201-500 icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png
501-1000 icon_redface.gif

Alliance:
1-100 icon_ms_marvel.pngblackflag.png

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ms. Marvel's worst power is the top 10 reward, her best power is doubled, and we get Cap's best cover for progression. Unstable ISO-8 sucks, but at least the rewards are decent.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for taking the initiative!

So how do the subs work in this 6-day long event? Are they created when you beat the first node and all that? When does the first sub end?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are no subs in this event. New nodes appear approximately every 24 hours.
  • loroku
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Oh wow! So it's just one series of nodes on the main page and that's it?
  • loroku
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Progression:
    6000: icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
    10000: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
    Might be worth showing that these are 2* rewards.
  • mags1587
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Yep. The existing nodes disappear and new nodes will appear. There are also one or two nodes that are offset from the main switch by 12 hours. (they switch at noon EST, everything else switches at midnight EST). It's quite the grind and hopefully scaling won't be as bad as it has been in the past.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Yep. The existing nodes disappear and new nodes will appear. There are also one or two nodes that are offset from the main switch by 12 hours. (they switch at noon EST, everything else switches at midnight EST). It's quite the grind and hopefully scaling won't be as bad as it has been in the past.

How is rubberbanding typically?
  • loroku
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Seems like the main nodes will be switching at noon EST this time, since that is when it started?

Thanks a bunch for the clarification! So you think the current nodes will disappear tomorrow at noon EST? And also some new nodes will show up tonight around midnight EST?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If that is the case, they really should display timers for that.
  • mags1587
    Options
    I'm not an expert on rubberbanding, but from what I remember, for the first run of the event where rubberbanding was implemented it was ridiculous; all you basically had to do was play in the last hour and you'd score top 10. They toned it down and I expect it to be tweaked further in this run.

The main set of nodes should switch around noon, and then the one/two nodes should switch at midnight, but off the top of my head I'm not 100% sure of that. Something to add to my notes, I suppose.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IIRC this was the first post-prologue story event, and D3 was still feeling out how they wanted to structure PvE events. But they've run it unaltered at least twice now since working out the whole system of sub-events attached to a main bracket.
  • It also looks like it's worth a quick clear today while double iso is still in effect.
  • loroku
    Options
    SirPhobos wrote:
    It also looks like it's worth a quick clear today while double iso is still in effect.
    Good point.

Jumped into a bracket at 994. icon_e_smile.gif How do I time things so well?
  • IIRC this was the first post-prologue story event, and D3 was still feeling out how they wanted to structure PvE events. But they've run it unaltered at least twice now since working out the whole system of sub-events attached to a main bracket.

The only thing changed about this event is the rubberbanding and it is a horror show of everything that can possibly go wrong with a PvE event when you're new to making them. As players we really don't need to be reminded of how bad things used to be. The only saving grace is that the enemy lineup rarely has Daken so it's one of the weakest DA lineup you'll see.
  • So when do the first nodes rotate out? In how many hours?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    IIRC this was the first post-prologue story event, and D3 was still feeling out how they wanted to structure PvE events. But they've run it unaltered at least twice now since working out the whole system of sub-events attached to a main bracket.

The only thing changed about this event is the rubberbanding and it is a horror show of everything that can possibly go wrong with a PvE event when you're new to making them. As players we really don't need to be reminded of how bad things used to be. The only saving grace is that the enemy lineup rarely has Daken so it's one of the weakest DA lineup you'll see.
    Nah, scaling was a much bigger (and worse) change than RBing.
  • In regards to scaling, despite doing lacklustre recently, I'm seeing some...quite high nodes. Venzuela Showdown (goons) 210/211/211... Relationship Issues 202/203... Well, I'll do my best.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't suppose that ISO is still doubled for this event until the end of the Anniversary tonight???
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Nah, scaling was a much bigger (and worse) change than RBing.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. The scaling on this event seems to be pretty high too, perhaps to compensate the relative lack of Daken. I have a level 270 goon only node, and sure I won't say that is hard, but it still doesn't take much to die when half of the goon's move can one shot a character from full health when they're at that level.
  • russreid91 wrote:
    I don't suppose that ISO is still doubled for this event until the end of the Anniversary tonight???

It's doubled. There are nodes with 1000 iso as reward when normally they'd be 500.