Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

Options
hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
Mine is currently 5/4/2, but still level 70. Last time it was an oddly covered Beast. Any suggestions as to what level is required to win this one?

Previous Run
    Cycle 2

Comments

• Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      I haven't leveled up my Cho since the last fight, though I have respeced him from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3. He's still level 152 though which was more than enough to handle Beast last time.
      Howver, I have to Point out that X-23 is next and then Ghost Rider, so we won't see this fight for Another two weeks.
    • hesjingixen
      hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Yeah, I just noticed that. A friend told me he was next, and I made the post without double checking (sorry). If some mod wants to delete my post, I wouldn't be opposed, but I don't see a way to do it myself.
    • jgomes32
      jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I got it last time at level 127 0/3/2. Took a few tries, but possible.
    • Cousin Simpson
      Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Mine is currently 5/4/2, but still level 70. Last time it was an oddly covered Beast. Any suggestions as to what level is required to win this one?

I got it done with a 5/1/3 at level 111 the last time around, and it looks like TxMoose got it done with 5/2/2 at 94.

EDIT: Oops, looks like my Cho was 2/1/2, still at level 111 though. So: you don't need to put many levels into him, thankfully!
    • Rojas66
      Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
      Options
      Mine is 3/2/3 and level 74 but I don't care much for him so not really excited to put ISO in him unless needed
    • statnut
      statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Wondering if my 1/2/3 Cho leveled up to 131 could do this.
    • statnut
      statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Wondering if my 1/2/3 Cho leveled up to 131 could do this.
    • Moon Roach
      Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      My level 180 5/3/5 won 3rd time, with a lot of boosts. Gods he's useless.

From the token I got a Jean, which took her to 280, which got me another legendary token, from which I got 5* Iron Man red, which was nice.

Wolveroach doesn't have a Cho, but it's moot anyway, as currently my steam account is permanently getting "Check Internet Connection". That seems to happen intermittently any time between 9 and 11 pm in The One Time Zone to Rule Them All.
    • ZeiramMR
      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      I beat it with my level 135 3/2/5 first time using just non-rainbow AP boosts. It was getting a little close at the end as I wrapped with a little under 1000 health. And for the record, two uses of Hot Dog Stand and two uses of Medical Marvel during the fight.

Token was a Prof. X.
    • StevO-J
      StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Had Cho 3/0/2 at lvl. 70 and that was a feable attempt the first time. Levelled him to 111 (thanks, Shield Rank Iso!) and tried again, bad board and was done in 8 turns or so, but tried again and got a little bit unlucky and finished with Beast down about 4k in health. 4th attempt was the lucky one I guess, had no hope to beat him really and was not about to sacrifice all sorts of boosts because of this... But I could keep Beast away from most green matches and his blue CD could be matched away soon enough, so I could keep building up my blue and green AP. Used Hotdog Stand 3 times I think, so even that was helping a tiny bit. After getting to 30 blue AP I fired green whenever there was a blue CD I couldn't get rid of, and in the last turn with my health down to about 900 I could fire green twice in a row to down Beast and emerge victorious!

That's the best sort of win, right? Not having any right to win but getting it nevertheless. icon_cool.gif

Not the lowest victory ever (there is a 3/0/1 lvl. 111 in the Low Lvl Victories thread) but still pretty low, and done without any boosts. So it can be done, but you have to get really lucky!

Final thought: What an utter garbage character Cho is, really... People are NOT joking about that. His black is mostly useless when you most need it, highly illogical, and when you need an opponent to be 2/2/2 just to give people a chance at winning I guess you should see that as a sign he needs a serious redesign (hint hint, devs... icon_e_smile.gif ).
    • JangoLore
      JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
      Options
      StevO-J wrote:
      Had Cho 3/0/2 at lvl. 70 and that was a feable attempt the first time. Levelled him to 111 (thanks, Shield Rank Iso!) and tried again, bad board and was done in 8 turns or so, but tried again and got a little bit unlucky and finished with Beast down about 4k in health. 4th attempt was the lucky one I guess, had no hope to beat him really and was not about to sacrifice all sorts of boosts because of this... But I could keep Beast away from most green matches and his blue CD could be matched away soon enough, so I could keep building up my blue and green AP. Used Hotdog Stand 3 times I think, so even that was helping a tiny bit. After getting to 30 blue AP I fired green whenever there was a blue CD I couldn't get rid of, and in the last turn with my health down to about 900 I could fire green twice in a row to down Beast and emerge victorious!

That's the best sort of win, right? Not having any right to win but getting it nevertheless. icon_cool.gif

Not the lowest victory ever (there is a 3/0/1 lvl. 111 in the Low Lvl Victories thread) but still pretty low, and done without any boosts. So it can be done, but you have to get really lucky!

Final thought: What an utter garbage character Cho is, really... People are NOT joking about that. His black is mostly useless when you most need it, highly illogical, and when you need an opponent to be 2/2/2 just to give people a chance at winning I guess you should see that as a sign he needs a serious redesign (hint hint, devs... icon_e_smile.gif ).

So then there is hope for my 4/1/3 lvl 103 if I just level him high enough?!?!?!?
    • ZeiramMR
      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      JangoLore: Absolutely, but it is a matter of how much ISO you are comfortable with spending on Cho. Just save your blue instead of using his power, and use your green when you really need to remove Beast's tiles or have blue AP very high.
    • StevO-J
      StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
      Options
      JangoLore wrote:
      So then there is hope for my 4/1/3 lvl 103 if I just level him high enough?!?!?!?

Well, I am certainly no expert on 4*DDQ just so you know, but seeing you have 4 green levels it should be slightly less dependent on luck in your case. Black ability levels is not such a big factor because as I said it's mostly useless, and blue could be better not to use even in some cases. I'm not going to advise you to pour as much Iso into Cho as you can spare because I felt like a complete idiot when I was levelling him, especially after playing a few rounds and seeing for myself how problematic Cho is as a character.

I wouldn't level him over 160 myself, I think after that you would just be throwing Iso away more or less. But hey, if you have enough Iso and the LT is worth it to you personally, and the frustration of trying to beat Beast and getting bad boards and cascades and all that, you could of course try it. I can't guarantee a victory at your level and amount of covers, people with a champ Cho are still having difficulty sometimes I think, because as i said: I had a LOT of luck.

Good luck to you! Hope you beat him if you decide to try.
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Level 152 5/5/3, got it done fairly easily. I was actually able to Munch a few hotdogs on the way to build up my blue supply and increase the green damage. Gave me some insight into how TAH is supposed to work... Too bad the numbers don't support him. icon_e_sad.gif
      Got icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png from the token, which gets her to level 279, so next time she's a PvP reward I'll get Another LT. Can't really complain about that.
    • catcusvader
      catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
      Options
      Used a 110 icon_hulkcho.png 3-5-3 lost first try no boots

2nd try won using boots

Got a icon_nickfury.png for a champ lvl 278

used 20 commandpointsbig.png got a redtile.pngicon_nova.png
    • tph_james
      tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Done it with lvl145 3/4/5 Cho, barely survived with 238 hp left ... Undeniably the worst 4*...the dev is humiliating 4* lineup and Cho as the smartest man.... His hot dog stand is like imaginary stand... The board almost never had less than 7 blue... U can't heal Given 500 black ap Haha... His blue power is another joke, create countdown tile to create blue charged tiles and destroy green tiles? who think of that seriously? His green power... Even 3* kamala is on par with him....comparing the beast green team damage, blue special tiles and yellow team healing, who's the mastermind now? I think we need to start a petition to either remove or redesign him... The dev must be drunk or trolling us when creating him... Face palm
    • tph_james
      tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
      Options
      tph_james wrote:
      Done it with lvl145 3/4/5 Cho, barely survived with 238 hp left ... Undeniably the worst 4*...the dev is humiliating 4* lineup and Cho as the smartest man.... His hot dog stand is like imaginary stand... The board almost never had less than 7 blue... U can't heal Given 500 black ap Haha... His blue power is another joke, create countdown tile to create blue charged tiles and destroy green tiles? who think of that seriously? His green power... Even 3* kamala is on par with him....comparing the beast green team damage, blue special tiles and yellow team healing, who's the mastermind now? I think we need to start a petition to either remove or redesign him... The dev must be drunk or trolling us when creating him...Face palm

I forgot to add... He even stuns himself when he tries to heal....I'm laughing with tears
    • Rojas66
      Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
      Options
      Leveled up 3/2/3 Cho to 147 and still could not win on 4 tries, even with boosts. He is such a terrible character and I didn't exactly have great boards. Hot Dog Stand is terrible especially when there are too many blue on the board where you can't use it and the blue are strategically scattered where you can't match them but then magically after you make a move, the board gets set up for Beast to match a blue or yellow. So frustrating!
    • JangoLore
      JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Ahh, yes, 4/1/3 lvl 112, with only b/p and g/b ap boosts did it. Saving up my blue was the key, so thanks Zeiram and Stev0 for the suggestions. My token got me a xforce wolvie who I recently champed (before shield rank thank you). That gave me two cp rounding up to 20 which I turned in for another token and got blue kate bishop. Gotta love the reward cascades!
    • TheRealJRad
      TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Took a few attempts, as Beast kept teasing me with his usable heal. Cho may smarter, but Hank isn't as dumb, I guess.

My first yellowflag.pngicon_ironman.png XLVI