The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options
killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
buff_new.png Mr. Fantastic (Essential), icon_elektra.png Elektra, icon_antman.png Ant-Man, icon_falcon.png Sam Wilson

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_quicksilver.png Quicksilver (Essential), icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch, icon_spiderman.png Spider-Man, icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers, icon_deadpool.png Deadpool, icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus

star.pngstar.png
icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye (Essential), icon_wolverine.png Wolverine, icon_daken.png Daken

star.png
icon_yelena.png Yelena Belova, icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye

Fragmentation - Stage 1

35 - 100 iso8.png
123 - healthpack.png
235 - token_standard.png
371 - +3 all-boost
597 - 100 iso8.png
796 - +20% Damage Boosts
968 - 200 iso8.png
1164 - token_standard.png
1423 - blueflag.pngicon_hawkeye.pngstar.pngstar.png

Corrupted Memory - Stage 2

119 - 250 iso8.png
375 - token_standard.png
655 - 250 iso8.png
959 - redflag.pngicon_ares.pngstar.pngstar.png
1353 - 500 iso8.png
1720 - cardpack.png The Gauntlet
2060 - 500 iso8.png
2424 - 50 imcoin.png
2851 - 500 iso8.png
3538 - redflag.pngicon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

System Failure - Stage 3

203 - 100 iso8.png
627 - greenflag.pngicon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.png
1075 - 250 iso8.png
1547 - cardpack.png The Gauntlet
2109 - 1000 iso8.png
2644 - purpleflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
3152 - 1000 iso8.png
3684 - 50 imcoin.png
4279 - purpleflag.pngicon_blade.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
5218 - yellowflag.pngicon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No information on this yet? First essential node on the first map is Quicksilver.

Would love to know who the essentials are for the 2nd map so I can tell if I am locked out of getting that red Steve Rogers cover (I don't have Mr. Fantastic).
  • Nerevar83
    Options
    1st map essential is Quicksilver twice. 2nd map essentials are SWitch and Quicksilver. Havent gotten to the 3rd one yet.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The change to tokens is interesting. 10-pack gives a guaranteed 3* or better, 42-pack gives a guaranteed 4*, both for the final token.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    The change to tokens is interesting. 10-pack gives a guaranteed 3* or better, 42-pack gives a guaranteed 4*, both for the final token.

41 Moonstones and a Baglady!
  • j12601 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

41 Moonstones and a Baglady!

Oh stop exaggerating already.

It's 38 moonstones, 2 BE, a storm and a baglady.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My vote for most evil node goes to (maxed out) fist/hulkbuster/hood with (useless) quicksilver essential. Mad respect to anyone who can beat this fairly. My only hope is to throw bodies at it and try to get 14 tu to use mega whales but the opponent can kill you so quickly you need super lucky board to do anything. I guess PX/GSBW could also do it if you get some natural criticals to get going but they are super squishy so you don't have much time to play around.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

Which tokens are you seeing this change on? I didn't see any change in odds on Android or Steam.
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Which tokens are you seeing this change on? I didn't see any change in odds on Android or Steam.

From what I can tell, it seems like only some people are getting those kinds of tokens.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Transplanting my posts from the other thread:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ~~WARNING: YOU NEED MR. FANTASTIC IF YOU WANT TO COMPLETE ULTRON~~
    raisinbman wrote:
    Interesting team I came up with - Cyke + DD + 2*Mag

So the overall levels for this event seem to be higher(might just be my set of powered up characters now), but the nodes aren't as devious so far. They're beatable, but may take a health pack or second try. Then again, Haven't started system failure where the bulk of the difficulty usually is.

Please check out my stream for the nonessentials in fragmentation/corrupted memory as well as what the initial essential characters are, tips, tricks, and node strategy.

Going through the essentials last to not bork my scaling.

Will resume my stream after lunch. What a day to be off, eh?

haha they weren't lying qs + prof x + iron fist is rlly good team
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The first "optional" path on System Failure (3rd tier of gauntlet) has Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) aka icon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png as the essential.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

There have been a bunch of A/B tests going on lately with tokens. They had a couple of events where half of the player base got a vault, and half got regular tokens. I've got a stockpile of one of every event token for the last...6-8 months maybe? Usually a rerun of that event will use the same tokens. Hollowpoint Kiss, Punisher, and Gauntlet have gotten a new token that doesn't stack with the old ones. Currently in my game I see new Gauntlet tokens available where the 10 pack and 42 pack have a guaranteed 3 or 4 star cover available as the final cover opened.

Still not the guaranteed packs that used to exist (before seasons I think, or maybe right around when they started) where you'd get a guaranteed cover of the featured character. Those were still not the greatest value, but they were much better than the no guarantee packs that apparently we all like because we like randomness and it feels good to spend money and not get anything. I dunno. I haven't bought a 10 pack since back when I was guaranteed to get a Black Panther, and that was a little after his release. Long time ago.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Finished up to node 42 on my stream, nonessentials for those looking for tips tricks and strategy
  • My gauntlet "Store" shows the 3 options at the bottom. 10 pack is "Final Cover Guaranteed 3 star or better" and 42 pack says " Final Cover: Guaranteed 4 star" for what that's worth.

The odds for 3s and 4s are better overall as well, with the 2 star cover odds decreased to 4.8 for a single pack and 4.5 for 10+ so there's definitely changes.
  • raisinbman wrote:

I thought there was no scaling on Gauntlet? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see anything about a guarantee on my Gauntlet token page, so I guess it's another A/B test thing.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

As I said in my stream, personal scaling is still in the gauntlet but community scaling(which doesn't exist anymore, anyway) does not.

It may behoove you to watch my stream
    icon_e_wink.gif

Going thru all the nonessentials makes them scale less, but makes the essentials scale more, and vice versa. I'd rather fight scaled essentials than scaled non-essentials.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    Node 26: SW + IF + Colossus. I can't even come close to beating this node. What the heck? I have DP, Steve, QS with 20-40 levels over these guys. Main problem for me is that I can't use my own SW or Fist. Everything was smooth sailing until that. I'm embarrassed. This is not even in the "hard" shard.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    As I said in my stream, personal scaling is still in the gauntlet but community scaling(which doesn't exist anymore, anyway) does not.

It may behoove you to watch my stream icon_e_wink.gif

Going thru all the nonessentials makes them scale less, but makes the essentials scale more, and vice versa. I'd rather fight scaled essentials than scaled non-essentials.

For those that don't want to go watch videos on youtube and would rather ask questions and get answers, there is still personal scaling. If you beat a node, you might see the levels on previous nodes go up, due to personal scaling. This is why most people go thru the Gauntlet, beating the main tracks, to unlock the next chapters, then go back and play the Essentials in reverse order, after beating all the non Essential nodes. Essentials usually have lower levels than normal/hard nodes do, so by working backwards, it'll get easier as you get closer to the end, if you're working backwards with Essential nodes.
  • Node 26: SW + IF + Colossus. I can't even come close to beating this node. What the heck? I have DP, Steve, QS with 20-40 levels over these guys. Main problem for me is that I can't use my own SW or Fist. Everything was smooth sailing until that. I'm embarrassed. This is not even in the "hard" shard.
    I believe I went through that with a couple casts of whales on my stream.

Or maybe I used Scott + Matt + 2*Mag. Hm.

Also can be Hulkbombed due to IF's free Anger-induced.

Sidenote: someone really drinkin' the haterade in this thread, sad, really....
  • Starsaber
    Options
    It looks like Scarlet Witch is the essential for at least the first branch in Corrupted Memory. Who is the essential for the third one? I kind of doubt I'll make it that far, but it may be useful for some decisions I'm going to need to make about roster spots in the near future.

Also, what is the pattern for figuring out the essentials for the next PVE from a Gauntlet? I'm guessing 3* Cap and 4* Thor based on the rewards from the second and third areas, but I'm not sure on the 2* one since the highest award for the first area is a token.