PVE: Simulator (July 2-6)

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Sunday, 5 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 6

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_kingpin.png (essential) icon_thing.pngicon_professorx.png :invisible woman:

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_falcon.png (essential) icon_blackpanther.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png (essential) icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_moonstone.png

star.png
icon_ironman.pngicon_yelena.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
1800: rainbow AP stockpile
2400: 250 iso8.png
3100: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png
4000: 250 iso8.png
4900: cardpack.png (event)
5900: 250 iso8.png
7000: icon_moonstone.pngredflag.png
8200: 50 iso8.png
9500: 50 imcoin.png
10800: 1000 iso8.png
12100: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png
13500: 500 iso8.png
15000: icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png, 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png, 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png, 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 2000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
301-400: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

The Simulator now has 24-hour sub-rounds. Each sub-round has 2 branches, and easy one (on the right last time), and a hard one. The final node on the hard branch has a one-time node with a high-ISO reward.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yawn, more Capt. Marvel rewards and more Falcon rewards as progression. Two PVE's will be sitting un-opened in my events queue I guess.

Maybe they could put a couple extra rewards in the structure....like the new Tacos, to cut down on the year of hoarding that you need to do to ensure rewards from the vault. That would "spice" things up a bit! Or perhaps make the rewards a bit more "sweet"!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    for the 2* i think it is icon_ms_marvel.png not icon_caroldanvers.png ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yawn, more Capt. Marvel rewards and more Falcon rewards as progression. Two PVE's will be sitting un-opened in my events queue I guess.

You have to bear in mind, what may be a "yawn" for some, the devs also have to appeal to an audience of game players in the 0-300 days stretch, who could very much USE the icon_caroldanvers.png and icon_falcon.png covers. The long-term players get to chase Carnage and Thing which is is yawn-inducing to newer players who aren't going to want to devote a roster slot to a 4-star character they have little to no chance of picking up a second or 3 rd cover for until months down the road.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How the heck do you beat icon_thing.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.png ?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

You take out Thing first, bring DD, Thing will be the only one actively seeking red, but DP will use it, so deny red and purple, get traps out asap, and match them yourself as much as possible. If you can get the AP for a big hit from Thor or the like, make sure to stun Thing with DD first.

goes very quickly once he is down, you have to deny red, but you are safe from Things red so long as DP is alive. Hood has to be last, DP and Thing will both protect him.

edit: side note, KK is better than Thor, same with BP, as their AOE's will not trigger Thing or DP as no one person is taking more damage.
  • Marty17
    Options
    No luck, somehow the board is starve of redtile.png but the AI manage to cascade down so they can match it. Plus by the time I accumulated enough bluetile.png , the icon_hood.png steals them.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    No luck, somehow the board is starve of redtile.png but the AI manage to cascade down so they can match it. Plus by the time I accumulated enough bluetile.png , the icon_hood.png steals them.

Another possibility is Psylocke/KK/Loki

Cheap skills that can really add up over time, KK to heal, loki, if you can get enough black, force out things shields and steal them.
  • Marty17
    Options
    Unfortunately my icon_kamalakhan.png is not battle ready (base level), otherwise I would try that combination. I tried icon_daken.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_lukecage.png & almost KO'd icon_thing.png, that's the closest I got before the Twin Pistols/Yancy Special/Whales whales whales icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Interesting. Falcon/Kingpin is kinda neat sometimes it seems. Falcon takes away an enemy countdown, Kingpin can destroy it for extra damage and it's ready to steal another countdown on the next turn...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Interesting. Falcon/Kingpin is kinda neat sometimes it seems. Falcon takes away an enemy countdown, Kingpin can destroy it for extra damage and it's ready to steal another countdown on the next turn...

Hadn't thought about that, was going to bring in SW so i always had a CD tile out... nice call.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Patch/Loki, and always target the opponent with the highest health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    why do u always write this: Update: Demiurge_Kabir has said in the reddit announcement regarding the death of community scaling that it should be off for this event. I know that the opening fights to unlock the first sub were brutal (2 health packs/fight).

Thursday, 2 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 3

anyway, trash event, will stream of course, but trash event
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    why do u always write this: Update: Demiurge_Kabir has said in the reddit announcement regarding the death of community scaling that it should be off for this event. I know that the opening fights to unlock the first sub were brutal (2 health packs/fight).

The note regarding death of community scaling was an accidental holdover. I could have sworn I got the end dates properly updated, but apparently not. Off to fix.

Edit: community scaling note removed; end times were already correct.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

The note regarding death of community scaling was an accidental holdover. I could have sworn I got the end dates properly updated, but apparently not. Off to fix.

Edit: community scaling note removed; end times were already correct.
    err I meant only the community scaling thing not the end time thing, but was just curious
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    Patch/Loki, and always target the opponent with the highest health.

That's what I used. And after firing off the green/black combo, I got a cascade that had Deadpool and Thing bouncing back and forth in front of each other like ping pong balls. It was just bad luck, but it was one of the most annoying matches I've ever played.
  • Marty17
    Options
    Good God that was strenuous. After like my 10th attempt I've finally overcame lvl258 icon_thing.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.png with icon_loki.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_thor.png I still reckon it's due to the favourable board than anything else TBH. I hope in round 2 simulation 7 is less painful.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    My node is at 166, enough for Grimm to one shot anyone in my roster. Most of my 3* are undercoverd and soft capped at 104 while waiting for more covers. I'm part of the players actually interested by the icon_falcon.png and icon_caroldanvers.png covers here icon_e_smile.gif .

After I tried three times with boosted or not 3* teams, I resorted to use Stormneto+Hawkeye. It worked.
  • Marty17
    Options
    It almost feel that I was rewarded (with Simulator token pulled) a icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png shortly after beating that sim icon_e_wink.gif
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Patch, 3 star.png Cap and Loki worked for me on that last node.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

For me, icon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ares.png