PVE: Deadpool v MPQ

jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Note: This event has 2 subs, unless they've been sneaky and added a third (Deadpool vs the new guys?). As such, expect them to be 48 hours, not the typical 24.

This event gives away 4* Deadpool (X-Force)

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Monday, 10 August, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on August 11

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_kingpin.png (essential) icon_deadpool.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_thing.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_doctordoom.png (essential) icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_ares.png (essential) icon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png

star.png
icon_juggernaut.pngicon_yelena.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
2000: rainbow AP stockpile
2800: 140 iso8.png
3700: icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
4800: 140 iso8.png
6100: cardpack.png (event)
7400: 140 iso8.png
8800: icon_ares.pngredflag.png
10300: 250 iso8.png
11900: 25 imcoin.png
13500: 1000 iso8.png
15300: icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
17100: 500 iso8.png
19000: icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png , 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 48 hour subs right?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    2 48 hour subs right?

thought someone had to join the 7am slice and update by now lol
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    The first sub is 48 hours long.
  • Is this the event where one node gives HP reward?
  • shurak wrote:
    Is this the event where one node gives HP reward?
    one iso reward, one hp reward
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Demolira wrote:

Yea, this pretty much confirms I'll be gambling on a last minute join.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demolira wrote:

this should be meaning the opposite - this is one less sub end grind to do. I replaces a grind with a normal clear - what is wrong with that?? I wish I wasn't starting a trip tomorrow or I'd be playing the heck out of this one.
  • Watch out for Ant-man on the Ares node. Got eaten alive the first attempt. Got new respect for him. Although doesn't help that my Ares is only level 61.
    Finally seeing the Kingpin power. Only have 4/1/3, but he's kicking. Had to bring him in to Ares node to help out.

I love the 4* Deadpool preview. He is sooo good. Had to break out 3/2/4 W X-Force which I haven't used since nerf. Such a sweet team that I want to build.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watch out for Ant-man on the Ares node. Got eaten alive the first attempt. Got new respect for him. Although doesn't help that my Ares is only level 61.
    Finally seeing the Kingpin power. Only have 4/1/3, but he's kicking. Had to bring him in to Ares node to help out.

I love the 4* Deadpool preview. He is sooo good. Had to break out 3/2/4 W X-Force which I haven't used since nerf. Such a sweet team that I want to build.

my ares is 88 before bump same with doom

ARES green hits for like 350 per green
    Doom hits for like 1300 per pink

ARES/DOOM/CAGE team so far working very well (well besides the last 2 nodes where pro x or the other one can really mess up your game
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    Demolira wrote:

this should be meaning the opposite - this is one less sub end grind to do. I replaces a grind with a normal clear - what is wrong with that?? I wish I wasn't starting a trip tomorrow or I'd be playing the heck out of this one.

I can't play "optimally" for 24 hour subs, 48 would be worse. Haven't done well in a PvE since 12 hour subs went away.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Demolira wrote:

I can't play "optimally" for 24 hour subs, 48 would be worse. Haven't done well in a PvE since 12 hour subs went away.
    grinding down nodes every 12 hours was better for you?
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I am glad to finally sit one out. I don't have Kingpin, so I don't see how I can reasonably place in the top 100. I'm full on yellow covers for Kamala and I don't need the progression cover for Doom. So 4 day vacation for me icon_e_smile.gif.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Now i'm in rank 13. My target is rank 11-20. Now i get 9126 score and the next full point will be in 9 hrs later. The top five players get 10~11k. I want to get redflag.pngpurpleflag.png but im not sure whether i can make it.
  • Finished Deadpool vs heroes on my stream if anyone would like a primer/breakdown.

Glad they are keeping enemy variety up on this one, nice not to have to face same 6 enemies over and over.
  • Haven't played a pve for more than a month or two so I thought I would find myself into a noob bracket... but looks like all the top PvP alliances have decided to do the same. I have xmen and kick azz in my bracket icon_lol.gif

Ah well... at least this pve is a fun one. I just don't want to do the grind.. meh. We'll see now.

1st time I play without community scaling... and 1st time I play with lvl 166 and not capped at 94 anymore... I find the nodes quite easy compare to what I was used to, even the last one with prof x / fury. I just have trouble with that essential Ares node. Not sure who I should bring there.
  • Griv74 wrote:
    Haven't played a pve for more than a month or two so I thought I would find myself into a noob bracket...
    that's not how that works
    Griv74 wrote:
    essential Ares node. Not sure who I should bring there.

discussed in my stream
  • How does it work then ?
    Last time I found myself into a noob bracket after 3 weeks of not playing due to vacations and I was a top 10-20 in all the previous pve before that icon_question.gif
    I was surprisingly 3rd with no grind and made just a little push at the end and finished 1st for the 1st time ever in a pve with almost no effort.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Griv74 wrote:
    How does it work then ?
    Last time I found myself into a noob bracket after 3 weeks of not playing due to vacations and I was a top 10-20 in all the previous pve before that icon_question.gif
    I was surprisingly 3rd with no grind and made just a little push at the end and finished 1st for the 1st time ever in a pve with almost no effort.

I took a several month break from MPQ and when I came back I found myself in noob brackets for both pvp and pve for several events. Weeks! It was amazing.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    grinding down nodes every 12 hours was better for you?

Can't speak for the person you were asking, but with 12-hour subs, a clear and the 2-3 passes on the essentials usually had you top 50-100.
  • FloridaFan
    FloridaFan Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I don't have Kingpin, but I'm hitting the refreshes on time and I'm still in #14. 10 of the players above me have Kingpin, 3 of them don't. I was telling myself I had no chance for top 100 without all three essentials but maybe I should push on this one.