Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Star-Lord

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Last time, he was 4/3/4 lvl 160. Apparently, I've earned 1 red and 1 purple. Dunno when that happened.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be neat if Star-lord got to fight Drax this time. Two color overlap and just generally a more enjoyable fight.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I now have a 5/5/3 L135 Shart-lord. What level do I need to bring him up to in order to have a realistic chance in this fight? Never had enough covers for him to justify bringing him up before now but Gamora usually stomps me so bad that I'm not sure I'll have a chance without dropping significant ISO into him which I don't really want to do.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I now have a 5/5/3 L135 Shart-lord. What level do I need to bring him up to in order to have a realistic chance in this fight? Never had enough covers for him to justify bringing him up before now but Gamora usually stomps me so bad that I'm not sure I'll have a chance without dropping significant ISO into him which I don't really want to do.
    his cds are really board dependent, but my 145 hasn't had much trouble. my guess is that 120 might be doable, and 94 might require some luck? I started with 145 as my ddq level and took about 8 of em to 145. I've since realized that they don't need that much iso and for gwen, venom, miles, cho, and GR, I had no issues with 94. some needed several tries, but I don't think any needed more than 4 or so.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 4-0-3 140, putting tiny bits of iso into him until the battle. Hope a 150-166 will be enough.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    I have a 4-0-3 140, putting tiny bits of iso into him until the battle. Hope a 150-166 will be enough.

It'll be a tough fight, but winnable. Here's my post from the last run:
    Won 3rd try with my 135 5/0/1. Boosted +2 bp, +50% ry, +100% all. Deny, deny, deny, deny.

You can't worry about getting your colors, just worry about Gamora getting hers. I'm at 5/0/3 now, still 135. We shall see how this goes.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hate the Star-Lord cycle, it reminds me I had to put iso in Star-Lord for the Star-Lord cycle.

Mine is 2/5/5, 153 and did it last time, if that helps as a baseline. Seem to recall the red was the bug factor.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    3/3/0, I think this may be the end of my streak this time round. Elektra scraped by, but I don't think I've even used Starlord
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Star-Lord is 5/3/4 (level 130). I hope that this fight will be easier to manage than the last one against JG.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    My Star-Lord is 5/3/4 (level 130). I hope that this fight will be easier to manage than the last one against JG.
    I have bad news for you...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Just quoting to make it three Blacks in a row
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Just quoting to make it three Blacks in a row

Careful, you're making the Whites nervous.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think my Star-Lord is too **** for this fight at this time (2/0/0)
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll give it a try with my 5/3/5 Star-Lord (level 155)
    I don't remember the last time I used him...
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Star-Lord is 2/1/3, still level 70. I'm assuming it's not worth putting levels into him to attempt this? I could bring him to 131, but that seems insufficient with the covers I have?
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Succeeded on 3rd try...
    Had to deny red and green.
    Thought I'd never win !
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is only 3/2/2. I got mauled on my first attempt with a very Gamora-friendly board. Here, do you want to deny the red, the green, or the black? All are on the board and you can only take one. Rinse & repeat.

I've bumped him to 130 and will take another crack or two through the day but I don't expect to win this one. All it takes is 2-3 red powers and match damage & SL goes down.
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I leveled up my 4/3/2 Starlord in preparation for this. He's as high as I can go at level 188. I blew through all my health packs and most of my boosts and never had a prayer each time.

I try to deny her her colors but the cascade that follows just gives her what she wants anyway. Her red is so cheap and if she stuns you or gets a Bad Reputation on you it's over.

I don't know what I can do differently but I'm going to try and get very aggravated when I get some health packs.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always a rough one. My L141, 5/3/4 star lord managed on 4th try. +100% all damage boost, +2 all, + 2R/Y.

First 3 attempts were crazy cascades, bad boards. Gamora got her black off in 2 of the attempts. Last attempt was deny deny deny, then collect, and hope for a good board.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Star-Lord had little trouble. I speced him 4/4/5 for maximum single target damage output, managed to put ot Everyone with me followed by two Oldest tricks, which was enough to KO her. She did get to do her Joan Jett impersonation, but it was too late to stop the countdowns.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/4/4 lvl127 with +100%dmg, +all boost, +r/y boost. Got lucky with a nice cascade. She hit me once with her red but nothing else fired. I think I fired my red 2-3 times and purple once.

Got a needed Thing red.