd...or 4th...or 5th...or (I lost count) loss because the first attempt after posting I get a beyond perfect board and had him stun locked for most of the match, all he got off was summon demons (and I matched away two of those with two imaginaut tiles out) and I finished with over 10K health.

icon_wolverine.png XF blackflag.png with the token_legendary.png (champ level), though I did get 1000 heropointsbig.png with one of the tacos...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 140 5/2/5 Mr. F, took me 3 tries but I managed to get a match where I could take away all his colors and stun him.
    Cascades with Imaginaut probably won it for me. He did manage to get purple off once, left me with 3000 health icon_e_confused.gif

LT was a blueflag.pngdrstrange_icon.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • METT-T dependent
    METT-T dependent Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I beat Doom on the first try with Reed at 3/2/5 level 209. 40% boost all colors, +2 B/G, +2 all colors.

The board was heavy r/g/y while my imaginaut was out.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having to rely stricktly on match damage makes this the worst crash there is. Even championed with 5 black only does an extra 800 damage on red, green, yellow
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took 3 tries but I finally got him. Level 131 4/4/4.

First 2 times I got him to within 400 health and then he nuked me with his purple. Took every once of strength I had not to scream on the train. 3rd time I boosted max damage (100%), Max Critical Damage (125%), and all ap +2. Game plan was to get as much blue and black as possible while denying him purple. Had a good board early on and got a blue match 5 and I ended up with 13 blue and 7 black when the dust settled. After that I just tried to keep Imaginaut out as long as possible while stunning him whenever the board was in my favor. He must have launched his purple 3 times but only blew up at most 2 tiles each time thanks to me matching all the purple I could. At times I allowed him to match my protect and CD tiles to regain some health (Because let's face it, in this match you need all the health you can get). A late game critical involving a red match 5 with Imaginaut out got him to <1500 and I stunned him while making a green and then red match. The nightmare was over.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_iceman.png cover for the ordeal, bringing him to 5/2/3.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Four tries. First @ 4/3/5, level 130, went nowhere. Leveled him to 150, used +2 b/p, +2 all, +30% all boosts for second attempt.

Got him down to about 2100 health. Leveled to 170, used same boosts again for third attempt.

Horrible, horrible board. The less said about attempt #3, the better.

Tried again without further alterations since that wasn't really a fair field test. Fourth try got it done; admittedly, Doom matching off one of my protect tiles followed by a late yellow/green cascade for me after my second stun probably saved my bacon.

drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png from the legendary for my troubles. Thanks, Reed!
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 153, 4/2/3, 12 tries, no luck. I came really close, had him down to 600 health but summon demons took me out.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    level 170, 4/3/5, got it on my third try. First try no boosts, no luck. Didn't get to use a power. Second try with one boost, Doom got to use his black on his second turn, and even though I fired a blue, I still took too much damage per turn.
    Third try, with +2 blue ap, +2 black ap, and +50% blue damage match, I got the ball rolling. Got to fire multiple blues, got to setup the board during the two turn stun, got to fire black three times during fight (though only one lasted a few turns, the others all got matched instantly), Doom did fire a purple but it only did about 5k damage, late in fight he fired his black but I positioned him to match away some of my protect tiles to heal me.
    Ended with about 3300 hp, in a nice turn where after my black I got four red/green matches to happen in the same turn.

Got a champion level for Thoress.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After 15 attempts I decided to quit this crash. Even with several boosts my 2/3/2 Reed doesn't do enough damage to hazard Doom. Mr. Fantastic is an overall bad character!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png from the legendary for my troubles. Thanks, Reed!

blueflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png Here too. Weird.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 4 tries with my 3/4/5 level 229. Rebalance hopefully coming soon, now that this is passed.

LT gave redflag.pngicon_falcon.png
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/4/4 level 220. Won first attempt, no boosts, with a bad board. But it was daaaaammn close, I was one match away from losing.

Hoping for a MrF buff soon.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 276, first try unboosted. Don't yell at me, but I enjoyed this one since it requires more strategy than your typical "get enough AP to bash enemy" Crash. Doom got each of his powers off against me at least once (and his Diabolical Plot twice, the first time for 7K damage), but otherwise I played the deny game while prioritizing blue to stun him.

Banking the LT for Carol's inclusion.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled a Thing. Which is appropriate, I guess.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Got it 6th try. I had take my 5/3/3 Mr. F to 130 to get it done. This one was really annoying, Doom kept getting purple and black quickly but I finally got a good board and kept him stunned most of the fight. Finished with almost full health because there were lots of protect tiles for him to match. Used 2 all color, 50% R/Y damage, and 100% all color damage boosts.

Thanos black from LT, taking him to 5/2/2 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Not weird. Strange.

Obviously.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Not weird. Strange.

Obviously.

AWWWW DANG. I dropped the ball there.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i'm on my 19th try right now. Waiting for HP to regenerate. Its either i'm really dedicated to beating him, or really stupid for trying it this much. But i don't want to lose my win streak of beating all the Boss fights. Mine is 5/3/5 at 136. This donkey is not getting any of my ISO.

He lacks firepower, true firepower. Even Vision match damage is better than him. Actually vision is all around better than Mr. ****.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, I think I had some amazing... no, fantastic (bu-dum tsss... icon_rolleyes.gif ) luck today. First try (Mr.F at 2/5/5 lvl.128) was unsuccesful, but got Doom down to about half his health. Second try after levelling to 152 and adding +1 all AP, +2 black/green and +2 blue/purple: I got my blue protect tiles out pretty fast, and tried to deny Doom his purple at all costs. Got a first black out, got a few crits going in a lucky cascade on extra dmg colors which was nice. Got a second black out, but Doom got to do his blue/black combo... hurt me pretty good but I was still at half health or so, and can match some of his attack tiles away quickly. Next he matches a protect tile, BOOM! health for me... I cascade some more useful colors (extra dmg plus some more blue) get to put down some more protect tiles and now Doom is down to about 2.5k health I notice. I get to match more green/red/yellow and AI decides to match more protect tiles, so I end up winning with health fully restored and 1 Latest Legends token in my pocket.

Yes, all things considered it was a pretty good Crash for me. Knowing full well this is not going to happen a second time in six months or so, but I'll take it. (Yeah, more than 6 months before this runs again, please increase the Crashes frequency asap!)