Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Ant-Man

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Last time, he was either 5/3/1 or 5/4/1. Now he's 5/5/2. Progress!

Previous Runs

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Last time, he was either 5/3/1 or 5/4/1. Now he's 5/5/2. Progress!

Previous Runs

Managed last time with a 5/1/1. This time at 5/3/5, so should be easy.

fyi jojeda654: the links appear to be the same for Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. I think this should be cycle 2 instead:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44367
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fyi jojeda654: the links appear to be the same for Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. I think this should be cycle 2 instead:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44367

icon_redface.gif
    I grabbed this from the Compendium I created. Apparently, the links in the Cycle section are correct, but the ones under the Alphabetical section weren't. Fixed here. Working on updating the other thread. Thanks for your help!
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do i need to level up my lvl 128 4/1/2 Ant-Man? 21k to bring him to 152.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Do i need to level up my lvl 128 4/1/2 Ant-Man? 21k to bring him to 152.

From here:
    Low level/cover characters that have completed this challenge (if you have a low level or unique color configuration and managed to finish either respond in here or PM me!):
    Level 100, 3/1/5 by PeterGibbons316
    Level 111, 2/3/1 by MitchJewitz
    Level 111, 3/0/1 by Ozark Boatswain

So your Ant-Man does have a chance at his current level in the next Crash.
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Super stoked for this one since Ant-man became my first champed 4* this month!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I didn't have a chance with Elektra last week I hope I will get through this time. My Ant-Man stands currently at 2/5/3 (level 130). That should actually be enough to beat this one.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ant-Man is my highest champed 4* at level 300 so shouldn't me hard, but Jean Grey can be a tinykitty
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I somehow managed the 1st run when he was 1/2/3 or thereabouts and on the 2nd run when he was much more powered up and I must've tried 15 times and didn't get close.

Now I'm 3/3/4 at lvl.150 so have high hopes especially if I put a bit of ISO into him. Just don't know how much??
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ant-Man is my highest champed 4* at level 300 so shouldn't me hard, but Jean Grey can be a tinykitty
    Jean is not quite so bad one on one though. Try to stay away from match-5s. Green and purple aren't as impressive when they just hit one guy.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is a 5-3-4 at 150. Hope it's enough, bit I don't have very good luck when it comes to ddq 4 star. Might level him to 166, but will try first at his current level.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4-3-2 Ant-Man lvl 130 I don't know is that enough let's see...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/1/1, lvl135

I came really close last time - I think he was 2/1/1 - so a win would be nice but I'm not counting on it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Ant-Man here, expected no problems, got what I expected. icon_cool.gif
    Got icon_punisher.pngblueflag.png from the token, bringing him up to 3/5/3, so that's quite nice. Makes it harder to choose between softcapping him or championing Ghost Rider though...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0 for 5 so far. 4/2/1, level 130.

I'm really salty about this matchup. if I match 5, she's going to eat about a third of my health. If I don't match 5, she's going to get a cascade that lets her nuke me with her pink or green. So much fun.

I really wish there were a 4* DDQ that were more akin to the 3*. It feels great when I win with 2/2/2 Elektra, as I did last week, but doing the same fight over and over because other people are beating it at my level, surely that means *I* can, too, only to get one-shotted the second she gets the AP she needs? Not fun.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0 for 11. Closest I've gotten was getting her within 3000 HP of death when magic cascade gives her enough purple and green to go 'lol thanks for playing.'

Woulda thought 7 covers would be enough to have a realistic shot at this and not "one cascade and you're screwed, buddy."
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed, so cake walk.

Pulled Nova red, but mine is already 5/2/1. *sad trombone*
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/1/2 level 152 (I sold my 2* Steve Rogers champ for ISO this morning to level him up). Took +2 B/P. Won on the first try! icon_e_biggrin.gif It was close though. I had < 1000 HP left and Jean was one G or P match away from downing me. I finished her off with Grow.

Got Hulkbuster blue from the token. I'll take it.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No luck here. I'm 2/3/1 at 131. I got her to under 2k using some boosts, but that was a fluke. Every other time we go back and forth for a bit and I get hit with purple and it's game over.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After a couple early cascades, I thought I was doomed. Luckily, my purple created in a corner, and I was able to hang on. 5/5/3, 168.

blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png making him 3/4/5
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've moved mine to 3/5/5 for stealing (wonderful against ninjas), so purple grow is not the one-shotter that it was. still first try for my level 145, but wasn't doing much damage until I finally got the yellow out. then things went faster. was able to keep her from either ability, although she was very close on green at the end - had 10 green for the last 6 turns or so. one bad luck drop and I'd have been done, but it worked out.