Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Nick Fury

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Wolverine usually starts the cycle, whatever. Dev's made a change, so... icon_e_smile.gificon_arrow.gificon_cool.gif

Still haven't champed him, so he's still at 210.

Previous Runs:
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Nick Fury
Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Nick Fury

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One of my only Covered Four Stars.

Round one. 3/4/0 level 120. Took out Mags on the third Try. Avengers Crits with Crit boost got lucky, and spawned both tiles into a Five of a Kind. That and he hit Demo next turn. Worked well.

Round two. 4/5/1 Level 120. Two demos on the first try.

Round three. Well with that Civil war event, and my 5/5/2 I jumped him to level 200. So... I think this should work for me, unless he's facing like Jean Grey or Howard, or someone new and semi busted/really invisible.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had him covered each event, think I won first try both times at level 210 - he was one of my early covered 4*'s but didn't get him maxed before I started getting better 4*'s.

It's actually funny/sad, easy to look at rosters and see max Fury/XF/GT and think - long time vet. That's the only folks that have all three of those maxed (outside of whales), only GT is maybe in the 2nd tier of 4*'s now.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's one of my half decent 4*s sitting at 152.

Beat CMags last time and fairly comfortable I'll do the same this time. His Demolition is perfect for this fight, especially if you can build the AP to hit it twice.

Would be nice to get another purpleflag.png cover for him though. I'm sitting on just 1 at the moment if I recall correctly.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only question I have for this upcoming fight is if I can champion Fury by tomorrow.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    120 5/2/2 not what I'd call easy as it took a bunch of colour boosts and 5-6 tries but doable.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Colour boosts and a few tries for a board in my favor and victory! Got out each of Fury's power and barely survived a CMags Red with a bunch of Team Ups on the board.

My LT turned out a Starlord redflag.png though so bit of a let down.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy-peasy first time with Wolveroach's level 166 5/4/4, boosted blue / purple, all, and 100% match damage, just to be sure. Didn't even get to fire off yellow. Got a nice Iceman green from the token.

Moon Roach's level 180 5/5/3 had no problems first time either, but I didn't use boosts. Got a useless Star-Lord red from the token.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Had him covered each event, think I won first try both times at level 210 - he was one of my early covered 4*'s but didn't get him maxed before I started getting better 4*'s.

It's actually funny/sad, easy to look at rosters and see max Fury/XF/GT and think - long time vet. That's the only folks that have all three of those maxed (outside of whales), only GT is maybe in the 2nd tier of 4*'s now.

The first-try win was funny: got off two fully powered yellows, didn't have enough purple or blue to fire them off until Mags was already stunned 2nd time and practically dead.

Beat all of DDQ 1st try and quickly - and ended 57th. I think that's my lowest ranking ever on a day when I beat the 4* node, must be lots of success today.

Carnage (tossed). Realized yesterday that I planned on not hoarding tacos - but the next possible time I could maybe need both 4* covers to improve my characters (rather than champion) is end of August - I have 13 covers for everyone until Ghost Rider. By then I'll probably have 13 GR's and will have to wait for Miles or later. Even though I'm tossing 4*'s left and right I'm still opening LT's for now - since 5*'s are "all that matter"!
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    5/5/2 lvl 170 - no problem this time, no powers fired from mags.

Saving all tokens til season end.

1/1 so far for this run!
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    My 5/5/3 level 168 Fury managed it first time - denied blue and red and was able to fire off blue twice. My reward from the legendary - a dupe greenflag.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_cry.gif. I'll hang onto it for a little while though just in case they rework him soon.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it on the first try with a 2/4/2 Level 132 Fury using +2 all AP, +2 B/P AP and +100% all damage. Got a very good opening board setting up Fury's blue on Turn 3, which Magneto blew up on the very next turn. After that it was just cleanup. It was winnable regardless, but it was nice to have a little luck on my side, too...

The legendary token gave me a purple X-23, which makes her 2/1/1.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I struggled a bit with this even with my icon_nickfury.png at lvl 270 5 yellowflag.png 5 blueflag.png 3 purpleflag.png Failed 1st try with redcrit.png boosts as icon_magneto.png manage to obtain all redtile.png & bluetile.png no matter how much of them I tried denying.

2nd attempt I took no chances & equipped 20% more damage & +2 on all colours boosts. Did significant damage to him with Escape Plan (would've been even more if he hadn't thrown down enemyprotect.png ) & denied him bluetile.png so I can use Demolition, ultimtaely self KO'ing himself after 2 evasive turns.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was pretty hard to lose, as I have him at Lv 288 icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still used some boosts because I have them at 30.. what else am I saving them for? Now that I have well over 10 health packs, it's more important to conserve those.

Well, I did some matching, he did the shield move, I did the purple move, then I did the yellow with all of the reinforcements, and then that was it for him!! No chance in heck!

Won a Big Pun, putting him at four covers for me.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deny blue! Deny Blue! Deny Blue!

Won 2nd time, but my fury is 212 or so and 5/3/5/ What do I get for my troubles? icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png sigh
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 2 attempts. First board was mostly green. Magneto' cascaded into his 3 colors, so I got knocked out real quick.

Second try, the board was more even, so I focused on getting blue. Ended up getting enough Yellow before Blue, so I stunned him and set traps. Got real close to matching away some of my traps before he was unstunned, but luckily his first match back set them off. Finished him off with an Escape Plan.

Got a purple Red Hulk, putting him at 2/5/4.

I also opened a Heroic immediately after, which gave me a blue Jean Grey. She's now 2/2/5.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    My Nick's 5/4/2. First try was boostless and failed. Second try was with 2+R/Y and +100% all match damage which went splendidly. Got a redflag.pngicon_ironman.png, which was needed.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Championed Nick won without boosts on the first try, surprising no one. icon_nova.pngredflag.png, my 5th, which should make his next ddq appearance trivial.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 level 145. first try, but was close and when I finished him he had enough blue to finish me. could not get him to match a trap and I ended up matching too many away denying him colors, so was closer at the end. he got no abilities off and I got 1 of each, finishing blow with yellow
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After a year of MPQ, my Fury is somehow still only 2/1/2. (Meanwhile, my Cho has 6 covers, sigh.) So I'm trying to do this at 111 with only 5k health and getting pummeled. I just can't kill him fast enough before he gets off a red and/or blue. 8 attempts in, best I've done is get him to 3k. Otherwise, I've not gotten him under 8k.

Today's a weird day for me in MPQ, where my PVE bracket is in the middle of a 48h sub in the new test, and I'm not doing any PVP events, so I've got nothing to spend health packs on today but this. I might end up trying this 30x today.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LVL 152 (pulled a yellow from one of today's tacos and leveled him up), 3/1/3 - got him on the 4th or 5th try, +2 b/p, +50% damage b/p, +2 all

On my initial attempts, he always got a match-4 or cascade that led to a bunch of blue and my demise. On the winning attempt, he did fire off yellow but matched a demolition tile and ate an escape plan. He had just gotten enough blue to finish me off when I noticed his health was around 5K (about the lowest I had gotten it during the failed attempts), escape plan CD resolved, I fired off avengers assemble which cascaded into enough purple for another escape plan FTW.

XFDP purple, bringing him to 2/4/3.