PVE: Simulator (September 24-28)

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Sunday, 27 September, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Monday, 28 September

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png Wolverine (Essential) icon_iceman.png Iceman icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Fantastic icon_thing.png The Thing icon_starlord.png Star-Lord

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus (Essential) icon_loki.png Loki icon_mystique.png Mystique icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel icon_cyclops.png Cyclops icon_daredevil.png Daredevil

star.pngstar.png
icon_moonstone.png Moonstone (Essential) icon_storm.png Storm icon_humantorch.png Human Torch

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow icon_juggernaut.png Juggernaut

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1500: healthpack.png
2000: rainbow AP stockpile
2600: 140 iso8.png
3400: icon_moonstone.png Moonstone redflag.png
4500: 140 iso8.png
5500: token_event.png
6500: 140 iso8.png
8000: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch greenflag.png
9000: 250 iso8.png
10500: 25 imcoin.png
12000: 250 iso8.png
13500: icon_doctoroctopus.png Doctor Octopus blueflag.png
15500: 500 iso8.png
18000: 25 imcoin.png
20500: token_event.png
23500: 1000 iso8.png
27000: token_legendary.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_elektra.png Elektra blackflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk greenflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk redflag.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk redflag.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine greenflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine greenflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine greenflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk blueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Previous post
jffdougan
The Simulator now has 24-hour sub-rounds. Each sub-round has 2 branches, and easy one (on the right last time), and a hard one. The final node on the hard branch has a one-time node with a high-ISO reward.

Links to previous runs

Comments

• tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2015
    Options
    how to beat the last node featuring Deadpool 4*, Storm 3* and The Thing?
    they are all lvl200
    almost makes me cry
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hooray for Doc Oc Blue for progression! He will be complete!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tph_james wrote:
    they are all lvl200
    almost makes me cry

Bring some stunners. Try to keep Thing's health below the others so he doesn't hop in front, stun Deadpool if you're going to deal any big damage, so his passive doesn't go off.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wonder how hard it will be to get the LEg token. i say very hard for this since no goon nods. and insane levels
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    wonder how hard it will be to get the LEg token. i say very hard for this since no goon nods. and insane levels
    that just reinforces my decision to take this one off. need this break here.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    tph_james wrote:
    they are all lvl200
    almost makes me cry

Bring some stunners. Try to keep Thing's health below the others so he doesn't hop in front, stun Deadpool if you're going to deal any big damage, so his passive doesn't go off.

I made the mistake of targeting Deadpool first but then when I remembered that Thing will step in front I tried to alter my strategy but it was too late. That and I didn't bring in enough stunners.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

I'm hoping the points escalate dramatically in later rounds. I will do my 3 clears per day and that will put me in the ballpark for the leg token but if I am short toward the end I don't want to have to grind against some of these difficult nodes.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    and insane levels

So it's not just me then icon_cry.gif
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are these Simulator Events supposed to be similar in style to the Gauntlet, in that they are purposely more difficult than the norm?

I have no essentials so that doesn't help icon_e_sad.gif

That last node is atrocious, my only viable stunner is **Cap at 94 and there all sitting at 145 so he isn't that viable.

At least I don't "need" any of the rewards, may play this one a little casual to get some iso8.png & imcoin.png from progression.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was able to beat that Xpool/Storm/Thing with a Mystique/EDIT:XWolv/Cmags team, all maxed. Targeted Thing first and got lucky with it, Surgical strike triggering 2 x 5 matches and that led to a nice long chain of attacks that let me cut though all three non stop, including Xpool before his Xforcer could go off. VERY lucky in other words. (Who says only the AI gets ridiculous cascades?) I found the JG/Prof X/Cyke node before that to be the real pain tho, wiped on that several times.

Everybody complains about the Heroic PVE, but the Simulator has always been my least favorite. No effort for a story and you're fighting 4* teams at 200+ within the first ten minutes of it starting. Likely no legend progression for me on this one, just not worth hassle probably.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For Xpool/Storm/Thing i used Patch Loki LCap. Start with xpool, stun thing before you do berserker and repeat. Try to deny black cos hailstorm is a pain. I was sort of lucky with damage as hailstorm already clogged the board so strike tiles didn't enough damage to trigger Thing. But really, hailstorm is a real tinykitty.

Alternatively swap Daredevil for LCap, since he's boosted and you have stun and a buff tile remover.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    and insane levels

So it's not just me then icon_cry.gif

After the carnage ones in the previous event and now some of these nodes, I can only assume sales of health packs must be down this month. icon_e_sad.gif

I can't see myself managing the last one at all, I just can't delay them enough with stuns or ap denial to kill all three before they eventually manage to get off an attack and then I either get chipped away if it was Storm or have somebody dead/near-dead if it was one of the other two.
  • My Thing, Xpool, Storm were level 236.

Brought Cyclops, Loki, Patch.

Beat up on Xpool for a bit while building up enough Green, Red, Black, a bit of Yellow. Then Rage on Xpool, Thing protects, Optical Blast on Xpool, Thing protects, Mutant Revolutionary into another Optical Blast into Xpool. By this point Thing is at 2k, Xpool is at 6k, Storm full at 10k. Trickery, Illusions, cascades kill both Thing and Xpool, and then 3 matches kill Storm.

Not sure it'll go that well ever again, but that was good. I think Cyclops lost about 5k health, Loki maybe 2k.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanks D3 for the 3+ day off.. the levels are insane and your going to need 9k just to get token this be the first event i skip totally.

first hard round insane IRON FIST doing massive damge each turn
    one of the ess nodes have IW and PRO X both casting yellow so they take no damgage

thanks for the weekend off
  • Can we talk about that Jean Grey / Cyclops / Prof X node? I made a perfectly innocent opening move that cascaded into four match-fives. It was a short match.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Comrade.
    Passed the last node using your modus operandus.
    They were also level 237.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "FWIW: Beat sim 7 with Cyclops/Loki/Gamora...mostly because I was running out of health packs and characters and just said "what the heck, why not"

Was surprisingly effective.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tph_james wrote:
    they are all lvl200
    almost makes me cry

I haven't had to fight it yet. Before when there was a crazy Thing match, I nailed it with Patch/Loki. Build up Loki black and patch green. Use Patch to attack Storm. Thing jumps in and shields over 1000. Use Loki black to turn to damage. Then destroy. Doesn't have to be patch, but you get the shields.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    tph_james wrote:
    they are all lvl200
    almost makes me cry

I haven't had to fight it yet. Before when there was a crazy Thing match, I nailed it with Patch/Loki. Build up Loki black and patch green. Use Patch to attack Storm. Thing jumps in and shields over 1000. Use Loki black to turn to damage. Then destroy. Doesn't have to be patch, but you get the shields.

this where those 1* mbw teamups you get from your alliance mates really come in handy. mine were lvl 258 and actually set off thing and dp due to crit cascade that hit storm. luckily lady marvel likes pain and also stuns in a pinch.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    I beat the last two nodes (respectively 160 and 217) with Doc Ock 2/5/5-125, Mystique 3/5/5-135, and Steve Rogers 3/5/5-140.

In the first one, Doc Ock exploded through an unfortunate match 5 cascade. Mystique took care of Cyclop and Prof X with purpleflag.pngblackflag.png combo, Jean took multiple Cap redflag.png and died.

The second one felt easier. I concentrated my efforts on killing the Thing preventing Deadpool's involvement through Mystique's purpleflag.png . Mohawk using her blackflag.png made Doc Ock very happy. Doc Ock nickel and dimed them with his attack.png and Mystique and Cap combined their blackflag.png and. redflag.png to down the Thing and Deadpool in the same turn. They did shortwork of Mohawk after that.