PVE: Dark Avengers - Heroic (July 20-24)

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 23 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 24

Powered Up and only usable characters
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_invisiblewoman.png (essential) icon_antman.pngicon_thing.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_scarletwitch.png (essential) icon_captainamerica.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_ironfist.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png (essential) icon_bullseye_old.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.png
icon_juggernaut.pngicon_hawkeye.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1400: healthpack.png
2200: rainbow AP stockpile
3300: 140 iso8.png
4500: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.png
5900: 140 iso8.png
7500: cardpack.png (event)
9100: 140 iso8.png
10900: icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png
12900: 250 iso8.png
14900: 25 imcoin.png
17000: 1000 iso8.png
19300: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
21600: 500 iso8.png
24000: icon_scarletwitch.pngpurpleflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_psylocke.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png , 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

If this has been run since the Heroic events got reformatted, there aren't any notes in the PVE Format Guide.

I'll add in notes on reinforcements as they open for me. (I'm likely to be in either slice 2 or slice 3.)

Sub 1: Diversion
Reinforcements are Colossus, MNThor, Modern Storm

Sub 2: Facilities
Reinforcements are Cyclops, MNMagneto, Modern Black Widow

Sub 3: Rooftops
Reinforcements are Luke Cage, OBW, Iron Man 35.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thrilled to see Psylocke as I'm missing some covers but then I see Blue as her T150.. No thanks, I'm not going crazy to win T50 or higher. RNG is ****.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    See, I need one more blue to optimize her, so I'm happy.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm another frustrated with RNG. with green/purple witch being t150/t50 in TaT I figured blue would be progression here. not sure I want to take on over scaled ares/juggs/daken/moonstone/bullseye with limited roster - at least fist is boosted. witch purple and psylocke just don't get me excited... to play you know.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm wondering if I've even got a shot at progression with a seriously limited roster... 24000 in 3 days with roughly 8 usable characters?

Guess I'll open it tonight and see.

DBC
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm wondering if I've even got a shot at progression with a seriously limited roster... 24000 in 3 days with roughly 8 usable characters?

Guess I'll open it tonight and see.

DBC

8k a day with regular refreshes and a grind, you should be fine even with a limited roster, guess I would need to see your roster though to accurately say one way or another.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of this one... The selection of playable characters isn't great (at least for me). I'm also disappointed blue scarlet witch isn't the progression.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any suggestions on ideal teams for Three Amigos? I hate superlevelled Juggs. I had some success with Cap blue pausing him, and KK healing, but there has to be a better combo.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dang. Most of my useable characters a are 1 cover 4*s and early build 3*. Not sure I will even get the SW cover. The unlocked roster shuffles some each round in this event correct?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mike h wrote:
    Dang. Most of my useable characters a are 1 cover 4*s and early build 3*. Not sure I will even get the SW cover. The unlocked roster shuffles some each round in this event correct?

Yes, we get "reinforcements"

judging by the question from LambadaDave, it looks like KK will be one of them. I am still on the first sub though, so i can't tell you who else, and can't be of much help to him either not knowing.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Didn't get to post it last night. Reinforcements for sub 1 are Colossus, 2* Thor and 1* Storm.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any suggestions on ideal teams for Three Amigos? I hate superlevelled Juggs. I had some success with Cap blue pausing him, and KK healing, but there has to be a better combo.

it may seem far-fetched, but i actually had pretty good results (twice) running gamora, swtich, and doc oc. the latter 2 i NEVER use, and only just got switch playable with a few more covers in the last PVE...it's actually been kind of fun, match away all the enemy special tiles and doc oc makes a ton of nice little attack tiles that really add up, and with the stuns from gamora green and switch pink, it was surprisingly doable...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that one I think I went with fist/witch/gamora. gamora was just to save up cheap reds until my fist strikes got out and use up the black fist gathered late but that wasn't worth much because she's only 120 unboosted so she doesn't tank anything but ret. witch was just a purple battery and all the heavy lifting was done with fist, which is nice because without fist, those 2 would be pretty hard for me.

last node I switched out gamora and put in cap with fist/witch.
  • LambadaDave
    Options
    Thx Wiz_Biz I will try that out. I do like Doc Ock when it's goons or special tile creators.

Malcrof, KK wasn't pumped, I was using her as-is to heal between Juggs attacks.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thx Wiz_Biz I will try that out. I do like Doc Ock when it's goons or special tile creators.

Malcrof, KK wasn't pumped, I was using her as-is to heal between Juggs attacks.

She isn't even select-able from my roster at all. Shows locked.
  • LambadaDave
    Options
    Malcrof, I'm... uh, so it was Deadpool, not KK. Oops. I remembered the healing, and made the wrong mental connection. Sorry, man. You were right. KK is locked just as you said.

Cap, SWitch and Dock Ock is a nice combo, actually. I still hate Three Amigos with the heat of a thousand suns though.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof, I'm... uh, so it was Deadpool, not KK. Oops. I remembered the healing, and made the wrong mental connection. Sorry, man. You were right. KK is locked just as you said.

Cap, SWitch and Dock Ock is a nice combo, actually. I still hate Three Amigos with the heat of a thousand suns though.

I hate them with the power of one million exploding suns
  • Unknown
    Options
    fun fact: when you do fastball > whales you still have the option to super whale. TIL!

Finished first subevent on my stream for those interested in the layout. the roster is pretty meh since I don't have anyone to feed IF into but then again this event Idc!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone know if that repeatable node on the front screen stays open past the end of the first sub?

TIA!

DBC
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DBC yeah it stays there. And continues to be playable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    DBC yeah it stays there. And continues to be playable.

Thanks much! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC