Options
2»

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 115 - 3/1/1

First try lost: +2 r/y, +2 g/b + 50% r/y - Too much yellow
    2nd Try: +2 r/y,+ 50% r/y , + 100% all. K/Oed with a cascade of 4 red and a critical tile coming together.

But got GwenpoolIcon.PNGgreenflag.png I suppose it could have been worse.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    maxed (but not champed) 4 5 4, no boosts

piece of cake.

token_legendary.png = icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png to make her 2 1 2
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spent all 130+ of my tacos and made two 10x purchases to get the black Nova from my vault so that he could be 5/5/3 (though still level 94).

Anyway, first try vanilla, I did a bad job of denying both yellow and red. Second time, I boosted +2 all, +2 r/y, +150% crit boost (because why not). Shot the other Sam down easily.

Banking the LT for Carol's inclusion.
  • MyNameIsRed
    Options
    First go, no boosts for my lvl115 5/1/3 Nova. Played sub optimally as I don't use Nova enough to know how to use him but still got there with 140 odd health left.

Takes my token_legendary.png count to 7
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on 1st try on a come from behind win.
    Lvl 146 Nova 3/1/3, no boosts since I wanted to see how it would go on the first attempt.
    Ended with 361 health, thanks to a well timed rocket man that allowed me to gain one more black match to add just enough damage to take FalCap out.
    Got a purpleflag.pngThanos_Icon.png taking him to 3/1/0 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Nova is 2/1/5 level 120. I used R/Y +50% damage boosts, but didn't need them. If you deny yellow and the AI doesn't luck into it, this is definitely one of the easier Crashes. Got a black out early, then after hitting him with match damage for a while, a fortunate cascade got me more black and yellow, and he was dead quickly.

Reward was an Agent icon_venom.pngblackflag.png , so he's up to 1/3/1.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    My Rocketboy is 1/2/3, lvl 115. Is it worth taking him to his softcap of 131 and having a bash? Skipped it last go because I only had 1 cover.
    I just beat him with a 2/2/3 Nova at LVL 147. All told, my Nova took less than 3K damage; he started with 7701 health, and ended up with around 5000 or so. I used +2 Y/R and, +2 Black, and +50% yellow/red damage. Prioritize matching yellow, since his red is super expensive and doesn't do all that much damage without shields on the board. Just be aware that your yellow ability won't create any strike tiles, since you don't have any allies in the fight.

If you have the ISO, cap him off and give it a shot.

Did that and beat him second go icon_mrgreen.gif

Boosted +2R/Y, +50%R/Y, +100% all. Almost got him first try but then a tedious cascade gave him enough yellow for a Wings of Liberty and I just couldn't match them all away.

LT is banked 'til the end of Feb.
  • Dabrusky
    Dabrusky Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did it on my 1st try with 4/4/3 lvl 130 Nova, with +1 R/Y, +1all and all damage boosts.
    Saving LT.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4/5/3 level 209 Nova took care of business on the first try with no boosts as expected. Falcon fired Wings of Liberty once which was an annoyance, but after matching away most of the shields, I had tons of AP to launch him into the air and pew pew him into oblivion.

greenflag.pngicon_venom.png ... he's 5/4/4. I am disappoint.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Nova is 2/0/2 and after around five health packs I finally won with some very lucky matches. My 4* Luke Cage is very thankful for his third cover.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try with 2/0/3 lvl 127, no boosts, never in danger. Hoarding the token for now.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 139 5/1/0. Max damage, +2 r/y, +2 all.

Super easy. Barely took 2k damage.

Got a redflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png cover, bring her to 4/0/0 icon_e_sad.gif .

I'd rather have a 0/2/2 Peggy than 4/0/0.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Previously: cycle 2, had a 1/1/1 Nova, no chance. cycle 3 ... still 1/1/1. Ditto.

Now: 5/3/5 and champed @ lv 272, so this was a breeze. Black for some strike tiles, Rocket Man x2, easy peasy.

Reward: redflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png. Can't use yet since she's 5/1/5, but I expect to champ her in the next two weeks and that'll be my first champ cover for her.
  • Sykosonik
    Sykosonik Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It CAN be done without a red cover.

0/4/1, 131. +2 all, +50% r/y, +%40 match.

Denial of yellow and red is paramount. Get enough black to fire off Danger Zone at least once(ideally twice) before using Nova Blast to maximize its damage.

Pulled redflag.pngmedusa_icon.png who will be new to my roster.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Nova is 0/1/4 level 70. i can take him up to 134 but wondering if i have a realistic chance to beat him then.
    if not, rather save up the iso and skip it
  • syjourn
    syjourn Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    undrtaker wrote:
    My Nova is 0/1/4 level 70. i can take him up to 134 but wondering if i have a realistic chance to beat him then.
    if not, rather save up the iso and skip it

I bumped my 0/0/5 Nova up to 120, and it was one of the easiest clash wins I've had. I think you should be fine, especially if you boost black ap.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 7 tries but my 1/2/2 LVL 111 icon_nova.png managed it.
    Got him to 117 health on my 3rd attempt before he got off wings of liberty and killed me with match damage.

On attempt 7 I was using +2 redtile.png / yellowtile.png , +2 blacktile.png / greentile.png and +2 stockpile. I denied/ collected yellowtile.png and redtile.png like a mad man. Used blacktile.png whenever I had it and saved redtile.png for when I knew that after my move there would be a redtile.png / yellowtile.png match for icon_falcon.png. He did manage to get his yellowtile.png off once but was able to match the protect.png away within 3/4 moves. Got lucky at the end, he got 14 redtile.png but then I got a match 5 and a cascade to win.

token_legendary.png stockpiled until the start of next season.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/2/1 level 100 Nova got it done. Took a few tries because of bad boards.

LT stockpiled for BP
  • AmoryPaz
    Options
    2/1/3 - Level 131 won (luck) without boost...

LT wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png (now : 2/1/1 - still didn't remember why I didn't sell her...)