Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Thing

Options
2»

Comments

• Avizor
    Avizor Posts: 5
    Options
    2/2/3 Thing Level 147..... Probably 15 tries, with boosts until they are now all gone. No Chance on Earth to beat him. Got him 1 Time down to 2000 Health.....Cascade......Extra Turn Red.....Dead and gone.

A lot of times the board got reshuffled... Red and green denied.....Oh Extra Turn Black....Finished.

That's really really mean, makes me want to throw my phone right on the wall or do something more evil to people. Fun gets lost more and more on this game.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's level 200 5/3/5 managed first time, no problem, got a 5* Iron Man yellow from the token.

Wolveroach's level 106 0/0/4 will not be dignifying this event with his presence.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had to take my 4/3/4 Thing all the way up to 155 to pull this off. This fight was a ****! Took 7 tries, and many boosts. In 7 matches there was roughly 3 total turns where Human Torch did not get red, green or black matches. You can't convince me there isn't home cooking here with the RNG. I used to be excited to finish off Thing and maybe champion him but now I think he sucks and I've lost interest. Too expensive for his powers and they just don't hit very hard at all.

Pulled yellowflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png 5th cover for her to go with the 4 redflag.png I have. Got my Iceman from the daily drop today and he is 2/3/3 now, very excited to see him in his full glory! How high a level do we need next for Falcap? I have 13 covers with 5 reds, I'm sure even a champion flaptain can have trouble against Carol.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took five tries with a level 152 1/4/2, had to switch to three match damage boosts. I thought it would be easier actually, but i kept getting him down to two thousand and then he'd get two or three powers off. Also it took prioritizing denial of red and black over green.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    I decided to give it 1 shot with my 4/1/0 Thing (level 111) and managed to beat it. Went with +50% R/Y match damage, +2 R/Y AP and +100% all match damage.

Might have been overkill, but I took him down with 400 hitpoints left
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    I had to take my 4/3/4 Thing all the way up to 155 to pull this off. This fight was a ****! Took 7 tries, and many boosts. In 7 matches there was roughly 3 total turns where Human Torch did not get red, green or black matches. You can't convince me there isn't home cooking here with the RNG. I used to be excited to finish off Thing and maybe champion him but now I think he sucks and I've lost interest. Too expensive for his powers and they just don't hit very hard at all.

It's these (Clashes) that really reinforce the anecdotal evidence the tile drops aren't as random as the devs would have us believe, imo.
  • ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It really **** when I've got no 4's championed and nearest is Jean with missing one more cover, either green or blue and RNG for the 5th time continues to give me mind over matter which is already maxed out. Give me any other 4 and that's progression but it just wasted my time. I'm glad I no longer waste more of my time with this game.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine is 4/2/3 and level 170 and has no chance. Of course the board auto gives HT AP every turn regardless of how much I pay attention to the board. It has been 3 fights I'm the 5 year old and HT is the Hulk. Of course every time HT fires a power, there is no way for me to match his green or black tiles off the board they are always in the best possible place. I wish I had his luck.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your Thing needs to be at a high level, or this clash will be quite hard. Maybe you should raise your Thing up some more, so that he will last longer. Do your best to build up at least 24 Green, so that you can hold out as long as possible until the climax, then unleash everything you've got for the victory.
    Seriously though, deny red, deny red, deny red. In run 2 i won with a lv131 1/1/4 Thing; yesterday i won with a lv140 1/1/5 Thing. As mentioned, red is your utmost priority. It denies Fireball and fuels your own Clobberin Time, which should deal significant damage since yours is at 4 covers. Do your best to collect 24 Green while keeping an eye out for black
  • Triharda
    Triharda Posts: 17
    Options
    Erm...not boasting but I think you could pull it off now with a bit of luck.
    My Thing is 421 lv152 and I managed to pull it off with +2r/y +2all and +100%match damage
    Took 3 attempts and a bit of luck with the green countdown tile being easily matched away twice. Red deny meant I was hitting him enough to take him down.
  • torontoraptors
    Options
    My thing is 100 and level 70. Poor guy got smacked around until he said I had enough. Bruised body and ego. Poor guy.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did it on 3rd try with a 130 3/0/4 thing, used boosts. Got him down to 60 hp second try too.

Just deny red and black best you can, don't worry about green as much. You'll get a more favourable board eventually just keep plugging away.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did it I boosted 3rd try 345 lvl 100 - not that hard
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is possible at lower levels. I managed it on go 3. Extra ap. Mine is level 90 5/3/4. The main issue was health. He had 6k ish so if flame got a red or black off it was game over. Probably very lucky but proof it can be done.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I failed like 20 times with 3/4/2 level 129 so no LT this time...
    Best attempt ended with 3000 HP remaining. Torches red is bad but black is much worse... Thing is also more support/tank character than figher so its pretty difficult to win 1v1... especially when his passive is completely useless.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I barely beat this in cycle 2 with a L120 0/2/4 Thing, but couldn't this time around with him up to L133 1/3/4. I must have lost at least 20 times. It absolutely amazed me how consistently Torch kept cascading into red and green matches.

Since yellow is useless for this fight, I don't think it's as much about overall level as how many red/green covers you have. I think you really need 3 red and 3 green to get past the point where you need some incredible dumb luck to go your way.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You really do need to have at least 4 covers in one of your offensive abilities and not be afraid to level him up a little. Did it my first try with a lvl 170, 5/3/1.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat this on my 2nd try with my 120 5/1/1 thing, boosting +2 R/Y and R/Y damage. Got lucky!

Pulled something I needed. I think it was XFW Green.