PVE Heroic Oscorp, June 22-25

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Per Demiurge_Will's announcement at Reddit, this event will have no community scaling.

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 252 June, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on June 23

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_starlord.png (essential) icon_carnage.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png (essential) icon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_thor.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_hawkeye.png (essential) icon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackwidow.png

star.png
icon_juggernaut.pngicon_venom.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
1800: rainbow AP stockpile
2400: 140 iso8.png
3100: icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
4000: 140 iso8.png
4900: cardpack.png (event)
5900: 140 iso8.png
7000: icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
8200: 500 iso8.png
9500: 50 imcoin.png
10800: 1000 iso8.png
12100: icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
13500: 500 iso8.png
15000: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_thor.pngredflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_gamora.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_gamora.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_gamora.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png, 250 iso8.png,
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

My recollection is that this event has 3 subs, each of which has reinforcements available (boosted for that sub but not for the whole thing). I'll update it as needed.

First sub reinforcements:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png
star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.png
star.pngicon_blackwidow.png

Second sub reinforcements:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png
star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png
star.pngicon_ironman.png

Comments

• NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, we're REALLY going to see the effects of community scaling turned off with Ultron being run against a Heroic with Gamora rewards.

Come on, guys.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    I really don't understand why they feel the need to run Ultron over other events. As if the daily needs of what you need to do just to keep up weren't enough... sigh
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This will finish my Patch, excited!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really don't understand why they feel the need to run Ultron over other events. As if the daily needs of what you need to do just to keep up weren't enough... sigh

I think they want people who can't compete in the Ultron event to have an event to do. I can't really fault them for running extra events as long as they're not giving out awards I need, and the extra PVEs have always given out old covers.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    For a few hours, there will be 3 active PVE's, and i need the patch from t150 and the heroic progression.. If i get both (sitting at #58 in iso-8, trying hard not to end up in T50) i don't see this being a problem getting both.

I just don't remember ever seeing 3 active at once!
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    For a few hours, there will be 3 active PVE's, and i need the patch from t150 and the heroic progression.. If i get both (sitting at #58 in iso-8, trying hard not to end up in T50) i don't see this being a problem getting both.

I just don't remember ever seeing 3 active at once!

I think it might have happened at the very opening of the first Ultron run, too. Otherwise, there was a 24-hour offset.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think they want people who can't compete in the Ultron event to have an event to do. I can't really fault them for running extra events as long as they're not giving out awards I need, and the extra PVEs have always given out old covers.

How soon we forget the past. EotS ran for Hulkbuster covers while Hulkbuster Ultron was still going on. So not always old covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    How soon we forget the past. EotS ran for Hulkbuster covers while Hulkbuster Ultron was still going on. So not always old covers.

Those were offset enough though that I was able to jump into EotS after we were finished with Ultron, though. These two look like they'll have near-100% overlap.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

Those were offset enough though that I was able to jump into EotS after we were finished with Ultron, though. These two look like they'll have near-100% overlap.

Yeah, I'm thinking of the Heroic: Juggernaut run that overlapped the first AvU event. That was either simultaneous or offset by 24 hours. Then Enemy of the State picked up after Heroic: Juggernaut, during the second AvU run (or maybe after it was all the way over).

Is it worth digging up dates?
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking of the Heroic: Juggernaut run that overlapped the first AvU event. That was either simultaneous or offset by 24 hours. Then Enemy of the State picked up after Heroic: Juggernaut, during the second AvU run (or maybe after it was all the way over).

Is it worth digging up dates?

Depends on how much you want to be right? icon_e_smile.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes there was definitely a heroic running at the start of Ultron one. Remember as my last sub overran for 5/6 hours into Ultron one which is giving me a distinct sense of deju vu on this one.

Edit. Think it was for Steve Rogers
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Yes there was definitely a heroic running at the start of Ultron one. Remember as my last sub overran for 5/6 hours into Ultron one which is giving me a distinct sense of deju vu on this one.

Edit. Think it was for Steve Rogers
    I think he was in a pvp during that same time-frame. I remember working like mad to get t50 in the pve and t25 in the pvp and making it on both (really wanted to get him semi-functional)- a big accomplishment because my roster was not nearly what it is now. too bad they didn't do the same for patch or panther here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I agree with the sentiment, but here's the problem. Not only is Ultron yet ANOTHER competitive mode of play, it's competitive WITHIN alliances.

I didn't do well last time, my alliance is now short-handed, and I REALLY want (actually, I'd say I NEED) that Patch card. I am not looking forward to being at the bottom of my alliance YET AGAIN, while I'm feeling bad before either event even begins because I detest Ultron (due to sucking at it), really want the PvE progression award, need to keep up on DDQ so I have some chance of building a roster that can eventually handle Ultron, and also have a job, a family, and a home to maintain....

So I can blow out my roster biting at Ultron's ankles, not put up any points that matter, or ignore him altogether and play the things I can do well at, and hope my alliance doesn't suffer. Is this supposed to be another of those "difficult choices" D3 is so fond of? At this moment, MPQ has gone from being kind of a bummer at times to now being an anxiety-fest I wish I could just delete and move on from already... not exactly what I look for in games.

DBC
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reinforcements for the first sub:

Iron Man (Model 40)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Black Widow (Modern)
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Reinforcements for the first sub:

Iron Man (Model 40)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Black Widow (Modern)

Thanks. I've been so busy Ultroning that I haven't started it yet.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Just going for progression to max my patch then leaving this pve to it's own devices to work on Ultron
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Just going for progression to max my patch then leaving this pve to it's own devices to work on Ultron

Exact same plan here. Plunking away at Ultron (throwing bodies at him) and squeezing every drop out of my PvE refreshes until I hit that Patch green, and then playing minimally to retain T150...

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Anyone have advice on that Juggs/Daken/Venom node?? (Smash and Grab)

juggs is one-shotting Patch .. ugh
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

i have a sneaking suspicion my scaling may not be as bad as yours since he hasn't been able to one-shot me yet, but i've been running blade/OBW on everything with an OP juggs/venom. with OBW on the left (my blade is capped at 114) i can use her espionage and then nightstalker to limit enemy AP accumulation, and with board full of strike tiles KYEC is making quick work of it usually. i did wipe once on that one when i had a horrible board but otherwise has been somewhat manageable...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    wiz_biz wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

i have a sneaking suspicion my scaling may not be as bad as yours since he hasn't been able to one-shot me yet, but i've been running blade/OBW on everything with an OP juggs/venom. with OBW on the left (my blade is capped at 114) i can use her espionage and then nightstalker to limit enemy AP accumulation, and with board full of strike tiles KYEC is making quick work of it usually. i did wipe once on that one when i had a horrible board but otherwise has been somewhat manageable...

unboosted my patch/blade/cyclops are all 140, the node started at level 178, which i should be able to beat with those 3 boosted.

it just doesn't want to let me win. I will get it, one way or another.