PVE: Venom Bomb (2015-12-31 to 2016-01-04)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
Second verse, same as the first (Except for that easier to reach token_legendary.png ). Round 2 of Venom Bomb!

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_thor.png (Essential)
icon_venom.png (New)
icon_miles.png (New)
icon_jeangrey.png
icon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_shehulk.png (Essential)
icon_deadpool.png
icon_caroldanvers.png
icon_ironman.png
icon_colossus_new.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_hawkeye.png (Essential)
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_humantorch.png

star.png
icon_hawkeye.png
icon_venom.png

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1600: healthpack.png
2800: rainbow AP stockpile
4300: 140 iso8.png
6000: star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
8000: 140 iso8.png
10000: token_event.png
12500: 140 iso8.png
15000: star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png
18000: 250 iso8.png
21000: 25 imcoin.png
24000: 250 iso8.png
27000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_shehulk.pngredflag.png
30500: 500 iso8.png
35500: 25 imcoin.png
41500: token_event.png
47500: 1000 iso8.png
54000: token_legendary.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_thing.pngredflag.png + rewards for 2-5
2-5: icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png + rewards for 6-10
6-10: icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png + rewards for 11-20
11-20: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-200: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png , 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png , 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Sub-Event Placement Rewards
1-2: token_event.png x2, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, 2 commandpoints.png
3-10: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, 1 commandpoints.png
11-50: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png
101-200: token_event.png , 500 iso8.png
201-300: token_event.png , 250 iso8.png
301-400: token_heroic.png , 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x3, 250 iso8.png
5ß1-600: token_standard.png x2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png , 250 iso8.png
801-900: 140 iso8.png
901-1000: 70 iso8.png

Alliance
1-10: token_event.png , 250 iso8.png
11-50: token_event.png , 100 iso8.png
51-100: token_heroic.png , 100 iso8.png
101-250: token_heroic.png ,70 iso8.png
251-1000: token_standard.png x3, 70 iso8.png
1001-2000: token_standard.png x2, 70 iso8.png
2001-5000: token_standard.png , 70 iso8.png
5001-10000: token_standard.png

Previous runs
PVE: Venom Bomb (2015-12-24 to 2015-12-28)

Comments

• Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Options
    Can i just say how much scaling is a ****.....

The last node of the first sub have lvl 178 enemies. My bosted characters are lvl 159 (except my shethor with 5 covers lvl 190). I couldnt event remove half the health of the first ennemy before dying...
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The power ups are different this run - and I find the 3 essentials an odd combination to choose - the gem colours across the 3 are pretty much the same so the first node takes to long to collect gems ready to fire - IMHO
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As soon as the event opened I double tapped each node and didn't seem to have a problem with these dang symbiotes this time around... We'll see when it gets to the last subnode when we have to fight Carnage/Venom/Symbiotes again though. icon_cry.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    As soon as the event opened I double tapped each node and didn't seem to have a problem with these dang symbiotes this time around... We'll see when it gets to the last subnode when we have to fight Carnage/Venom/Symbiotes again though. icon_cry.gif

I used Shulk/IF/Cage in the first go-around, but that got wiped this time because IF/Cage aren't buffed this time. Going to try Grocket/KK/3* Thor this time to see if I can get any further.

Edit: Didn't take long to find out that the answer is NOPE.

Edit 2: Finally found a team that won it -- BARELY. Of 3* Cyclops/Shulkie/Blade, only Blade survived, but I'm now proud owner of 3 critical boosts (naw j/k got the 250 ISO).
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    With the characters that are boosted this time i have a team of 3* deadpool (200), 3* iron man (180), 2* human torch (150) was already dreading the final node with venom and carnage after it took me four attempts with a stronger team last time round but thought i'd give it a bash anyway. Two turns in and deadpool is already downed. Noped my way out of there and will be staying far away from that node for the rest of the sub i think!!
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:

I used Shulk/IF/Cage in the first go-around, but that got wiped this time because IF/Cage aren't buffed this time. Going to try Grocket/KK/3* Thor this time to see if I can get any further.

Edit: Didn't take long to find out that the answer is NOPE.

Edit 2: Finally found a team that won it -- BARELY. Of 3* Cyclops/Shulkie/Blade, only Blade survived, but I'm now proud owner of 3 critical boosts (naw j/k got the 250 ISO).

This event needs a retool. It's like the spawns have so many damn things going on its impossible to keep up. If you have any tile drought what so ever even with a full rainbow team, you're screwed.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is just a horrible event.
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like this event needs constantly Octopus being boosted, otherwise all the Carnage nodes are too much overpowered.
    Without using winfinite, grinding last nodes is a nightmare. I'm using it and still I need to buy health packs during last grind.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed to snipe a bracket and grab a top 10 when Venom was the price, which I'm glad for, 'cause I can't fathom how awful it would be to actually grind these nodes. Just thinking about nightmarish shudders with the power of a thousand suns. I really don't like symbiotes.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Options
    This is a terrible event. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put carnage & venom with the guard dog power (mutation) can GFY. This is nothing but a ploy to get people to buy health packs. Maybe people with fully developed rosters aren't having any issues with this, but the point values in my slice are well down from the normal pace. Games are supposed to be fun. This event sucks and needs to be reworked.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    apmonte wrote:
    This is a terrible event. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put carnage & venom with the guard dog power (mutation) can GFY. This is nothing but a ploy to get people to buy health packs. Maybe people with fully developed rosters aren't having any issues with this, but the point values in my slice are well down from the normal pace. Games are supposed to be fun. This event sucks and needs to be reworked.

is anyone elses scaling going nuts my ess started at 158.. went up to 189 then 2 hours before the end of nod its down to 109.... it sounds like comm scaling but i tthough that was removed long time ago
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As I stated during the first PVE run, this event needs retooling. In fact the game needs retooling. In my mind, there is one really simple solution to cure this PVE and others in one strike: force feeder-goons to use the ap they generate only for their own powers, not for playable (enemy) characters.

I'm ok with losing to a bad board and/or stronger enemies but I'm not content with my chances of winning depending whether the enemy uses his goon-fed AP for cd-tiles or for Carnage/Venom's powers. Scythes every one or two rounds isn't really fair or fun. If enemy collects enough ap through matches to use powers, I just have to eat that damage, that's either bad on my part or good luck on AI's. But I'm not sure it's about luck whether enemy places a cd-tile or annihilates my team directly with Scythes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Comm scaling has to be on in this event... did all nodes besides the last 2 never got wipped my Ess nodes went from 150 to 130s
  • Wolfspwn
    Wolfspwn Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I'm the kind of player that barely complain about much and usually enjoy playing. I've been playing for almost a year and a half. I must say this GOT to be the worse event to date. I have a good roster and not like I suck at this game but the AI are just way to overwhelming and definitely got the upper hand. just poor design In this "copy and paste" from previous venom bomb event and the Devs obviously idnt read about how **** the last event was didn't bother adjusting it. I wasted 6 Hp in one node cause they "luck" out on boards or me having some bad luck. I yah I was rank 2 now I just had enough and you know what it's not worth the frustration and my blood boils in anger. Good luck to you all.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just got to 54,000 and the LT (Rulk Gamma!!) - didn't think I would make it as I can't get the final node done and after 14 health packs I thought it wasn't worth it

Even struggled to get the SHulk Ess and only did it once - I was sitting overall top 50 but have slid to 61

I don't have Thoress either so patting myself on the back

I did notice though that whenever I fired off SHulk's furious charge.... The AI's red never ever got touched - Scythes anyone???

Edit - couldn't sleep and did some more grinding of the 'easier' nodes - somehow got back up to 40th overall - patting myself on the back again - it's tough when you have an essential gap
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed the significant overlap between boosted/essential characters between the last run and the current run? It's almost as if the devs want us to use 4* Thor, She-Hulk and Spider-man a lot in this event...

If my Red Hulk had been worth a damn I would have tried using him, She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch against Carnage. Wanda feeds Rulk purple AP that he uses to drain green, the green AP generated can then be used by She-Hulk to drain two more colors.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    If my Red Hulk had been worth a damn I would have tried using him, She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch against Carnage. Wanda feeds Rulk purple AP that he uses to drain green, the green AP generated can then be used by She-Hulk to drain two more colors.
    I can't really comment much because I couldn't use Red Hulk myself to generate enough green.. but considering this depends a lot on the CD tile resolving, it might be too slow to work against Carnage and the feeder(s).
    Not to mention the only damaging power is She-Hulk's Power of Attorney (because we're using all the purple for Gamma Siphon) or tiles stolen from Settlement.

Theoretically, Furious Charge should be able to drain Red or Green with 2 goes at most.. but I've had occasions where I charged 3 times and there's still red left (the only colour I wanted to drain!). I used Hulk, She-Hulk and KK during the the first run, relying on the same principle.
    I suppose. I still might try it out with my maxed Kingpin instead of Rul though, he was quite effective last go around, though the boost probably had something to do with it...
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After being wiped a couple of times I just gave up on the essentials nodes involving Carnage.

The only hope was goons using red instead of him. Defeating a single node should depend on the player's ability and roster, not solely on luck.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, so first of all three clears per sub event are going to be enough to get to LT. I have one more full clear to go but will be slightly short of the LT and I did do some low level grinding on the easy nodes as well. I will probably have to clear the essentials a couple more times after my next complete clear. This is with having all of the essential characters and doing full point value clears.

Yeah carnage with red ap feeders is pretty stupid. I have been fairly fortunate and only wiped once or twice through the whole event. I throw everything at Carnage but the kitchen sink every node he is in. I usually use IF, Cage, LCap on the toughest two nodes on main progression. On the essentials, I use a variety of teams to conserve health packs. Regardless even when I win, my team has been severely damaged due to all of the strike tiles. It is an annoying event and I think this will be my last PvE for a while and I will switch more towards PvP again.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had some luck against the Carnage/Venom/goon nodes using 3* Carol, Miles, and KK, and by luck I mean that KK was dead and the other two both had less than 2000 health left by the end. But the idea was to have Carol tank as often as possible to build up red for Miles to stun Carnage whenever the enemy had 7+ red AP (and recover some health at the same time), and downing Carnage I think is simple enough; the trick is to deny yellow/green to minimize the damage that Venom does you.