PVE: ISO-8 Brotherhood

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Sorry about not getting the full post up last night; ended up having household maintenance semi-emergency to attend to. Real life must come first, and sometimes it's no fun.

This is at least the third 7-day PVE event to run this month, with Thick as Thieves and a Heroic interrupting the streak. Also, given awards, I smell either Prodigal Sun or Deadpool v MPQ coming up. (If the latter, I think it'd be nice to add a 3rd sub that's "Deadpool vs the New Guys" to bring in the characters new since the event was created a year ago.)

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 30 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 31

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
Jean Grey (essential) icon_antman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_rocket.png (essential) icon_colossus_new.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_loki.pngicon_mystique.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png (essential) icon_hawkeye.pngicon_captainamerica.png

star.png
icon_ironman.pngicon_venom.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1700: healthpack.png
2900: rainbow AP stockpile
4600: 250 iso8.png
6500: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png
8700: 250 iso8.png
11100: cardpack.png (event)
13700: 250 iso8.png
16600: icon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png
19600: 500 iso8.png
22700: 50 imcoin.png
26100: 1000 iso8.png
29600: icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png
33200: 500 iso8.png
37000: icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100::doctordoom: blueflag.png , 2000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_ares.pngyellowflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_ares.pngyellowflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
301-400: icon_ares.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png , 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png , 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25::doctordoom: blueflag.png , 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png , 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

This is a 7-day event because there's no way to make it be not a 7-day event unless you do 12-hour subs. There are just too many of them. Additionally, the last of the three nodes that open the event on the main map (team-up with all required characters) remains open throughout the duration of the event.

Editing to add the reminder (thanks, mags187) that the final non-essential node in each sub is a non-repeatable 1500 ISO award.

I've said before I have a soft spot for this particular PVE event because of how generous it is. That, and it was the first one I entered, placing 3rd and getting my first 3 Patch covers.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Prodigal Sun did follow up Brotherhood last time around, and it's a villain focused story, so having it's essentials be Kingpin, Doom, and Ares, fits.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Prodigal Sun did follow up Brotherhood last time around, and it's a villain focused story, so having it's essentials be Kingpin, Doom, and Ares, fits.

Thanks for being able to read around the typos. Stupid trying to type while pushing my 5-year-old on the swing.

My only hesitation in calling it for Prodigal Sun is that it would make at least 3 consecutive 7-day PVE events.
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    There's gotta be a Gauntlet soon, right? It seems about due for one.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's gotta be a Gauntlet soon, right? It seems about due for one.
    That would be nice, particularly if the 4* progression is Jean Grey.
    Anyway... Brotherhood is all 24-hour subs, right?
    Boosted characters are a little lackluster, but I suppose Grocket, Colossus and Loki could do well together...
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any confirmation on how many days this event is?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a 7 day event.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Finally have the whole thing up. Posting here to bump to the top, in case.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just an FYI, there's a 1500-ISO reward node in each sub-event, unlocked after you play all the non-essential nodes. It's worth it to join and play through the sub once just to unlock that even if you don't care about rewards.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Not to mention that just a full clear + two-three nodes on top grant top 300 for the sub, and t300 is an event token.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    considering that Jean Grey is an essential, and not many of the player base have her, I don't think you could count on most players being able to do a full clear.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    considering that Jean Grey is an essential, and not many of the player base have her, I don't think you could count on most players being able to do a full clear.
    On the other hand those who did grind to get her may be a bit burnt out and not that interested in the prizes this time, so it might even out.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    On the other hand those who did grind to get her may be a bit burnt out and not that interested in the prizes this time, so it might even out.

i burned out on the JG event, so taking this one light.. didn't even enter until this morning.. first clear.. #41.. how? lol, bracket not even close to full.. just doing the subs for the big iso rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I actually joined this on on day 1. Will be doing lazy clears to hopefully get a lucky pulls from a sub token.

easy...marc
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm thinking some of the community are shriveled up husks right now or something, that or I dropped into a nice empty bracket.
    Before in Hulk I did 2 full clears on the first part and only managed to break top 300 by that point.

This time around I did 1 clear and no bonus, and I'm sitting pretty decently high. I might even dust off that old 2* torch to squeeze into the top bits.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I doubt Ill get another top 2 finish like I did last time in Brotherhood for Carnage, (and I blame that one because the iOS crowd got handicapped by a bug) , but I can use doom covers easily, and my roster is in pretty good shape for this one. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    We are also now confirmed that next event is Deadpool vs MPQ and will be Kingpin, Doom, and Ares essentials, thanks to the announcement that 4 star.png deadpool would be coming 8/6/15 in that event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finished first sub on my stream zzzzzz
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I am on ISO-8 Lab: Nigeria and it looks to me like there is a node connected to ISO-8 Lab: Nigeria VII that is not "activating" for me. Am I missing something? It's above and slightly to the left. Is that just graphics, and not a node?
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lymang wrote:
    I am on ISO-8 Lab: Nigeria and it looks to me like there is a node connected to ISO-8 Lab: Nigeria VII that is not "activating" for me. Am I missing something? It's above and slightly to the left. Is that just graphics, and not a node?

There was a node like that on the main map last time this event ran.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    lymang wrote:

There was a node like that on the main map last time this event ran.

Not trying to be stupid, but I do not understand what you are saying. Do you mean there was a node there last time, but there is not this time? Or there is a node there and it will activate for me?