PVE:Meet Rocket & Groot (July 5-10)

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 9 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 10

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png (essential) icon_thing.pngicon_professorx.png :invisible woman:

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png (essential) icon_blackpanther.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_magneto.png (essential) icon_ms_marvel.pngicon_moonstone.png

star.png
icon_ironman.pngicon_yelena.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
1900: rainbow AP stockpile
2700: 140 iso8.png
3600: icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
4600: 141 iso8.png
5800: cardpack.png (event)
7000: 140 iso8.png
8300: icon_moonstone.pngredflag.png
9800: 250 iso8.png
11300: 25 imcoin.png
12800: 1000 iso8.png
14500: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png
16200: 500 iso8.png
18000: icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png, 500 iso8.png,
301-400: icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Meet Rocket & Groot has 3 sub-events. Traditionally they are 24 hours long; it appears that one of the subs will be 48 hours this time. (Likely the middle one based on past pattern.)

Edit/Update: Yes, the second sub is 48 hours long.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Just a thought. An event called meet rocket and groot featuring cut scenes referring to rocket and groot and enemies talking about rocket and groot features numerous buffed characters.... none of which are rocket and groot.

Hmm...

Either way, I still hate buffed juggernaut like few others, but assuming the prize of human torch means he's next to be buffed I'm cool with that.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate Goons that feed icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png Twin Pistols
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have they always locked the 3 easy nodes in Luck be a Lady after 1 run through? I don't remember them doing that before, still 3 easy rewards in each node
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure we (in the past) could replay them again. Also did they change (or is it the next sub) the last 2-3 nodes line up from icon_doctordoom.pngicon_mystique.png with icon_bro8.png ? Not that I'm complaining, it makes it a little less stressful to fight against.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes I remember Doom being in those nodes too, you're right, I think goons are easier
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They definitely changed this sub-event from the previous times. It use to be filled with high level Mystiques and Dooms, now its low level Mystique (lvl 55) and high level goons in the last few nodes. Also they locked out the beginning subs for multiple plays. I like this much better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so just finished up subevent 1 if anyone wants to take a look at the lay of the land, did NOT expect them to 'streamline' this event since it was pretty good already.

Don't like d3 making us face high level juggs + muscles, or hood + yellow users. Obnoxious.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since I have no icon_caroldanvers.png (I just missed out on her in the last event), I'm going to sit this one out and try a last-day bracket snipe. If I can score an easy icon_humantorch.png cover or two, that'll be worth a short push, but I'm not grinding days for him with only 1 of the 3 essentials.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They definitely changed this sub-event from the previous times. It use to be filled with high level Mystiques and Dooms, now its low level Mystique (lvl 55) and high level goons in the last few nodes. Also they locked out the beginning subs for multiple plays. I like this much better.

Seems pretty similar. Doom is in the third sub. I remember the second sub being very easy, at least 2 of the hard nodes were goon only. First sub was Jugg/Hood fest, second is Mystique/easy, last was Mystique Doom being fed nonstop AP.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed the second Mystique/goonfest first few refreshes are a bit lightweight. No complaints after Juggs/Hood

The Doom/Mystique sounds familiar and if I remember right quite rough. In the high points nodes they were able to really spam their abilities fast.
  • mr_X
    Options
    Agreed the second Mystique/goonfest first few refreshes are a bit lightweight. No complaints after Juggs/Hood

The Doom/Mystique does sound familiar and if I remember right quite rough. In the high points nodes they were able to really spam their abilities fast.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:

The Doom/Mystique does sound familiar and if I remember right quite rough. In the high points nodes they were able to really spam their abilities fast.

This 2nd sub seems ridiculously easy... very refreshing to have one like that.. my only issue is this..

3 full clears now, without using a single health pack(first full clear was yesterday), Both of the last clears gave nothing but 20iso each node each time.. so i am 1/4 on all nodes after 3 clears... is it bugged?

cmon, i need iso!

edit: 4th clear, now 1/4 on all but 1, i got a crit boost, yay
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was questioning the same thing, did like 3 clears of each almost back to back but nothing than 20 iso8.png EVENTUALLY I received the other 3/4 rewards but my God was it annoying in a different manner.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not complaining about the easier difficulty in sub 2. the end of sub 1 was hoping to just get through without needing health packs - nope. the jugs node and the hood node both got me - completely wiped my teams. I had some taco health packs saved for a pvp push, but had to use them last night due to those 2 nodes. I just wanted to clear them once and grind the others - oh well. still ended up t50 easy. people are crazy grinding this second sub early. I keep looking to see if I missed some nodes, but haven't found any.

edit: bah! the 2 day sub got me again. was so focused on the pvp, decided to do a 3 hr, grind the pve, and do a pvp match and throw an 8 hr on before I went to sleep. I really need to pay attn to 'time left'. might cost me t50 - we'll see. gonna drop like a rock today.
  • mr_X
    Options
    Darn the server issues have totally borked up my refreshs on this. Was running like clockwork now 4 hours behind were I should be.

Full refresh is now an hour before the sub ends. Which is probably too late to remain competitive.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Darn the server issues have totally borked up my refreshs on this. Was running like clockwork now 4 hours behind were I should be.

Full refresh is now an hour before the sub ends. Which is probably too late to remain competitive.
    Start your normal end of sub grind at your normal time. The amount of points you get from waiting for full refresh is slim compared to doing just one more clear of every node.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finished subevent 3 on my stream if anyone wants to see what they're up against, subevents 2+ 3 were so easy it makes me wonder why they made subevent 1 so hard?
  • mr_X
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    finished subevent 3 on my stream if anyone wants to see what they're up against, subevents 2+ 3 were so easy it makes me wonder why they made subevent 1 so hard?

Agreed, maybe with the exception of the sub 3 marvel now essential. Found that one really nippy.

Maybe something to do with the level 30 magneto I was packing. Did not want to waste anymore Iso on a 2 star essential
  • minionruush
    Options
    anyone locked out of sub3 essentials?.. cap marvel and xforce.. says I need to recruit when I have them. I've updated the latest patch.
  • mr_X
    Options
    Yes that bug is back. Browse your roster and try to put them in your team on the left or right and they will automatically move to the centre. That seems to fix it.