PVE: Juggernaut: Heroic

There's no thread so here's one. Just completed first sub on my stream if anyone wants to prep.

Didn't seem different from last juggernaut heroic

Comments

• wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    i was wondering if juggs was ever going to get any love...all this time there hasn't been a thread i just keep hearing him in the back of my head, 'don't you know who i am?!?!'
    tumblr_lre7g0odTp1qiwjn9o1_500.jpg
  • wiz_biz wrote:
    i was wondering if juggs was ever going to get any love...all this time there hasn't been a thread i just keep hearing him in the back of my head, 'don't you know who i am?!?!'
    tumblr_lre7g0odTp1qiwjn9o1_500.jpg
    i figured people don't care because A) Juggernaut heroic was the event that caused us to get reinforcements BECAUSE it was so bad

B) only 3 days

C) prizes are meh

D) 7 day event after this

E) just had hardcore event

But yeah....12173.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    No, I've just been swamped between sets of company and prepping to start a new job.
  • jffdougan wrote:
    No, I've just been swamped between sets of company and prepping to start a new job.
    no to what? obv, ppl don't care about this event so relax
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they should rename this the Kingpin heroic so far not seen much of Juggs but Kingpin is doing a good job standing in with his speedy dark avenger style self accelerating moves.

Shocking how quick he can get of Maggia pawns. Just as well OBW is available.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

Congrats on the new job!!
    mr_X wrote:
    Maybe they should rename this the Kingpin heroic so far not seen much of Juggs but Kingpin is doing a good job standing in with his speedy dark avenger style self accelerating moves.

Shocking how quick he can get of Maggia pawns. Just as well OBW is available.

The node where he is fed yellow by Muscle is retched.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    i figured people don't care because A) Juggernaut heroic was the event that caused us to get reinforcements BECAUSE it was so bad

B) only 3 days

C) prizes are meh

But yeah....12173.gif

oh not a big deal, i don't think not having the formal event thread was really causing anyone heartache, but once you get that cartoon juggernaut's voice in your head it seems to be all you can think about... icon_e_smile.gif

i get the ambivalence, but I'm totally appreciating that right now. even though getting DP was pretty hellish, i seem to be reinvigorated to (hopefully) finish my DD build. i've never made him a priority and only recently am really starting to see his benefits so i'm jazzed to get him a bit beefier.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Sad that red is top 10 cover. I currently own a 5/5/1 DD, and don't particularly feel like grinding this event optimally for one more red cover. Hopefully the next event will have red DD progression.
  • wiz_biz wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

B) only 3 days

C) prizes are meh

But yeah....12173.gif

oh not a big deal, i don't think not having the formal event thread was really causing anyone heartache, but once you get that cartoon juggernaut's voice in your head it seems to be all you can think about... icon_e_smile.gif

i get the ambivalence, but I'm totally appreciating that right now. even though getting DP was pretty hellish, i seem to be reinvigorated to (hopefully) finish my DD build. i've never made him a priority and only recently am really starting to see his benefits so i'm jazzed to get him a bit beefier.
    With cyclops, DD is a much more reliable character. Its pretty interesting, actually....
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feeling super derpy for even having to ask this, but don't pve sub-events alliance rewards normally have hp in them for t50?
  • binarypillbug
    binarypillbug Posts: 106
    edited August 2015
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Feeling super derpy for even having to ask this, but don't pve sub-events alliance rewards normally have hp in them for t50?

I don't think so. Just personal awards.

Does anyone know who was boosted in the first sub? I forgot to make a note of it. Edit: Nevermind, found them on raisins archived stream!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    only reason im playing is Its right after a 4 star so less people will have 4 star meaning easier to get top 50 to get free coins (even though i got close to 9k lol)
  • udonomefoo wrote:

I don't think so. Just personal awards.

Does anyone know who was boosted in the first sub? I forgot to make a note of it.
    3* cap can't remember who else

~~~~~

Finished the second sub on my stream - although the last node is annoying, you've got the tools to deal with Kingpin if necessary(Vision 2*BW 3*Carol)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    This event gives away Daredevil icon_daredevil.png

End times (Central Daylight Time):
    Thursday, 13 August, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on August 14

Powered Up
    :star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_deadpool.png Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) (essential) icon_jeangrey.png Jean Grey icon_starlord.png Star-Lord icon_thing.png The Thing

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_kamalakhan.png Kamala Khan (essential) icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel icon_cyclops.png Cyclops icon_daredevil.png Daredevil icon_quicksilver.png Quicksilver icon_squirrelgirl.png Squirrel Girl

star.pngstar.png
    icon_wolverine.png Wolverine (essential) icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow icon_storm.png Storm

star.png
    icon_juggernaut.png Juggernaut icon_yelena.png Yelena Belova

Progression awards:
    100: cardpack.png (standard)
    500: 100 iso8.png
    1000: rainbow damage boost
    1300: healthpack.png
    1800: rainbow AP stockpile
    2500: 140 iso8.png
    3300: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine yellowflag.png
    4200: 140 iso8.png
    5200: cardpack.png (event)
    6300: 140 iso8.png
    7500: icon_storm.png Storm blueflag.png
    8700: 25 imcoin.png
    11400: 1000 iso8.png
    12900: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow blueflag.png
    14400: 500 iso8.png
    16000: icon_kamalakhan.png Kamala Khan yellowflag.png

Placement rewards:
    1-2: icon_nickfury.png Nick Fury yellowflag.png + rewards for 3-10
    3-10: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil redflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
    11-20: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
    21-50: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
    51-100: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
    101-150: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png , 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
    151-200: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    201-300: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png
    301-400: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.png, 250 iso8.png
    401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
    501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
    601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
    801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
    1-2: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
    3-10: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    11-25: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    26-50: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    51-100: icon_daredevil.png Daredevil purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    501-1000: 250 iso8.png
    1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Just so we have a thread in the usual format. Probably should've copied/pasted a 3* reward thread, instead of the 4* where I had to change a lot more. Props to jffdougan for doing this for each PVE.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    If you're playing juggs event and have KK, cyclops, and juggs himself; run them together. KK purple nets green + cyclops yellow nets red + juggs green and red are super cheap + KK heals with every power = easy run through of the entire event.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blackstone wrote:
    If you're playing juggs event and have KK, cyclops, and juggs himself; run them together. KK purple nets green + cyclops yellow nets red + juggs green and red are super cheap + KK heals with every power = easy run through of the entire event.

just run
    KK cy and wolvie

KK heals cCY pushes red for wolvie and his claw does over 5k of damage
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    Great. With KK cy and juggs (boosts and all and depending on covers of course) you can hit for over 10k per turn once you get going. And finish the hardest node in the event with full health. It might not suit your play style but is worth giving a shot of you have all three.

I have beaten the last node in ddq daily with this combo (ending at full health) and juggs is the only one I have fully covered.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a mediocre Cyclops (2/3/3), mediocre BP (no black), poor SG (no green), poor QS (does he ever get good anyway?), poor DD (only 4 covers) and only 1 green on KK makes the last sub quite a chore. I got my 25 HP progression and I think I'm done. I do have 4 yellow on KK so I don't need the final progression that badly.

I'd forgotten how annoying that Juggs / Lieutenant / Lieutenant node is. Yellow heal tiles spamming all over the place.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I have been enjoying this event as a good source for ISO and HP since no one is really playing it. This is one of the few Heroics where I have the playable characters maxxed and they sync well with one another. For half the nodes I'm running OBW/CStorm/QS, and the other half is KK/Marvel/BP

I can see how for people without KK this is nearly impossible. Juggernaut should never have AP generating Goons with him.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    user311 wrote:
    I have been enjoying this event as a good source for ISO and HP since no one is really playing it. This is one of the few Heroics where I have the playable characters maxxed and they sync well with one another. For half the nodes I'm running OBW/CStorm/QS, and the other half is KK/Marvel/BP

I can see how for people without KK this is nearly impossible. Juggernaut should never have AP generating Goons with him.

i forgot how aweful it was to fight boosted mags.. yuck