PVE Heroic: Venom (29 June - 3 July)

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Update: Demiurge_Kabir has said in the reddit announcement regarding the death of community scaling that it should be off for this event. I know that the opening fights to unlock the first sub were brutal (2 health packs/fight).

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 2 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 3

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_thing.png (essential) icon_carnage.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_starlord.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_spiderman.png (essential) icon_daredevil.pngicon_hood.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_punisher.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_thor.png (essential) icon_humantorch.pngicon_storm.png

star.png
icon_hawkeye.pngicon_blackwidow.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
1800: rainbow AP stockpile
2500: 140 iso8.png
3300: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.png
4200: 140 iso8.png
5200: cardpack.png (event)
6300: 140 iso8.png
7500: icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
8700: 250 iso8.png
10100: 25 imcoin.png
11400: 1000 iso8.png
12900: icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
14400: 500 iso8.png
16000: icon_spiderman.pngblueflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_falcon.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png, 250 iso8.png,
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25::falcon: purpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

I can't recall if this has been run since they started revamping the PVE schedule & formatting. I'll update with sub info & reinforcements as time permits, regardless.

Sub 1: Sticky Situation (24 hours)
Reinforcements: Falcon, OBW, Storm (Modern)

Sub 2: Rescue Aunt May (24 hours)
Reinforcements: Mohawk, Ms Marvel, IM 35

Sub 3: Rescue Mary Jane (24 hours)
Reinforcements: Blade, Captain America, Juggernaut

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    you're missing a star for buffed chars lol (4*) thanks foe keeping the events u2d!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a good laugh at this one.

Heroic PVE? Nah, that doesn't sound fun. Let's check rewards....
    Falcon rewards? Those help folks who run PVE's sometimes, I guess, what is progression?
    Spiderman progression? Ok, gotcha, no reason to even start this one.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ugh, really need falcon yellow.. this is going to be a grind.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    What a bust for the post- icon_thing.png PVE. Not because of what the rewards are, mind you, but because I have no need for any of them ( with the exception of icon_kingpin.png , but my stance on him is still "Do Not Want"). This one is actually far more important for my F2P account to work through, thanks to the blueflag.png final prog.
    Oh well. I get a PvE break, but at least it's a small one(i.e.: not a 5 day event).
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Geez, they really knocked the difficulty up a notch. Lvl244 icon_loki.pngicon_venom.pngicon_moonstone.png with limited roster?!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ugh, really need falcon yellow.. this is going to be a grind.

shocked falcon yellow is rare to come back its the only color i have 5 of/// i still say it will be a bloodbbath here as well
  • 12chris6
    12chris6 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Geez, they really knocked the difficulty up a notch. Lvl244 icon_loki.pngicon_venom.pngicon_moonstone.png with limited roster?!

DAMN! Must be your scaling because mine are at lvl 150. This is going to be difficult for because I already got defeated twice by the lvl 150 Bullseye, Muscle & Yelena Belova in the Veonm: Heroic. icon_e_sad.gif
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Getting my tush handed to me by Normal From Russia node. Level 162 Bullseye/Muscle/Yelena wreck me. Those strike tiles, that the Muscle drops all over.... 765 damage each... Limited roster makes this wicked. I have tried starting on the muscle, and when I do that, frickin bullseye takes out one or more of my guys usually in one shot. Sheesh.

I managed to grind out 99th place in the Hunt so I managed to get one cover of the Thing, but whatever I need for this is escaping me. Sheesh.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks devs, for setting my scaling based on the levels of my Fury and Carnage, because when I think muscle goons, those two characters are definitely at the top of my list...

... of characters I'd never consider using.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    lymang wrote:
    Getting my tush handed to me by Normal From Russia node. Level 162 Bullseye/Muscle/Yelena wreck me. Those strike tiles, that the Muscle drops all over.... 765 damage each... Limited roster makes this wicked. I have tried starting on the muscle, and when I do that, frickin bullseye takes out one or more of my guys usually in one shot. Sheesh.

I managed to grind out 99th place in the Hunt so I managed to get one cover of the Thing, but whatever I need for this is escaping me. Sheesh.

I actually had a surprising amount of luck on most of the nodes using spidey/falcon/punisher. it can take a while since punisher doesn't deal a ton of damage each time, but once a few special tiles are out there that falcon can strengthen it starts to add up. plus if you put a lot of effort into getting enough blue to always have a few in the bank for redwing to come out and play, and use your spares for spidey to stun and delay those CD tiles or keep bullseye from making any more protects, it's surprisingly effective. and minimal loss of HP with all of those protect tiles out there from spidey's and falcon's pinks...

just hoping that strategy will continue to work for me on the next clear, scaling's already pretty brutal for me relative to my roster strength...
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun!! Another heroic were you are locked from using most of the roster you have built.

Well at least they will be fresh for PvP. Also need those falcons. Mine is on the second last page of my roster.
  • Marty17
    Options
    wiz_biz wrote:
    lymang wrote:

I actually had a surprising amount of luck on most of the nodes using spidey/falcon/punisher. it can take a while since punisher doesn't deal a ton of damage each time, but once a few special tiles are out there that falcon can strengthen it starts to add up. plus if you put a lot of effort into getting enough blue to always have a few in the bank for redwing to come out and play, and use your spares for spidey to stun and delay those CD tiles or keep bullseye from making any more protects, it's surprisingly effective. and minimal loss of HP with all of those protect tiles out there from spidey's and falcon's pinks...

just hoping that strategy will continue to work for me on the next clear, scaling's already pretty brutal for me relative to my roster strength...

That's a quite good team up, tried it & it was (somewhat with cautious playing) a breeze on the 2nd clear.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have discovered that Spidey / Falcon / OBW are not the best team, offensively. Who would have guessed.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I have discovered that Spidey / Falcon / OBW are not the best team, offensively. Who would have guessed.
    LOL! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* roster for this event is in pretty poor shape; Spidey 2 covers, Falcon 2 covers, DD just 1, Punisher 4/1/1, KK 3/2/1. Only Hood at 5/2/2 has any punch to him, but he's so darn squishy. 2* Thor's got his work cut out for him.

I did seem to luck into a fresh bracket this morning so maybe I can hit T50'ish.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* roster for this event is in pretty poor shape; Spidey 2 covers, Falcon 2 covers, DD just 1, Punisher 4/1/1, KK 3/2/1. Only Hood at 5/2/2 has any punch to him, but he's so darn squishy. 2* Thor's got his work cut out for him.

I did seem to luck into a fresh bracket this morning so maybe I can hit T50'ish.

T50 is my goal, somehow sitting at #3 ( i know it won't last), but T50 is looking good, i really need that icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.png
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event sucks.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My heroes are absolute garbage for this one.

Using Thor and IM40 with 2 yellow. Yellow into red and red into yellow. Damage is obviously **** but hammer spamming amuses me and it works. Blue goes to obw or storm depending.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This will be the first event since I started playing that I'm not participating in. That roster is garbage, I don't need Falcon covers, my scaling has me fighting lvl 265 Loki/Muscle teams with NO way to deal with countdowns other than Starlord's purple? ...yea, no thanks. I'll take a pass on this one. Have fun y'all!

f4orp2Br.jpg
  • Marty17
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    This will be the first event since I started playing that I'm not participating in. That roster is garbage, I don't need Falcon covers, my scaling has me fighting lvl 265 Loki/Muscle teams with NO way to deal with countdowns other than Starlord's purple? ...yea, no thanks. I'll take a pass on this one. Have fun y'all!

f4orp2Br.jpg

My icon_starlord.png can't even do that.