PVE: Meet Rocket & Groot (September 17-22)

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
jffdougan

End times (Central Daylight Time):
Monday, 21 September, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Tuesday, 22 September

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_thing.png The Thing (Essential) icon_iceman.png Iceman icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Fantastic icon_carnage.png Carnage icon_invisiblewoman.png Invisible Woman

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_hulk.png The Hulk (Essential) icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk icon_colossus_new.png Colossus icon_ironman.png Iron Man icon_humantorch.png Human Torch

star.pngstar.png
icon_ms_marvel.png Captain Marvel (Essential) icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow

star.png
icon_venom.png Venom icon_ironman.png Iron Man

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1500: healthpack.png
2400: rainbow AP stockpile
3600: 140 iso8.png
5000: icon_ms_marvel.png Captain Marvel blackflag.png
6500: 140 iso8.png
8500: token_event.png
10500: 140 iso8.png
12500: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow blackflag.png
14500: 250 iso8.png
17000: 25 imcoin.png
19500: 250 iso8.png
22000: icon_hulk.png The Hulk greenflag.png
25000: 500 iso8.png
29000: 25 imcoin.png
33500: token_event.png
38500: 1000 iso8.png
44000: token_legendary.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_iceman.png Iceman greenflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_iceman.png Iceman greenflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_iceman.png Iceman blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers redflag.png, 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png,
301-400: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch blackflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_iceman.png Iceman purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Meet Rocket & Groot has 3 sub-events. Traditionally they are 24 hours long; it appears that one of the subs will be 48 hours this time. (Likely the middle one based on past pattern.)

Edit/Update: Yes, the second sub is 48 hours long.

Previous runs

PVE:Meet Rocket & Groot (July 5-10)
Meet Rocket & Groot - April 14 - April 19
Meet Rocket & Groot - Feb 3 - Feb 8
Meet Rocket and Groot (Take Two - Dec 1-4)
Meet Rocket & Groot- Nov 26-Dec 1

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A little disappointed to see Hulk Green as the progression reward here, since that was the top 50 reward in The Hulk event. Also, Green is given out every single time The Hulk event runs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a whole lot of boosted purple this week... May have to break out OBW to run with She-Hulk and Cage.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A reminder to everyone, too - the first sub you have to fight Juggernaut and Hood. Including a couple of nodes where Hood is fed yellow by goons. Which I keep hoping they'll tweak but they haven't yet.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    A little disappointed to see Hulk Green as the progression reward here, since that was the top 50 reward in The Hulk event. Also, Green is given out every single time The Hulk event runs.
    was really hoping black - mine is at 5/4/4 and that sure would help me hulkbomb 1 hard node per clear.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just realized this is the PvE where you go up against Doom in the last sub. I'm rather happy Hulk is boosted then. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    Options
    last run the 3* was at 18K. now is at 22K and leg at 44K. and only 3 subs, so only 3 chances at grinds. this one might be a little harder than the hulk one. maybe they adjusted node points, but I doubt it.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How many points are in a clear of the first sub?
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    How many points are in a clear of the first sub?

2570 for one clear on 1st Sub. 2640 including one time main node.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, other than lucky cascades, what's the best approach for handling L210-ish Hood, Muscle, and Bullseye?

I've tried a lot of different teams of boosted and/or maxed 3* teams (except for a L202 XFW, my 4* roster are still babies) and no matter what I do, either Muscle feeds Hood and strike tiles kill me, or Hood drains all my AP and I can't get off the damage I need to kill anyone. I know once one guy goes down the other two will be easier, but getting to that first kill is just brutal.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    Options
    Honest question, how easy would it be to hit the final progression for the Legendary token if I didn't have the 2* Cap marvel?

Might need to make space for her but I've got Thing (only 1 red) and Hulk (very well covered).
  • thanos8587
    Options
    MiTYH wrote:
    Honest question, how easy would it be to hit the final progression for the Legendary token if I didn't have the 2* Cap marvel?

Might need to make space for her but I've got Thing (only 1 red) and Hulk (very well covered).

it should still be doable but that depends entirely on your grind. im certain there will be people scoring 65k plus if not near 100k. those people are crazy (imho), but it will be done by people doing optimal clears and end of sub grinds. i think its up to you.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    MiTYH wrote:

I'm in the same boat, missing 2* Cap Marvel, but I am going to try for it. I was missing one of the essentials in the Hulk PVE but still managed to get Legendary token there.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    Options
    Rojas66 wrote:
    MiTYH wrote:

I'm in the same boat, missing 2* Cap Marvel, but I am going to try for it. I was missing one of the essentials in the Hulk PVE but still managed to get Legendary token there.

Good to know. I pulled a 2* Marvel just now with a standard token but I'd rather not waste a space for her. Already about to cash in HP for my Thing reward tonight. There's probably a 2* I could toss for her to have a rotating slot but... I dont wanna... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, other than lucky cascades, what's the best approach for handling L210-ish Hood, Muscle, and Bullseye?

I've tried a lot of different teams of boosted and/or maxed 3* teams (except for a L202 XFW, my 4* roster are still babies) and no matter what I do, either Muscle feeds Hood and strike tiles kill me, or Hood drains all my AP and I can't get off the damage I need to kill anyone. I know once one guy goes down the other two will be easier, but getting to that first kill is just brutal.

I almost always go for Fist vs hood or loki because their health is low enough that his automatic attack tile combined with match damage will usually take them out before they can do too much ap accumulation. Run him with boosted Cage for free protection and maybe boosted OBW for countdown delay/extra match dmg and you should be fine.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I used She Hulk, KK and Luke Cage but normally I use IF against Hood. I did okay but I'll likely switch in IF for KK.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

I almost always go for Fist vs hood or loki because their health is low enough that his automatic attack tile combined with match damage will usually take them out before they can do too much ap accumulation. Run him with boosted Cage for free protection and maybe boosted OBW for countdown delay/extra match dmg and you should be fine.

Fist/cage is solid. I haven't started yet, but in goon feeder/Hood nodes previously I always took along Torch w/ +2 r/y ap boost. If you can get off his red quickly against Hood the match becomes trivial.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Fist/cage is solid. I haven't started yet, but in goon feeder/Hood nodes previously I always took along Torch w/ +2 r/y ap boost. If you can get off his red quickly against Hood the match becomes trivial.
    not starting till the morning but fist/cage/torch is my planned A team here. no blue but not a huge deal.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks - Cage and Fist (with CMags for blue damage) did the trick. They were two of the last 3*s I had fully covered, so I still haven't worked out all their tricks, especially in PvE.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MiTYH wrote:
    Good to know. I pulled a 2* Marvel just now with a standard token but I'd rather not waste a space for her. Already about to cash in HP for my Thing reward tonight. There's probably a 2* I could toss for her to have a rotating slot but... I dont wanna... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Buy a slot for 2* Ms Marvel and sell her after the event ends. Use the spot for Iceman or the next new character you get.
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for suggesting IF/Cage/CMags for that last node Worked a treat after it had killed most of my roster