PVE: Thick as Thieves (September 28 - October 2)

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, October 1st 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on Friday, October 2nd

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_elektra.png Elektra (Essential) icon_iceman.png Iceman icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Fantastic icon_thing.png The Thing icon_starlord.png Star-Lord

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk (Essential) icon_loki.png Loki icon_mystique.png Mystique icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel icon_cyclops.png Cyclops icon_daredevil.png Daredevil

star.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png Wolverine (Essential) icon_storm.png Storm icon_humantorch.png Human Torch

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow icon_juggernaut.png Juggernaut

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1600: healthpack.png
2600: rainbow AP stockpile
3900: 140 iso8.png
5400: icon_humantorch.png Human Torch blackflag.png
7000: 140 iso8.png
9000: token_event.png
11000: 140 iso8.png
13500: icon_wolverine.png Wolverine greenflag.png
16000: 250 iso8.png
18500: 25 imcoin.png
21000: 250 iso8.png
24000: icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk redflag.png
27000: 500 iso8.png
31500: 25 imcoin.png
36500: token_event.png
42000: 1000 iso8.png
48000: token_legendary.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_antman.png Ant-Man purpleflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_storm.png Storm greenflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_storm.png Storm yellowflag.pngblackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_storm.png Storm yellowflag.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow blackflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_storm.png Storm blackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Previous runs

Comments

• djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Not sure if 44K is even obtainable... I've done 3 clears of the first sub (not optimal ) and I'm at 9K
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:
    Not sure if 44K is even obtainable... I've done 3 clears of the first sub (not optimal ) and I'm at 9K

Point values go up each node, and WAY up on the final, i think i hit 50k for a t50 last time it was run.

Trying to go off memory here, but keep trucking, you will snag it.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First clear of sub 2 gives you 3530, with one of the nodes being non-repeatable, so 3330 pr clear.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:
    It always looks that way in the first sub. The points will rise...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:
    It always looks that way in the first sub. The points will rise...
    Yeah, like in the last 50 PVEs, 25% increase from one sub to the next.
    As soon as you've done your first clear in sub 1 you know exactly how many clears in every sub you need to do.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If i remember correctly, the hardest node in all of PVE (Business Partners) is worth like 800 points by itself.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best team ups for this event? I'm doing o.k. with 240 daredevil, 235 Cyclops, 234 she-hulk, but it seems like I could do better, needing just a little less healing to clear a set.

My ~strategy~ is to use cyclops yellow to get reds for DD, and occasionally she-hulk them with green, and a cyclops black if I get a good run. And sometimes I get to rarely stun with DD blue.

My "B" team is patch/loki with whoever, or patch/loki/falcon for the goons.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad they took the Don out of the Magneto/IM node
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:

I was wondering the same. I had to start late and missed one clear, but the points are really, really low. Hopefully, as others have mentioned, we see some bigger boosts in the last sub.

Currently have 9125. I did a double clear of the first sub last night and some grinding close to the end, then a clear of the second sub. I don't have A-Wolvie anymore and my Elektra is sitting on the bench, waiting for HP, so that probably hurts as well.
  • Pve improved a lot. Now lack new scenarios and villains. No more tournaments a week. Thus other players have more opportunities to acquire new rewards. I play it by legendary token and sometimes for some 4-star reward. For me only lack the covers of 3 stars: Quicksilver, Vision and Kamala Khan.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I seem to be getting along faster using Cyclops yellow to repeatedly red-bash with she-hulk. I have electra in the mix as well, but maybe there's a better 3rd team member?
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:

I was wondering the same. I had to start late and missed one clear, but the points are really, really low. Hopefully, as others have mentioned, we see some bigger boosts in the last sub.

Currently have 9125. I did a double clear of the first sub last night and some grinding close to the end, then a clear of the second sub. I don't have A-Wolvie anymore and my Elektra is sitting on the bench, waiting for HP, so that probably hurts as well.

An old alliance-mate had 87k the last time this ran, though a majority of us were in the 60-70k range. There are big points later on, especially in the final sub. Don't sweat it; even without wolvie, you'll make it no problem
  • Matthew G
    Options
    As far as teams for this event, I'm mainly sticking with my Cyclops (lv 89), Captain America (lv 142), and other character (ranges from 2* Human Torch (lv 150) to IM40 (lv 166) to tank red matches for Cap. or She-Hulk (lv 247) for her Green and Red abilities). It's been working pretty well for the stronger nodes.
    On the lower level nodes, I stick with my 2* Daken (lv 94), 2* Wolvie (lv 150), and a misc. 2* in order to save on health packs and for the quick clears.
    When my main team dies, I usually try to sub with GSBW (lv 166) and Scarlet Witch (lv 127) to farm Purple tiles. It has amazing synergy when you can finally get it going.
    Other teams I've tried are Blade/Black Panther for their strike tiles and Doc. Ock. just because I leveled him up to 140 from the last event and I'm trying to justify it icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    I've been getting away with Astonishing Wolverine, Falcon and Black Panther for the most part
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using Cyc, Mystique, and Loki/Falcon.

Played around with Shulk on a few of the goon nodes, helpful in draining that goon AP so the tiles don't get spammed so much.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy nodes :2* daken, thor, doom.

Hard :2* wolvie, C Storm, 2* Johnny storm

So far it's not been too bad
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So far I've done really well in this PvE with She Hulk ~120, Cyclops 127, Surfer 270 (red). Cyclops pumps red to She Hulk, Surfer makes it so my regular matches do big damage, and She Hulk does basically all the work with damage, tile steal, AP drain. Works better because She Hulk only tanks green which I only match if there's nothing else.

For easier nodes I just play with lv91 IF and random other people.
  • Gorca
    Options
    Any advice on the Anderson Bio- Technic VII?
    My strongest characters are Cyclops, KK, IF, GSBW (maxed) and DD/ She-Hulk (near max).
    I keep getting wiped when threaten goes off (791/tile at 207). Maybe I just have lousy luck getting matches but I end up getting overwhelmed pretty quickly.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gorca wrote:
    Any advice on the Anderson Bio- Technic VII?
    My strongest characters are Cyclops, KK, IF, GSBW (maxed) and DD/ She-Hulk (near max).
    I keep getting wiped when threaten goes off (791/tile at 207). Maybe I just have lousy luck getting matches but I end up getting overwhelmed pretty quickly.

I've been running Cyke & Loki (maxed) with She-Hulk (cover-maxed) and have been having no issues. Between Loki and She Hulk converting tiles, I find myself letting the Threaten countdown tiles resolve just so I can steal them.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've cruised every node with my 2* Wolvie, Torch and Storm so far... just got to business partners and the who... man these are going to be very tough nodes even with boosted essentials