Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Ant-Man

Options
2»

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 229 - 5/2/4

Never really used Ant-Man before, and had no idea how Grow works. So I did my test round first, no boosts. Got a Purple out and that was taken her down a bit, she got a purple off too. I got a blue off and that was timing down. Then I got more purple and I she was down to 6K and some change and I press on the purple and POW ... Dead! (I am sure there is something that can tell you better how to use this, but I think it's a good idea to do two powers consecutively to get grow).

So not only that, but I got a icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png to make me 5/4/4 - off to champion.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    I believe Ant-Man was the first non-Devil Dino/Howard 4* I ever won the crash with (at worst, he was the second). Last time, he was 3/3/2 Lv 132, so now that he's 4/3/4 Lv 185 it shouldn't be too hard.

It took two tries with +50% B/P & +2 B/P AP. On the first try, a simple match three cascaded into 4 match-5's and set up two others for her. Ant-Man fell on turn 2 icon_eek.gif

The second try was more straight-forward. She got off her purple once, but I finished her off growing into a punch. The Legendary token gave blackflag.pngicon_wolverine.png x-force.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it on the first try with my 150 5/3/5. Boosted +2 R/Y, +2 B/P and 50% B/P damage.

She got off one green which I setup so I could steal her special tiles with STC. Fired Pym once and Ants twice.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed 272 Ant-Man, no boosts, eviscerated Teen Jean (still had 13K health when she went down with a "Grow" from Small Time Crooks).

Legendary was a Thanos_Icon.png so I've got a 0/1/0 5* to match the 2/3/1 3* now.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed 275 Ant-Man (specced to 5/3/5) did it first try, no boosts. Denied purple first of all, tried to deny green until I had enough blue to steal Jean's tiles. I was able to get a purple trap tile out midway through the match, and then got my strike tiles out, and then stole some more, so it went quickly after that.

Banked the LT. Still waiting for Carol!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Took me 11 tries to win last time around. I'm not going to have the ISO to level him past 140 since I'm trying to champion She-Thor right now, so...we'll have to see.
    I Think this was one of the fights that was supposed to get easier this time around. Looking at the Mr Fantastic Crash that may not mean much though.

Well, I mean, it took me 4 tries instead of 11, so..."easier"? I guess?

Even the 4th try, I had 400 health left when I won (and I broke down and leveled him to 150 before try #4). The only reason I won that fight is because I got lucky and when she fired green, there were just enough special tiles on the board for my desperate use of blue to steal them all, so every match she made the rest of the game did just 1 point of damage to me.

If not for that, I'd have been dead on her next turn.

Got icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png from the token. Usable cover. Won't knock it.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    152, 5/1/3 is it? I barely remember what my roster looks like any more.

It took me 3 or 4 tries to win this one. On my second-to-last attempt, I was looking good until Jean cascaded into a green that mortally wounded me. The outcome wasn't in doubt after that, so I bailed. On my final winning attempt I kept hitting enough purple & yellow to keep wearing her down. I had less than 1K health left. I think I used + 2 B/P on that winning run.

Pulled Elektra red with the token, which is her 13th cover, making her just my 3rd 13-cover 4* (Thor and Fury are the others).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat it on the second try with a 5/1/1 lvl 135 Ant-Man with +2 Blue/Purple AP, +1 All Colors Boost and +100% Blue/Purple Damage Boost.

The first time I just tested it out and she cascaded me to death. Second time I used boosts and the key was to grab all the purple then unleash it! Those attack tiles can do over 1000 damage per turn once they get going. Then I focused on yellow, built some strike tiles and she never had a chance. Prevented her from matching green as well and she never used a power. The big Ant-Man punch was not needed and it was surprisingly easy! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed 276 Antman won easily. Jean fired no powers. Got a greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png

No complaints about that token as my formerly 5/5/2 Carnage is now fully covered.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/0/1 lvl 152, expected to roll out the particles and take it easily, but one "lucky" cascade after another would trigger psychic feedback and send me back to square 1. Not the hardest, but definitely annoying.
    Hoarding tokens atm.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're at 13 covers, I honestly think boosting is a waste unless you're unwilling to put a drop of ISO into Ant-Man. He's terribly underrated and should squash Jean like a bug (pun intended) as she's overrated 1v1. He should be able to handily win this at level 150+ with 10-13 covers if you're careful about denial.

Champed Ant-Man at 274 handled her in one go with about 3-4k health. She's not a pushover, but I still couldn't prevent her from firing purple and then green. No match-5s for me were even in sight. I had a heck of a time firing my own powers, though. I managed Ants, Ants, Ants! three times with the first time finally about halfway into the match (with at least 2 of the CD tiles getting matched away immediately... each... time... I wish I was exaggerating, but the second time I fired it she literally used a red match-3 that had 3 of my CDs in it), and I fired Pym Particles once and had the trap matched away on the next turn in a skyfall match-4 for Jean (in fairness, there were only 2 other purple tiles on the board anyway, and I couldn't Grow). All told still an easy match.

blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png takes him to 5/4/1, so he's on the brink of finally being useful outside of his Crash. I'd love more purple though, RNG!
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 150 3/3/4 had some terrible luck on the first try. Second try my matches were somewhat more favorable, but still lost in the end. I levelled him to 175, and then smacked her silly.

My token_legendary.png gave me a icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png bringing him to 1/4/3
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Never could get a good board or had bad luck with cascades creating match 5s. Finally on the 4th try was able to win with my level 160 5/2/4 and rewarded with a blackflag.png Agent Venom
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Another breeze for my lvl 200 Ant-man