PVE Prodigal Sun - August 27 - September 4

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
jffdougan wrote:
Per the announcement from Demiurge_Will over at Reddit this event will have no community scaling factor.

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 3 September, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Friday September 4

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_carnage.png Carnage (Essential) icon_falcon.png Sam Wilson icon_deadpool.png Deadpool icon_jeangrey.png Jean Grey icon_wolverine.png Wolverine

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_sentry.png Sentry (Essential) icon_rocket.png Rocket & Groot icon_storm.png Storm icon_wolverine.png Wolverine icon_daken.png Daken

star.pngstar.png
icon_daken.png Daken (Essential) icon_thor.png Thor icon_bullseye.png Bullseye

star.png
icon_venom.png Venom icon_juggernaut.png Juggernaut

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1600: healthpack.png
2800: rainbow AP stockpile
4300: 250 iso8.png
6000: icon_daken.png Daken blueflag.png
8000: 250 iso8.png
10300: token_event.png (event)
12700: 250 iso8.png
15300: icon_thor.png Thor greenflag.png
18000: 500 iso8.png
20900: 50 imcoin.png
24000: 1000 iso8.png
27200: icon_bullseye.png Bullseye purpleflag.png
30500: 500 iso8.png
34000: icon_sentry.png Sentry greenflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_starlord.png Star-Lord redflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow redflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png, 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png, 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_magneto.png Magneto purpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_magneto.png Magneto purpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
301-400: icon_magneto.png Magneto purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png,
401-500: token_standard.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow greenflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

Edit: We appear to be on track for 7 sub events of 24 hours each: Manhattan, China, Los Angeles, Wakanda, and Washington, DC so far.

Historically, the final sub (Thunderbolts Mountain) has had a one-time reward of a red Sentry cover.

Previous runs
PVE Prodigal Sun - June 11-19
Prodigal Sun Apr 8 - Apr 14
Prodigal Sun - Feb 24 - March 3
Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22
Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9
Don't have dates for previous time it was ran

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well... the list of boosted characters is pretty fun... too bad I don't need the placement rewards. Will be playing for ISO/HP/tokens only.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never thought I'd see the day where Moonstone wasn't boosted in this event...
  • zzzzz at least it means its not a new character, aka a break
  • I hope it is just my ignorance, but using sentry and carnage is just awkward and difficult at best. They ate the third member of the team in no time at all.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    I hope it is just my ignorance, but using sentry and carnage is just awkward and difficult at best. They ate the third member of the team in no time at all.
    Yeah, they definitely have their drawbacks. Teaming them up with Wolverine and Daken helps a bit though, at least then you can heal back.
    Right now I'm fairly happy my Carnage doesn't have any black covers though.
  • KonaMan
    KonaMan Posts: 6
    Options
    Played the first node and was bored out of my skull. This is not a good team-up of characters at all, IMHO. Takes way too long, animation after almost every turn and not very interesting. Other than that, it's great. Glad I don't need anything they are handing out so nice to have a rest for a bit.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Berzerker Rage + Hailstorm does make short work of goons.

I'm only playing this one for the 50 HP progression. I need nor want nothing else. Nice easy ride.
  • Berzerker Rage + Hailstorm does make short work of goons.

I'm only playing this one for the 50 HP progression. I need nor want nothing else. Nice easy ride.

I have half assed it to this point and am top 50. Seems many don't want anything to do with this. I just need gsbw purple.
  • Splarne wrote:
    Berzerker Rage + Hailstorm does make short work of goons.

I have half assed it to this point and am top 50. Seems many don't want anything to do with this. I just need gsbw purple.

Yeah, I'm suspecting my late start for GBSW is going to go pretty much the way my last late start went. About 20 total fights for 66th place and a cover...

DBC
  • Got into top 20 with ease. Luckily, because i need the GSBW covers
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    edit: oops, wrong thread [post deleted]
  • Sub ended 35 minutes ago, didn't see awards come through...can't wait to get that 2* token pull.
  • Some subs are infuriating and are health pack sinks but as far as competing against others, this is a rather calm event.

Couple clears, even late, and some grinding and I'm doing top 50.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Breezy wrote:
    Some subs are infuriating and are health pack sinks but as far as competing against others, this is a rather calm event.

Couple clears, even late, and some grinding and I'm doing top 50.
    With Patch, Daken, and Rocket & Groot boosted, I'm finding I don't really need to use health packs this time around. icon_e_smile.gif
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Which nodes stay open from sub to sub in the main? I have 3 right open now and don't know what to grind away as the second sub comes to a close.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    tiger92882 wrote:
    Which nodes stay open from sub to sub in the main? I have 3 right open now and don't know what to grind away as the second sub comes to a close.

I have started the second sub-event (China) and all 3 are still repeatable on the main screen (enter the dark avengers, rooftop brawl, and flex your muscles) but I do not recall if they remain open throughout the whole event.

Cheers!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    shobi6669 wrote:
    tiger92882 wrote:

I have started the second sub-event (China) and all 3 are still repeatable on the main screen (enter the dark avengers, rooftop brawl, and flex your muscles) but I do not recall if they remain open throughout the whole event.

Cheers!
    I think this is the first time there's been three repeatable nodes there, as I recall previous runs have only had Enter the Dark Avengers.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    shobi6669 wrote:
    tiger92882 wrote:

Cheers!
    I think this is the first time there's been three repeatable nodes there, as I recall previous runs have only had Enter the Dark Avengers.
    theres def at least a new one...iron man didn't randomly show up to party last time(and that node description is hilarious)
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    Sub ended 35 minutes ago, didn't see awards come through...can't wait to get that 2* token pull.

I just pulled a hulkbuster black with mine!! I still have never seen a red cover for him.
  • tiger92882 wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    Sub ended 35 minutes ago, didn't see awards come through...can't wait to get that 2* token pull.

I just pulled a hulkbuster black with mine!! I still have never seen a red cover for him.

Glad I could help. I pulled a 2* be.