The Hunt (Sep 3rd-8th, 2015)

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
Everything's been updated.
Only updated Powered Up section until preview comes out.
Vankysher wrote:
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Monday, 3 September, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Tuesday, September 8
Powered Up:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_starlord.png Star-Lord (Essential), icon_elektra.png Elektra, icon_antman.png Ant-Man, icon_falcon.png Sam Wilson, Mr. Fantastic

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow (Essential), icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch, icon_spiderman.png Spider-Man, icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers, icon_deadpool.png Deadpool, icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus

star.pngstar.png
icon_magneto.png Magneto (Essential), icon_wolverine.png Wolverine, icon_daken.png Daken

star.png
icon_yelena.png Yelena Belova, icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye

Progression Rewards:
100. token_standard.png
500. 100 iso8.png
1000. +20% Damage Boosts
1400. 1 healthpack.png
2100. +3 All Boost
3100. 140 iso8.png
4200. star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png Daken blueflag.png
5500. 140 iso8.png
6900. token_event.png Recruit Token - The Hunt
8400. 140 iso8.png
10100. star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png Wolverine yellowflag.png
11800. 250 iso8.png
13700. 25 imcoin.png
15600. 1000 iso8.png
17700. star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png Magneto blueflag.png
19800. 500 iso8.png
22000. icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.png

Placement Rewards
1-2. All rewards from the previous rank + additional Mr. Fantastic blueflag.png
3-10. 1500 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic blueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png
11-20. 1500 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic yellowflag.pngblackflag.png
21-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
51-100. 1000 ISO, 25 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
101-150. 500 ISO, 25 HP, icon_quicksilver.png Quicksilver greenflag.png
151-200. 500 ISO, 25 HP, star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye purpleflag.png
201-300. 500 ISO, star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye purpleflag.png
301-400. 250 ISO, star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye purpleflag.png
401-500. 3x Standard Token, 250 ISO
501-600. 2x Standard Token, 250 ISO
601-800. Standard Token, 250 ISO
801-1000. 250 ISO

Alliance rewards:
1-2. 2500 ISO, 100 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
3-10. 2500 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
11-25. 1500 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
25-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, Mr. Fantastic blackflag.png
101-250. 500 ISO, 25 HP
251-500. 250 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 250 ISO
1001-10000. 140 ISO

The Hunt (Jun.25th-Jun.29th, 2015)
The Hunt: March 10 - 16
The Hunt: Jan 21 - 26
The Hunt - Oct. 24-28
The Hunt: July 12-16

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage, GSBW and MMags will also be boosted as essentials right?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Most likely, but Star-Lord, not Carnage. I forgot to add them in since the last thread I copied/pasted didn't have Essentials listed.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Most likely, but Star-Lord, not Carnage. I forgot to add them in since the last thread I copied/pasted didn't have Essentials listed.

Whoops, you're right. Not sure where Carnage came from.

MFW the 4* essential is Sparkle-Lord:

hGx0r0A.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    at least it should be fun with witch, gsbw, deadpool, mnmags, cap boosts. lots of options on strategies there. witch/mnmags/cap can take down all goons. and I really enjoyed witch with gsbw in the pvp. wish I had a decent px, but panther makes a rainbow and got the job done and will here too im sure.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want the packs to be available already. Its time to scoop up a big box of them and get me some Fantastic Man.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    I want the packs to be available already. Its time to scoop up a big box of them and get me some Fantastic Man.

Well, the published odds are 0.2%, probably rounded from some esoterically derived figure.

For a 10 pack you're 98.02% likely to get 0, 1.96% likely to get 1, 0.02% likely to get 2 or more.

For a 42 pack you're 91.94% likely to get 0, 7.74% likely to get 1, 0.32% likely to get 2, 0.01% likely to get 3 or more.

You'll need a very, very big box.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Well, the published odds are 0.2%, probably rounded from some esoterically derived figure.

For a 10 pack you're 98.02% likely to get 0, 1.96% likely to get 1, 0.02% likely to get 2 or more.

For a 42 pack you're 91.94% likely to get 0, 7.74% likely to get 1, 0.32% likely to get 2, 0.01% likely to get 3 or more.

Yeah, pull probabilities will go up next PvE, so you're probably better off hoarding your HP until then at least.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Yeah, pull probabilities will go up next PvE, so you're probably better off hoarding your HP until then at least.

And on top of that, he doesn't look like a game changer. Low to mid tier. So you're probably better off hoarding HP until a good character.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Can anyone confirm if it's possible to get Top 100 during a 4-star PVE event with only two essentials?

Normally I wouldn't bother, but the next PVE is the Gauntlet, and last time the prize for completing the Gauntlet was a 4*. And the only way to complete Gauntlet is with all essentials.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:
    Can anyone confirm if it's possible to get Top 100 during a 4-star PVE event with only two essentials?

Normally I wouldn't bother, but the next PVE is the Gauntlet, and last time the prize for completing the Gauntlet was a 4*. And the only way to complete Gauntlet is with all essentials.

It's very luck-dependent what bracket you get stuck in, so while it's possible, there's no simple answer. I got Top 100 in Ant-Man with only 2 essentials, not playing optimal on my clears and little (if any?) grinding at the end of subs. I've also had brutal brackets where all the essentials and slightly un-optimal play (didn't have health packs to grind down fully, or not able to let each node refresh completely due to sleep/work/etc, but otherwise I did everything "right" for PVE) didn't get me Top 150. If you go as best you can for the first 24 hours, you should get a good idea of how easy/hard your bracket is and you can keep going or give up as you see fit.

Good luck.
  • How long do you have to go without being in a PVE to get bounced to newbie brackets? I haven't done any PVEs since the Thing (which was, what, two months ago?) but would like to do this one, and my strategy will be different if I'm in a newbie bracket than if I'm in a normal one.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Only bought a 10 pack, but got lucky and pulled a Fantastic blue and a Carnage green.

Not too hyped about the Carnage, but I mean 4* is 4* right?
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought 4 and got a few Star-Lord's and a Nick Fury, all usable but sadly no Elasto-Man for me
  • Philly79 wrote:
    I bought 4 and got a few Star-Lord's and a Nick Fury, all usable but sadly no Elasto-Man for me

Needed a star Lord, for I have none.

Got blue fantastic.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:

Got blue fantastic.
    wish I could trade you one. my 300 token in army of 1 flashed gold and I got excited till he came through. other than xf he's my best covered 4* though. yippie, a well covered 4* cd goon - awesome.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:

Got blue fantastic.
    wish I could trade you one. my 300 token in army of 1 flashed gold and I got excited till he came through. other than xf he's my best covered 4* though. yippie, a well covered 4* cd goon - awesome.

my SL was 112 (now 213) so I really did not "need" any as having him was enough to do the essentials, I felt the same way when the gold flashed though...
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    I'm in slice 1, as the 11 pm ending time fits in best with my real life; 11 pm clear, when I get up at 6 (before family duties) for the 7 am clear, as late a lunch as possible for the 3 pm clear, then grind like a grinder from about 9 pm. Luckily days 2 and 3 are at the weekend here, so all clears can happen when they're supposed to happen.

I see The1WhoKnocks is in my bracket, and he's doing optimum clears, so I can already see that my early second clear has lost me 65 points. It's nice having a pace car so you can track where the tortoises should be amongst all the hares. I doubt top 2 is possible this time, maybe top 10 if I can keep pace with the most tortoise of tortoises.
  • Finished Sub 1 on my stream....Charlie's Angels for life!
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    The downside to having someone like The1WhoKnocks in your bracket is you see just how badly you're doing compared to optimum clears. After sub 1 I'm already 2500 or so behind. Definitely not winning this one...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,998 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    The downside to having someone like The1WhoKnocks in your bracket is you see just how badly you're doing compared to optimum clears. After sub 1 I'm already 2500 or so behind. Definitely not winning this one...

sub 2 is worse hate to see what sub 3 brings.