PVE Heroic: Venom (September 21-25)

lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 24 September, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Friday, 25 September

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_iceman.png Iceman (Essential) icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Fantastic icon_carnage.png Carnage icon_invisiblewoman.png Invisible Woman

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers (Essential) icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk icon_colossus_new.png Colossus icon_ironman.png Iron Man icon_humantorch.png Human Torch

star.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png Human Torch (Essential) icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow

star.png
icon_venom.png Venom icon_ironman.png Iron Man

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1500: healthpack.png
2000: rainbow AP stockpile
2900: 140 iso8.png
3900: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch blackflag.png
5000: 140 iso8.png
6500: token_event.png
7500: 140 iso8.png
9000: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow purpleflag.png
10500: 250 iso8.png
12500: 25 imcoin.png
14000: 1000 iso8.png
16000: icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers blueflag.png
18000: 500 iso8.png
21000: 25 imcoin.png
24500: token_event.png
28000: 1000 iso8.png
32000: token_legendary.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine blackflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus blueflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus blackflag.pnggreenflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus blackflag.pnggreenflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_moonstone.png Moonstone purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_moonstone.png Moonstone purpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_moonstone.png Moonstone purpleflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus greenflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Reinforcements
Sub 1: Sticky Situation (24 hours)
Reinforcements: icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch (3*) icon_ms_marvel.png Captain Marvel (2*) icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow (1*)

Sub 2: Rescue Aunt May (24 hours)
Reinforcements: icon_ironman.png Iron Man (3*) icon_magneto.png Magneto (2*) icon_spiderman.png Spider-Man (1*)

Sub 3: Rescue Mary Jane (24 hours)
Reinforcements: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk (3*) icon_thor.png Thor (2*) icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye (1*)

Previous post
jffdougan Update: Demiurge_Kabir has said in the reddit announcement regarding the death of community scaling that it should be off for this event. I know that the opening fights to unlock the first sub were brutal (2 health packs/fight).

I can't recall if this has been run since they started revamping the PVE schedule & formatting. I'll update with sub info & reinforcements as time permits, regardless.

Previous Reinforcements
Reinforcements: Falcon, OBW, Storm (Modern)

Reinforcements: Mohawk, Ms Marvel, IM 35

Reinforcements: Blade, Captain America, Juggernaut

Previous runs

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Reinforcements

this list doesn't make sense to me. OBW is boosted for the week, so how is she a reinforcement for 1? Don't we get all the weekly boosteds for the entire event? same with 2cap for sub 3. right?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Reinforcements

this list doesn't make sense to me. OBW is boosted for the week, so how is she a reinforcement for 1? Don't we get all the weekly boosteds for the entire event? same with 2cap for sub 3. right?
    I think that's the list from last time the event ran... Look up a bit.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    doct oct and moonstone talk about a **** sim or does sim even have ess nods
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    So, I was doing the Iceman Essential, and I brought along Scarlet Witch and Captain America without much thought. Then at one point in the match I found I had a Peacemaker Shield, Arcane Incantation, and Snowman on the board. All 3 are countdown.png! I didn't do this on purpose, but it was a bit of a chore having to keep straight which tile was which! icon_lol.gif
  • Anybody else frustrated by the utter lack of purpletile.png users? There's icon_iceman.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_venom.png for a grand total of 3/15, not counting reinforcements. Especially with the fact that only slightly more than 10% of players have Iceman, and most people who aren't beginners or collectors won't have a Venom means that OBW is essentially the only purple option available, barring reinforcements.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Guys can anyone tell do they reintroduce the community scallng? I thought it is gone.... But now i didn't play at all and mobs are getting bigger and bigger...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have a question.

why are we still using 2* characters for essential nodes? i know you don't want to abandon those characters, but to make 2* torch an essential is goofy. especially since he has a 3* clone. at least have the option of using either for the node.

2* characters with identical 3* are essentially dead weight at this point.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    why are we still using 2* characters for essential nodes?
    To make sure each new roster spot costs 1000 HP. Duh.
  • meekersX
    Lukoil wrote:
    Guys can anyone tell do they reintroduce the community scallng? I thought it is gone.... But now i didn't play at all and mobs are getting bigger and bigger...
    Personal scaling still exists, and any nodes defeated in the sub affect this. If you look at a later node before you start a sub, and then before you play it, you'll sometimes find that it has increased in level due to this.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanks to the planners of this thing for providing witch for sub 1. unfortunately with all the loki nodes, she's just a battery to provide ap to the opponent. much thanks...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    thanks to the planners of this thing for providing witch for sub 1. unfortunately with all the loki nodes, she's just a battery to provide ap to the opponent. much thanks...

On the loki nodes, i try to match away her CD tile until i have enough blue for a stun with Cap.. then i can just stun him when it goes off and poof, no mischief. Not 100% effective, but works well enough.
  • Lukoil
    jredd wrote:
    i have a question.

why are we still using 2* characters for essential nodes? i know you don't want to abandon those characters, but to make 2* torch an essential is goofy. especially since he has a 3* clone. at least have the option of using either for the node.

I just use one slot for this type of essentials. It is ussually not a problem to get needed 2* character from running PVP. For example i sold my 1/1/1 lvl 15 Ms Marvel and recruited 1 red johnny. After this event is over i would sell him again.
  • Lukoil
    meekersX wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    Personal scaling still exists, and any nodes defeated in the sub affect this. If you look at a later node before you start a sub, and then before you play it, you'll sometimes find that it has increased in level due to this.
    Nope. I checked last node 2 hours ago it was 203 lvl. Now after 2 hours doing nothing they are lvl 207.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    i have a question.

you think that is bad watch in like 3 to 4 months they will drop the 2 and do

5 4 3 and those without the 5s are going to be screwed
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    i have a question.

That will not happen until 5*s are direct rewards. You have probably a year or more before it is even considered.
  • meekersX
    Lukoil wrote:
    Nope. I checked last node 2 hours ago it was 203 lvl. Now after 2 hours doing nothing they are lvl 207.
    Interesting! I don't have a concrete explanation for this. Just thinking now, I have noticed that the increases seem like they may be "batched" and processed only periodically. It's possible playing quickly that nodes don't scale until a few minutes later? I don't know.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Have any of your predictions ever happened?
  • Someone at d3 messed up. Iron man 3 star is listed in the main event as part of the main heroic but the second sub lists him as a reinforcement. This effectively takes away a three star that would have been there for the second sub.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Tall, dark and nasty grindable or is it still available during second sub? I can't remember.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone at d3 messed up. Iron man 3 star is listed in the main event as part of the main heroic but the second sub lists him as a reinforcement. This effectively takes away a three star that would have been there for the second sub.

Actually, it gives him more of a buff. The reinforcements are given the same boosts as the featured 3*, though you do lose a possible extra reinforcement.