4* DDQ: Science Bros (Hulk vs Hulkbuster)

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
Don't see any thread for this yet, so I'll start

My IMHB is currently at 3/4/3 lv120, and I'm planning to level him up to at least 166. I also have his redflag.png in the vault; pulling it and bringing Buster to 4/4/3 would be a huge help. The previous two times I wasn't successful, partly because my Buster was 1/2/2 or lower

First run
Second run

Comments

• ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I have more than 1 red in HB so this time I will give the event a shot(My HB is 3/3/5). Should be fairly easy if I level to 150 or so.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Can I do it with a 5/0/2 HB?
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Can I do it with a 5/0/2 HB?
    Yes, a 30 redtile.png Repulsor Punch should one-hit Hulk.

Great, I'll try then. thanks! He's at 131 now, I can take him to 168 if I have to.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 1/1/1 will be skipping this one.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you think that three red cover are enough to beat Hulk? My HB stands currently at level 130 with a 3/3/5 build.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At what minimum level do you think a 5/5/3 IMHB needs to be at to beat this thing?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    Do you think that three red cover are enough to beat Hulk? My HB stands currently at level 130 with a 3/3/5 build.
    Apparently so, according to Peter's guide, someone with a lvl 130 3/2/1 managed to do it. Probably with a lot of boosts and careful use of Overdrive.

That's where my IMHB is this time round so I'm really hopeful I have a shot at this one.

I'm currently 3/3 on Crash this cycle and would like a few more tokens than I earned last cycle as a lot of my 4*s lack covers.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Curently 3/3 on this run, I will probably make it without any trouble, as my IMHB is lvl 275.
    I'm confident to finish most of the Crashes this cycle. The previous one was really correct to me, so my goal is to perfect this one.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a 3/1/2 Hulkbuster, sitting unleveled. I have the ISO to bring him up to his current level cap of 131, but was saving it to champion a few 3's I have covers for in my queue.

I see that a 3/2/1 130 beat him in the strategy thread. Is that a fluke, or do I have a good shot at this if I level my HB? I consider myself average at best skill-wise in this game.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed it 1st time with my 180 5/5/2 HB, no boosts, got 30 red and it was all over, my reward, redflag.pngicon_redhulk.png to make him 4/0/2 (i really need 1 green to stand any chance of the 4* DDP)
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    managed 1st time with 3/3/4/ lvl 160 2all ap and 2blue purp ap
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    Done it on the first try, l168 5/0/2 without boosts. Hulk only managed to fire his green once, I denied red and I think it was a friendly board. Fired my red with 28AP, smashed Hulk. Or should I say busted?

Reward: blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png (now 1/3/0)
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok so I was expecting this to be harder than it was.

I went in with a lvl 131 IMHB rocking 3/2/1

I added +2 all colours / +2 red&yellow / +125% Crit boost

Took my two tries with the above set up. First time I didn't deny red hard enough and he got a smash off on me after I had used my first Repulsor for 30AP.

I'd say if you deny with Red throughout and nab blue when you can then you can get through this fight. Don't use overdrive as that health loss isn't worth the boost unless it means you can win (final move sort of shenanigans)
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    3/0/3 lvl 147. Used all color match damage boost and r/y match damage boost.

Matched red, green, blue in that order. Fired blue off twice. Waited until Hulk had ~4500 left to fire off red. He got a lucky cascade or two but I was able to beat it first try
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L230, 4/5/3 finished first go with only G/B damage boosts, with 538 health left.

Accidentally set off anger with Overdrive strikes twice. Oops.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I added quite a few IMHB covers since the last run and "maxed" my 5/3/3 to LVL 229 and took care of things on the first try even with a terrible board...down to about 5500 health and Hulk at 11K Overdrive + 30 AP Repulsor FTW.

Reward... icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png unfortunately my sixth...
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3/3/1 lvl 152 +2r/y +2all max boost r/y
    First try
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I won a hot dog stand! Heck yeah!
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Options
    My level 110 5-0-1 HB had to try 6 or 7 tries (red always miracalously appears on his turn).

On my last try, I got 23 red, when he cascaded into a lot of red, meaning he had enough to smash me. I fired my punch, just for the sake of it, but he was left with a little more than 300 HP. I was pretty sad, since no good move was on the board. Fortunately after doing a measly yellow matc, AKA, the only possible one, it did a little cascade that was just barely enough to down him icon_e_smile.gif

Got a blue JG. She is now 3-5-1.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My first 4*DDQ win!

Level 150 Hulkbuster at 3/1/4. I used the match damage, red/yellow damage, and add blue buffs. Took 5 tries. I was really close one other try, had him under 100 HP before I got smashed.

Reward: purpleflag.pngicon_x23.png