Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Sam Wilson

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I forgot that this Cap locks out Falcon, not Steve. Looks like I gotta update my compendium thread. Booo!

First Run 0/2/0 (lol)
Second Run 2/3/5 (not to shabby)
Now 3/5/5 (that'll do)

Previous Runs

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 but only ("only") 168, this match will be much like the Thing/Torch faceoff, where I have a very well-covered character who's nevertheless underleveled and thus will require many many boosts.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    5/3/5 but only ("only") 168, this match will be much like the Thing/Torch faceoff, where I have a very well-covered character who's nevertheless underleveled and thus will require many many boosts.

it really shoudlnt. with 5 in red at that level the yellow into red combo should do 12,000 plus with a decent number of yellow on the board.

at lvl 180 mine will do 14,243 assuming 8 yellow tiles on the board. marvels big but she aint that big.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there any chance to get through with a 2/1/2 (lvl 111) Sam Wilson?
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Is there any chance to get through with a 2/1/2 (lvl 111) Sam Wilson?

Can't hurt to try. Definitely giving it a go with my 1/2/3 lvl 131. What's the worst that can happen?
  • to gun
    to gun Posts: 17
    Options
    level 168 5/0/2. No clue what to expect as this will be the first time I've tried this one. From reading previous cycles, the lack of red covers means you have to use boosts, and still plan on barely surviving.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    I am probably gonna fail this one as well. Mine is at 1 red and 5 yellows. Captain marvel will wipe my shields out like it was nothing.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    actually looking forward to this one with my 5/3/4...hopefully i can load up on red, get some protect tiles out, then go to work.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine is 4/5/1...ouch to the 1 red. I've bumped him up to 125 for now. I guess the trick will be to get a ton of protect tiles out and hope for the best with only a 1 cover red?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    Mine is 4/5/1...ouch to the 1 red. I've bumped him up to 125 for now. I guess the trick will be to get a ton of protect tiles out and hope for the best with only a 1 cover red?
    Unfortunately Captain Marvel only needs 7 red AP to blow up all your protect tiles, which also means there will not be much yellow left on the board.
    As I recall I won the first time with only 2 Red covers, but I think I leveled Sam to 188 or thereabout and used a lot of damage boosts. Also, I got lucky and managed to fire two consecutive Diverse Bombs.
    This time Sam is championed, so it should be easy. Just like last time.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Don't forget if it is the 3* version of captain marvel, she will gain red ap from big attacks so yeah she doesn't even need to match reds. Simply taking a lot of damage would let her wipe your protect tiles away.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/1/2 Lv 94 is probably dead Cap walking.

I'll probably try it once for grins but I'm not expecting anything.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As ever, I'll refer to Peter's DDQ4 guide for low-level winners:
    Level 94, 1/2/5 by CT1888
    Level 145, 4/2/2 by Vhailorx
    Level 152, 2/4/1 by PeterGibbons316
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    Don't forget if it is the 3* version of captain marvel, she will gain red ap from big attacks so yeah she doesn't even need to match reds. Simply taking a lot of damage would let her wipe your protect tiles away.
    Quebbster wrote:
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    Unfortunately Captain Marvel only needs 7 red AP to blow up all your protect tiles, which also means there will not be much yellow left on the board.
    As I recall I won the first time with only 2 Red covers, but I think I leveled Sam to 188 or thereabout and used a lot of damage boosts. Also, I got lucky and managed to fire two consecutive Diverse Bombs.
    This time Sam is championed, so it should be easy. Just like last time.

you guys are shaking my confidence lol
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it no boosts, and not too much of a challenge with my Champed (273, 3/5/5) Falcon.

Incredibly red starved board. The fight took ages (I got off Wings of Liberty twice!), until I finally gathered enough to put her away.

icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png for my troubles, bringing him to 2/1/2
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One yellow+red combo was all it took to put Carol out. Got icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png - the champion level was worth 4 CP.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This was my first time even attempting this clash as my Flaptain was too weak to try before icon_e_smile.gif

I had him at 4/2/3, level 181. Used boosts (all AP, all match damage, r/y AP), and it still took me six tries. I was really close on the 2nd time but cascaded a bunch very late which triggered her energy absorption 2 timed, and game over.

Having another red cover really would have helped, but I finally lucked into a board where I could save up 28 red AP to do Dive Bomb twice.

With the token, got massively trolled with a yellowflag.png Flaptain icon_lol.gif

I'm now at least undefeated in clashes for cycle 3, further along than last cycle.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Blue match for you, yellow match for her. Blue match for you, yellow match for her. Black match for you, red match-4 for her."

So that's how it's gonna be. Not like 1/1/2 was getting it done anyway.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed this second time with my 4/5/4 level 147 Flaptain. First time I made the mistake of using a match damage boost, which set off her passive quite a lot! Second time around was very close, was down to 200 health but managed to save up enough red for two attacks to finally down her.

The legendary gave me icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png, an extra champion level.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is such a troll matchup from demi. Flaptain needs lots of red covers and such a specific board layout to event have a shot. Just completed 11 tries. Even with 7800 health and 4 red covers, I survived long enough to collect 14 red and 9 yellow just 4 times, and on none of those occasions there was never enough yellow on the board for me to win. (note that I didn't boost my match damage and could probably have won at least a few of those 11 tries of I had). I have never survived long enough to collect even 20 red ap, let alone 28. icon_e_sad.gif

Marvel isn't good, but she really is the perfect counter to flaptain. Fast where he is slow, and completely unconcerned by his protect tiles. And stun is overpowered 1v1.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    My level 147 2/2/3 Flaptain made it in my second attempt. Boosts: +2 y/r, +2 all color, +100% damage. I took a hyper punch or two to the chin, but with 600 remaining (and another hyper punch queued up), one dive bomb was enough to put her down.

I probably had a lucky board, and was able to play a long ap denial game.