Avengers vs. Ultron - June 22 - June 27, 2015

Cymmina
Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
Event begins at 12pm EDT on June 22 and ends at 12am EDT on June 27 (I think I've done the math right here).

Powered Up:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
Nick Fury
Iron Man

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
Vision
Black Panther
Falcon
Iron Man
Wolverine
Captain Marvel
Luke Cage

star.pngstar.png
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye
Wolverine

star.png
Hawkeye
Iron Man

Vision is guaranteed to be 2 of the 5 essential nodes for each refresh. The reward for the last 3 Ultron Prime nodes is Captain Marvel (Modern).

Rules
Once you join the event, you're locked in with your alliance until the end: no alliance hopping.

Each round features an Ultron node and 5 essential nodes. Your alliance works together to deplete Ultron's health for each round. The round starts with the Ultron node unlocked and the essentials locked. Win or lose against Ultron locks his node for 8 hours and all damage done to him contributes towards the round's progress. When Ultron's node is locked, the essentials unlock. Each essential node can be completed once and will unlock the Ultron node once cleared. New essential nodes become available at 8 hour intervals starting from when the event begins (12pm / 8pm / 4am EDT). There are 8 rounds total.

Clearing each round unlocks a node to fight against Ultron Prime. The first 5 Ultron Prime nodes grant an event token and the last 3 feature a character cover.

Rewards

Individual round progression rewards: standard recruit token, ISO-8, stockpile, 25 HP.

Notable Ultron Prime Progression Rewards
80k - Ultron Reward Pack
120k - 25HP
160k - Ultron Reward Pack
240k - 25HP
320k - Ultron Reward Pack
400k - Vision (Blue)
600k - Vision (Red)
800k - Vision (Yellow)

Ultron HP
Round 1: 75k
Round 2: 120k
Round 3: 320k
Round 4: 800k
Round 5: 1.6m
Round 6: 2.4m
Round 7: 3.6m
Round 8: 4.8m

Comments

• How did 2* characters work last time? With their new pattern for essentials, is it likely that they'll repeat that or modify for a 2* essential here? And if so, is it likely to rotate between those boosted?
  • There's 5 nodes each requiring a specific character, but any version of that character can used. The usual PVE system shouldn't effect that.

Hawkeye was and is essentially a 2* required character anyway.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    How did 2* characters work last time? With their new pattern for essentials, is it likely that they'll repeat that or modify for a 2* essential here? And if so, is it likely to rotate between those boosted?

Probably the same as last time. On a Wolverine node, any * wolvie is fine. Hawkeye node can be * or **, etc.
  • Cymmina
    Note that only Patch and Astonishing versions of Wolverine are powered up, not X-Force. The last time Ultron was ran, only Modern and Grey Suit versions of Black Widow were powered up, but you could still use the Original version on any Black Widow essential.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    Once you join the event, you're locked in with your alliance until the end: no alliance hopping. Each round features an Ultron node and 5 essential nodes. Your alliance works together to deplete Ultron's health for each round. Win or lose against Ultron locks his node for 8 hours. Each essential node grants 1 additional fight against Ultron. The essential nodes unlock at 8 hour intervals starting from when the event begins (12pm / 8pm / 2am EDT). There are 8 rounds total.

12pm, 8pm, 4am EDT
  • Damn, now I have to open a slot and try to find Hawkeye again. I forgot the ridiculous requirements for 2* in this pve. I was planning to join late in Oscorp Heroic, but now I have to join sooner in order to get that progression Hawkeye reward.
  • otrigorin
    otrigorin Posts: 31
    edited June 2015
    Was Scarlet Witch not powered up last time? Or is this the first of two events and she comes in for round 2, like last time (where she was introduced during round 1)?

Edit: I know he is not that popular, but I see that Quicksilver is missing as well. And he, At least, was powered up from the very beginning last time.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Narkon wrote:
    Damn, now I have to open a slot and try to find Hawkeye again. I forgot the ridiculous requirements for 2* in this pve. I was planning to join late in Oscorp Heroic, but now I have to join sooner in order to get that progression Hawkeye reward.

1* may be easier, if you just need it for the essential, and you have 2 chars who can handle the node by themselves, use some iso on basic recruits and try for a 1* hawkeye (who knows, you may get lucky and snag a 2*)
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Clearing a round also resets the cycle, so that all the character-specific pins get unlocked again, even if you couldn't the first time.
  • Cymmina
    otrigorin wrote:
    Was Scarlet Witch not powered up last time? Or is this the first of two events and she comes in for round 2, like last time (where she was introduced during round 1)?

Edit: I know he is not that popular, but I see that Quicksilver is missing as well. And he, At least, was powered up from the very beginning last time.

Scarlet Witch was powered up for both of the previous Ultron events (release + featured).
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Is it that this time the powered up character are another group of Avengers that are not powered up last time? If so then why is Iron MAn and Hawkeye here? I thought they are powered up last time?
  • Malcrof
    is 4* wolvie not powered up?
  • Malcrof
    11:56 EST, 4 minutes to Ultron, let's see how long before a server down thread appears.. here's hoping the answer is NEVER!
  • down now ..
  • whats the reward this time? same as last ultron event or new characters?
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Captain marvel and vision
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    wade66 wrote:

Guess they didn't want anyone to play this event.

I don't know what's worse, Captain Marvel and Vision for Ultron event or Gamora for Oscorp Heroics? Guess we can all rest until the start of the next season.

Shame there is no Ant-Man..
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, I laughed when I saw the rewards, but I'm ok with it. I actually like the event as just that, an event. Why they chose to run it at the same time as other pve events when it's not a special release event? You got me. This way, it's only a grind if you want it to be.

My only problem with the event is that it seems like they intentionally did not buff any characters who can help with the dropping bombs.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    wade66 wrote:

I don't know what's worse, Captain Marvel and Vision for Ultron event or Gamora for Oscorp Heroics? Guess we can all rest until the start of the next season.

Remember it ran twice last time, with a 3* reward first run and a 4* second run. Ant man may still be inbound.

Or maybe we all just got trolled hard.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    wade66 wrote:

Remember it ran twice last time, with a 3* reward first run and a 4* second run. Ant man may still be inbound.

Or maybe we all just got trolled hard.

True, but why run it twice when they could of just ran it once with Ant-Man? They could have at least replaced Captain Marvel with Scarlet Witch to keep the flow going.

Plus Ant-Man as a 4*.. the last new character was a 4*.. would they really make him a 4*? Who am I kidding, of course they would!