Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Thor

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Let's start this one up before I forget. Champed at 277 5/3/5.

Previous Runs

Comments

• mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Lvl 70 or less then lvl 100 5/2/5 should be fun. Might have to bring her up a bit
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since my Lady Thor is fully covered (5/4/4) at level 130, I think that I definitely have a chance to get through the CotT this time.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the previous cycle, my Thor was 3/3/2 @ 168, and I remember the matchup being rather difficult. She's 3/4/3 now, so, unless I level her up some more, I don't expect the match to be appreciably easier this time either.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Would love to hit the 4th Blue prior to this fight... but currently 5/5/3 level 150 so I think I should be ok.... especially if I blow a boost or two...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 5/2/4, currently level 130 but dumping ISO into her as I get it. Hoping to reach at least level 140 before the crash, because this will be the first one I think I've got a shot at winning. I'll even dump one of my 2* champs for ISO for her if I have to. 60K ISO will feed her a lot of levels.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Th4r is level 111, 4/3/2. Realistically, how far should I be prepared to level her to have a decent shot of winning this one?

Should 130 do it? Or do I need to get her more into the 165 range?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have my Goddess at 5/3/5 level 272 so I'm anticipating absolutely no difficulty in walking to yet another Captain Flaptain.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    never been quite as excited for a crash as this one...champed LVL 272 5/3/5 Thoress should roll with relative ease...
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Doable with a 131 2/1/3 using +2 all, +2 blue and +all match damage after a couple of tries.

Got a blueflag.png Antman which was nice.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eventually got him, only 2 out my 12 covers being red made it a lot more difficult than some of these.

Red 5* Cap for my troubles as my luck continues to be far better at getting 5's out of the newer tokens than the classic ones. icon_e_sad.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Super pumped!! I got super lucky and squeaked out a win. 120 1/5/5 Thor. Boosted 2+ r/y, b/p, 60% match damage to all. Took three tries. Maybe now the game will give more Thor red, only one I have I got from the daily resupply.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lvl 121 5/2/2 Thor for me, got it on the 5th try I think, with +2 Yellow/Red +2 Blue/Purple and + 2 all AP. 1st try I didn't boost anything and ended losing to his green with Rags ending up with 158 health... (I think if it killed him to I would have won, right?) and another attempt with a defeat at 600 Rags health, so it felt good to finally put him down.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my 6th attempt with my level 133 Th4r at 4/3/2.

First two tries were just token attempts to get a feel for things. I quickly realized yellow would be useless for me, doing only 500 damage and not converting anything. So my focus would be collect red/blue, deny green, and hope.

On my "real" attempts, I used +2 R/Y, +2 B/P, +100% damage. I tried to stockpile enough AP so I could fire off 1 blue and 2 red on the same turn (as they'd feed into each other). I also tried to wait for Rags to create charged tiles for my abilities to consume as well.

Most of my attempts, I just got bad boards. Too much green/red/blue for Rags, not enough for me. Eventually, I got a board where I was able to fire off an initial red with a few charged tiles on the board, then a blue / red combo that finished him off.

My reward: greenflag.pngicon_x23.png (now 4/2/5)

Which is a really nice pull for me, as X-23 is one of my only 4*s over 10 covers.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 148, 5/2/4. First try! I got a good board layout that started with a match-4 blue. I soon got him stun-locked for 4 turns, then a couple of Smites, down he went. He never even fired a power.

icon_miles.pngredflag.png from the token. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but not the worst I could've gotten either.

First ever Crash win for me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daiglebgl
    daiglebgl Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Leveled up my 5/2/2 Lady Thor from 70 to 188 for this match. First try I didn't use any boosts and barely lost even with a terrible board. Second try I boosted +2 Y/R AP and +50% Y/R Damage and I won easily.

Got a icon_thor.pngredflag.png for my trouble. icon_neutral.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Thoress is 2/1/1, level 94. First attempted it itemless 2 times, practice runs so to say, get a feeling whether it can be done or not. Considered it very unlikely. Attempted it anyway with +100% match dmg, +50% r/y damage, +125% crit boosts. Hit a very lucky board and with some smart play I could finish him in the turn after he collected enough green for his Godlike power. He got off 1 red and 2 blues.

Got a blue Bucky cover, my first cover for him.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With some luck.
    130 3/2/3
    3rd try
    No boosts.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3/2/1 lvl 131
    boosted r/y match +50% all match 100% crit boost 125%
    won with 23 health and mostly poor luck on cascades until I got a 5 yellow, into 4 blue with crit tile, one yellow match later I had 23 health and he had 0.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NNCSavage wrote:
    3/2/1 lvl 131
    boosted r/y match +50% all match 100% crit boost 125%
    won with 23 health and mostly poor luck on cascades until I got a 5 yellow, into 4 blue with crit tile, one yellow match later I had 23 health and he had 0.

You beat me on the "Low Health Left" score. I had 153 health left with my LVL 176 4/3/3. There were a whole lot of charged tiles on the board when I hit him with a Double Smite. Got a Black Elektra cover out of the deal, so it's not all bad.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 lvl 271 destroyed Ragnarok with second attempt (first tried accidentally with 5/5/3 that didn't work)