Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Deadpool

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Forgot to start this one last week.

I actually managed to finish this one at full health, thanks to Out of Bullets. I started the match with a red match-5, immediately followed by a purple match-5.
Not a single skill fired by Wolverine.

Lvl 170 5/3/5.

Previous Runs

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3/2/2 L141 managed it first go with +2R/Y, +2All, +100% Match.

He got off a very early heal, and an X-Force, but Out of Bullets and a double Countdown took care of him.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    a selection of spectacular cascades and matches meant that a single Out of Bullets and match away a Countdown to What Tile did for him...

level 110 5 red 3 purple 2 black no boosts or anything...

sadly my Cyke Red was just ISO
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trying to actually do these with partially covered characters has taught me one thing above all else: if these game wants to screw you over, it's going to. Doesn't matter how hard you try to prevent it - it's going to happen.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lvl 106 XFDP at 5/1/5. Used 50% RY, 50% BG, and All +2. Hoarded the token. I launched Countdown for What about 4 times during this match and launched Out of Bullets once for the coup de grace.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed dp won handily without boosts. No special cascades, just collected enough red and purple to win.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat it with a lvl 147 DP 2/3/2 on 5th try. Used +2 AP boost, +60% all color match damage, and +2 Red/Yellow AP boost.

First 4 tries I didn't use any boosts and wasn't close to beating him but all 4 matches had bad boards. I think I could have still won without boosts but I was so frustrated with the boards I was getting that I finally decided to use boosts and then of course I had an ok board and with boosts beat him.

Received a redflag.pngicon_starlord.png on token
  • silavon
    silavon Posts: 1
    Options
    Beat it with a lvl 106 2/0/2 on the second try with +2 r/y +100% all and +50% b/g

A 4th X-23 violet was my reward
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well this was easy one to beat! Just once used purple power, once OOB and that's pretty much it! My DP is around level 135 but it greatly helps that OOB is at 4

And on top of that got Iron Man Mark (whatever) *****
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This thing is hard without purple. lost a lot so far.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won with my level 130 Deadpool (4/1/1) in 3rd try without any boosts. The LT gave me icon_antman.pngblueflag.png which was - unfortunately - unneeded. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Got it on second try with 1/3/1. +100% match damage, +1 AP to each color, +125% damage from crits. I focused on denying black and yellow and it wasn't too bad. I did luck out with 2 crits straightaway. Pulled my first green Thing, so that was nice.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This took my 133 4/1/3 XFDP longer than I thought it would, but won on my 6th try.

My problem was that there's too much to control. Just denying black/green/yellow is tough enough (every board I had, there were too many matches to deny them all), leaving few openings to gather red and purple. There came a point where I gave up trying to deny everything, so I went more offensive, and -- as is usually the case for these fights -- I kept trying until I got a favorable board where I didn't get killed with unlucky cascades.

My winning attempt, I used +2 R/Y, +2 P/B, +2 all. Now 3 out of 4 for cycle 3.

My reward: token_legendary.pngredflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png (now 0/2/0)

my 3rd 5* out of 4 June pulls!
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 'Pool is champed, so this was no problem. I even forgot to respec before I started; I played with 5 in black instead of purple.

Logan got off a yellow early. I let it resolve then hit him with red and purple. Even the lower purple damage was enough to finish him off with three CD's match.

Got Drax purple. He's now 2/2/2.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ouch, 4th try.

111, 5/2/2, +100% match dmg, +125% crit, +2 all ap. OOB does 5k and heals 3k, but he just kept getting all his colours somehow.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anyone finding trouble with this matchup, take heart: I waited to get enough ISO to champion my XFDP today to respec him to 5/3/5, and I still lost the first time (2-3 X-Forces, 2 Recoveries, and one Surgical Strike eaten, 3 match-5s for the CPU, and I never fired any of my abilities (though I may have been sitting on my purple)).

Second time I was less cute about firing my purple, which was more than buff enough to take XFW down after a couple matches.

Banked the LT.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    with enough levels xp can take green and yellow attacks. you have to avoid that black. my champ took 2 greens and a yellow. finished xfw off with red and came out with nearly full health. i prioritized: black, red, purple/green, yellow. must deny black.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him 4th try with my 3/0/3 lvl 147. Boosted B/P and R/Y, and +60% match damage (cos I was almost out).

Like I said in the LT thread...pulled a Cho green.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    even with championed XFDP this took me 3 attempts with boosts icon_redface.gif

Just kept getting bad boards.

4/4 for this run so far, and got my first icon_greengoblin.png for the trouble
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Needed 2 tries even with my lvl 272 XFDP.
    I've never seen so many black tiles on a starting board...