PVE Prodigal Sun - June 11-19

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Per the announcement from Demiurge_Will over at Reddit this event will have no community scaling factor.

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 18 June, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on June 19

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_carnage.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_thor.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_loki.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_ragnarok.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_bullseye.pngicon_ares.pngicon_hawkeye.png

star.png
icon_ironman.pngicon_storm.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1600: healthpack.png
2800: rainbow AP stockpile
4300: 250 iso8.png
6000: icon_ares.pngredflag.png
8000: 250 iso8.png
10300: cardpack.png (event)
12700: 250 iso8.png
15300: icon_hawkeye.pngredflag.png
18000: 500 iso8.png
20900: 50 imcoin.png
24000: 1000 iso8.png
27200: icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png
30500: 500 iso8.png
34000: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_beast.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_beast.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_beast.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png , 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-400: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 500 iso8.png,
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_beast.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

Edit: We appear to be on track for 7 sub events of 24 hours each: Manhattan, China, Los Angeles, Wakanda, and Washington, DC so far.

Historically, the final sub (Thunderbolts Mountain) has had a one-time reward of a red Sentry cover.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just what everyone wanted, another seven day event with Beast as the reward.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    It's too bad about the beast rewards, wish they did IF instead so more folks will actually play to see how this event works without community scaling turned on. Almost a waste of a test since there probably will be hardly any community to speak of, lol.

No community scaling is literally the only reason why I will even join this event to see if there's any difference to this horribly super scaled event. Only other PVE other than Gauntlet i even use DP Super Whales. Can ya at least change the free sentry cover node to something good like HB Red? Haha.

Seriously devs... Beast... Really??
  • Unknown
    Options
    While Beast is actually a decent character now (average or better at least), I can also see a lot of people going really easy on this one.
    Now, if there are a couple of events in a row with no community scaling, and one of them is a low interest event (this one), and one is a high interest event (whatever comes next with Carnage as a reward again), I could see that providing some useful data. That's how PVE often runs, new characters get lots of demand and grinding, older less desirable ones don't. They probably want to test on both to see what happens.

I'm just looking forward to not caring about placement or even progressions. Or probably even playing this one much if at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    while i'm not interested in beast at all, i do need prof x. so, whelp, looks like i know what i'll be doing after brotherhood wraps up...
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think Beast as a reward is a great idea because it's right after we get off the hamster wheel grinding a 7 day event for Carnage and the devs heard our complaints about them introducing new characters or highly sought after characters in test events. It'll be a time for many to relax and recover from the crazy grind for Carnage.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    I think Beast as a reward is a great idea because it's right after we get off the hamster wheel grinding a 7 day event for Carnage and the devs heard our complaints about them introducing new characters or highly sought after characters in test events. It'll be a time for many to relax and recover from the crazy grind for Carnage.

I need everyone to take the week off.. i only have 3 covers for Beast, and would like top 10, thank you in advance.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't know whether to be pissed that I worked so hard for carnage to have all 3 required characters for the next event only to be rewarded with stupid Beast, or be happy that I can get back to my real life for a week. I guess I'll take the latter. Thanks D3!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No community scaling and a red Mags... I may end up playing this more than I would have for just some Beasts...
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Historically, the final sub (Thunderbolts Mountain) has had a one-time reward of a red Sentry cover.
    Too bad I already have 5 Sentry red. It used to be a nice progression bonus.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no Carnage, unsurprisingly. But luckily there's a bonus draw rate on him in the Prodigal Sun cover packs.

Oh good, instead of the 0.3% it was in ISO Brotherhood, it's 0.5% for a single pack, 1.0% for 10- and 42-packs. Now, where did I put my credit card...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I joined the event like an hour after is started and people already have like 7000 points icon_e_sad.gif how is this possible? I cleared every node once and only have around 2000 and If I grinded to 0 I doubt it would equal another 5000
  • Unknown
    Options
    7 day event for beast? u see why I don't trust d3 when they talk about "testing" "no scaling"?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alecrizzle wrote:
    I joined the event like an hour after is started and people already have like 7000 points icon_e_sad.gif how is this possible? I cleared every node once and only have around 2000 and If I grinded to 0 I doubt it would equal another 5000

I don't see anything like this in my bracket. If it's happening in yours, it's either someone playing incredibly poorly (i.e., they don't know what they're doing); someone anticipating that they won't be able to play again for the rest of the sub; or it's someone just anxious to test out what the new scaling will look like.

A full clear of the first sub is worth 2790. I'm sure someone could get all the way to 7000 soon after the bracket opened. There just aren't many reasons to do it.
  • minionruush
    Options
    glitch with carnage firing passive every turn... after 6 turns crazy 1-2K damage to team every turn.. bye bye health packs .. good thing it's only the essential node.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    glitch with carnage firing passive every turn... after 6 turns crazy 1-2K damage to team every turn.. bye bye health packs .. good thing it's only the essential node.

Not every turn, but his black is triggered when goon countdown tiles are dropped.

If it triggers as well when they resolve (didn't let it get that far on my playthrough), then it's definitely a bug.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A tad silly having Carnage as an essential considering recent events. On Monday they would have known a portion of the userbase had zero chance of getting any Carnage covers. Surely in the last 4 days they could have tweaked that one node to switch in another 4* character.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    A tad silly having Carnage as an essential considering recent events. On Monday they would have known a portion of the userbase had zero chance of getting any Carnage covers. Surely in the last 4 days they could have tweaked that one node to switch in another 4* character.

Pretty sure this is standard practice. Prize characters from the previous PVE show up as essentials in the next.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:

why should they When ultron came on it took down the severs meaning people could not get the Needed people for the next PVE. They still used the people who was required so why should they make this so you would not need him
  • Unknown
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    don't worry, carnage will be supplied after the event he's essential in icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have Capt Marvel icon_caroldanvers.png as the rewards below beast, but it's Ms Marvel icon_ms_marvel.png